Our new defense | Page 6 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Our new defense

Queen was not terrible in his first 4 years. In fact he averaged 113 combined tackles over 4 years with the Ravens.
Last year he played at a very high level but he still played at a high level throughout his time with the Ravens.

Comparing Tindall to Queen is laughable. Tindall wasn’t even a starter at Georgia and he just hasn’t shown the ability or awareness at the NFL level.

I think him being an okay ST player is the best we will ever see from Tindall. He is a bottom of the roster type player at best and I’ll be surprised if he is still on the roster beyond the 2024 season.
Tindall is a bust. Let’s just say it

The reason they hired Fangio was because what they were doing before wasn’t working.

The Dolphins had one of the best defenses in the league last season prior to Phillips, Chubb, and Holland being injured.
I have no problem with Fangio leaving if he wasn’t happy in Miami but I still liked his defense more than the defense they ran before he arrived.

A number of us are on record . . . VF did a good job with the D. First time in YEARS I've seen a Miami D adjust on the 'next drive.' All that was great until TENN. After that I didn't see VF seem to care.

A number of us are on record . . . VF did a good job with the D. First time in YEARS I've seen a Miami D adjust on the 'next drive.' All that was great until TENN. After that I didn't see VF seem to care.
Bottom line, that is true. 10th in total yards is something I think we'd be happy with most any season. Maybe he did some things that puzzled us, such as how he handled Cam Smith and preferred the mediocre Apple over him. But even with Apple getting so many snaps, bottom line was still 10th in total yards.

More than the 3 down linemen sub-packages, I think the main change on our defense will be the coverage scheme.

Based on Weaver's lineage and our personnel decisions I think we'll no longer play as much cover 6 or as much cloud concepts or even as much zone at all.

We're most likely going back to lots of man and cover 3.

I think this is good because the Bills' and Chiefs' main threat will be their TEs and these schemes are much better at covering them than zones.

It surprises me this has barely been talked about around here.

What do y'all think?
Man I have said before that I don't care what coverage we run as long as our new DC has the common sense to utilize one of the best corners in football on the other teams wideout that has damn near 200 yards at halftime.

Back
Top Bottom