Upgraded, Downgraded, Stayed the Same...You be the Judge! | Page 7 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Upgraded, Downgraded, Stayed the Same...You be the Judge!

The glaring area for me at a cursory glance is red zone efficiency... especially when less than 10 yards to the goal line. I feel (and I am sure someone will correct me) we left quite a few points behind due to not being able to punch it in for six.
Well, they were 3rd in the league last season, and Tua was 4th in competitions inside the 10.

Well, they were 3rd in the league last season, and Tua was 4th in competitions inside the 10.

Yeah no doubt they were it just felt at times we fumbled away, faded away to corners quite a bit from 5 yards out..but I admit these types of misfires do tend to burn themselves deeper into the memory bank... probably more than actuality.

Yeah no doubt they were it just felt at times we fumbled away, faded away to corners quite a bit from 5 yards out..but I admit these types of misfires do tend to burn themselves deeper into the memory bank... probably more than actuality.
Yeah, then there's the fact that almost all teams have those misfires. We just aren't emotionally attached to them, and assume it's only us that screws the pooch.....

Uncle Ray kind of plodding through the semantical jungle! Outbid, or lost, or value decertified doesn’t matter.... The roster no longer contains the 2 best players we had on the LOS. Beyond that – even the most silly among us can’t say the bargain bin players we picked up are of the same quality. Just like Wal-Mart ain’t Bloomingdale’s.

As far as “assessment,” pretty much everything on here is “speculation” until we get to the end of the season and evaluate the overall product. But it’s a typically a safe bet that lower quality components don’t create higher performance. Quality matters Ray. Maybe not size all the time – but quality is a proven winner! And I like winners Ray!

When it comes to everything this franchise does I’m absolutely from Missouri! Prove IT on the field or shut up. I don’t need the hype. I don’t need the blue shy. And please omit the juvenile cultish insistence that everything must be framed in a positive vector to avoid offending the fragile fan boys among us!

Just show me the wins – especially against strong competition. Do that and I’ll be happy to give praise.

:oops:

And that's why you have been posting here since 2012, because you like winners?
I like accuracy. - LOL

OK, I'll give it to you.

It is the "doldrums" of the season right now, but from what I've read about our FA selections, Draft picks and YES, even our UDFA picks, I'm excited for the upcoming season. I believe our team this year is going to be better balanced and deeper in depth at almost every position than last year, and that really is something to be grateful for, so put your crying towel away and enjoy the ride. Unless, of course, you are on the bottom. - LOL

And that's why you have been posting here since 2012, because you like winners?
I like accuracy. - LOL

OK, I'll give it to you.

It is the "doldrums" of the season right now, but from what I've read about our FA selections, Draft picks and YES, even our UDFA picks, I'm excited for the upcoming season. I believe our team this year is going to be better balanced and deeper in depth at almost every position than last year, and that really is something to be grateful for, so put your crying towel away and enjoy the ride. Unless, of course, you are on the bottom. - LOL
I think you did a li'l jujitsu on yourself!

Inferring I've been hanging with "losers" and therefore an inconsistency. I tend to agree, although there are other reasons to play in this yard -- including poking fun at the chimps from time to time!

I hope the TEAM is better and deeper too. We do have a chance. And really that's enough for most who follow the team. We have a chance to be competitive and maybe make some noise. I'm OK with that.

So much of our potential is contingent on (a) development of youth and (b) staying healthy. Beyond that we just need some positive breaks to come our way. Call it good football karma -- which has NOT been hanging around very often since Ross entered the picture. Maybe this is the year things really come our way!?

Or maybe not.

BTW I so ***ENJOYED*** watching the Bronco berserk game last season! I sure hope we get some more of those!
I don't just wanna win. I wanna annihilate the opposition! Embarrass them! Make them cry momma all the way home!

After all the crap I've tolerated with this team I think I deserve that! And I'm totally OK sharing that revenge/elation with others!

But be ready Ray. If we don't get the job done. I'll have my fun in other ways!

I just hope you don't get all insecure at night sucking on that rubber Dolphins nipple!

I think you did a li'l jujitsu on yourself!

Inferring I've been hanging with "losers" and therefore an inconsistency. I tend to agree, although there are other reasons to play in this yard -- including poking fun at the chimps from time to time!

I hope the TEAM is better and deeper too. We do have a chance. And really that's enough for most who follow the team. We have a chance to be competitive and maybe make some noise. I'm OK with that.

So much of our potential is contingent on (a) development of youth and (b) staying healthy. Beyond that we just need some positive breaks to come our way. Call it good football karma -- which has NOT been hanging around very often since Ross entered the picture. Maybe this is the year things really come our way!?

Or maybe not.

BTW I so ***ENJOYED*** watching the Bronco berserk game last season! I sure hope we get some more of those!
I don't just wanna win. I wanna annihilate the opposition! Embarrass them! Make them cry momma all the way home!

After all the crap I've tolerated with this team I think I deserve that! And I'm totally OK sharing that revenge/elation with others!

But be ready Ray. If we don't get the job done. I'll have my fun in other ways!

I just hope you don't get all insecure at night sucking on that rubber Dolphins nipple!

Keep that thought!

70 Burgers for every game.
What a comfortable way to enjoy the season. - LOL

Just remember, it's always open season on "Lemmings" so you can be a hunter or the hunted, it's all up to U. - LOL

Secondary is a massive upgrade. Fuller is miles ahead of Howard at this point in his career. Poyer is an upgrade over Elliot and he brings additional leadership and experience to the secondary. We signed a ton of guys that were former captains in their team. Barret/brooks/poyer even I believe Anthony walker who’s a backup was a captain on previous teams. Think that’s a hidden upgraded element they added that I haven’t seen many bring up.

I think anything on defense is predicated on what Weaver does and how his schemes are set up. Losing Wilkins obviously blows but they did sign a bunch of DTs so perhaps the scheme is a large rotation of guys rather than the typical two main DTs.

Offensively I expect them to be even better than last year. Adding OBJ, Wright, and Jonnu is excellent. I expect them to sign another OL post 6/1 which will help even more.

I think anything on defense is predicated on what Weaver does and how his schemes are set up. Losing Wilkins obviously blows but they did sign a bunch of DTs so perhaps the scheme is a large rotation of guys rather than the typical two main DTs.

Offensively I expect them to be even better than last year. Adding OBJ, Wright, and Jonnu is excellent. I expect them to sign another OL post 6/1 which will help even more.
This might frustrate Dolphins fans, but I keep reading that Miami thinks Liam Eichenberg will develop at right guard. In other words, we might not see any further additions there. I hope Grier and McDaniel are right because I believe the interior offensive line is vital to Tua's game.

I do think Miami will add a safety.

Secondary is a massive upgrade. Fuller is miles ahead of Howard at this point in his career. Poyer is an upgrade over Elliot and he brings additional leadership and experience to the secondary. We signed a ton of guys that were former captains in their team. Barret/brooks/poyer even I believe Anthony walker who’s a backup was a captain on previous teams. Think that’s a hidden upgraded element they added that I haven’t seen many bring up.
It might be. Losing both Elliott and Jones hurts a little. I like Poyer and if Miami brings in another veteran safety it probably balances out there.

This might frustrate Dolphins fans, but I keep reading that Miami thinks Liam Eichenberg will develop at right guard. In other words, we might not see any further additions there. I hope Grier and McDaniel are right because I believe the interior offensive line is vital to Tua's game.

I do think Miami will add a safety.
Still need another guy even if Liam sticks IMO.

Back
Top Bottom