06 olinemen disappointing | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

06 olinemen disappointing

SMadison29

What Sherman aspires to be
Reaction score
High expectations met by disappointing results would be the best way to describe the 2006 class of offensive linemen thus far. Heading into the season, there were as many as 11 senior line prospects who flashed the potential to emerge as top draft picks. As it stands right now, I would only feel good about giving Virginia OT D'Brickashaw Ferguson and Miami OT Eric Winston first-round grades.

Other highly rated senior offensive line prospects who have failed to play their way into the first round up to this point include Auburn T Marcus McNeill, Oklahoma G/T Davin Joseph, Boston College T Jeremy Trueblood, Texas T Jonathan Scott, LSU T Andrew Whitworth, Georgia G Max Jean-Gilles, Ohio State C Nick Mangold, Minnesota C Greg Eslinger and Florida C Mike Degory.

McNeill has the best potential to sneak into the bottom of the first round as a right tackle prospect. Joseph is a tweener RT/G prospect who will likely come off the board in the second round. Jean-Gilles lacks ideal athletic ability, but is an absolute mauler as an interior run blocker. Eslinger lacks ideal size, but is the most technically sound and efficient offensive line prospect in this class, and would fit perfectly in a zone-blocking scheme such as the one the Denver Broncos employ.

There are a few intriguing underclassmen who sneak into the picture. Of them, Wisconsin LT Joe Thomas, is the fastest rising. Thomas has always had a mammoth frame and freakishly quick feet for his size, but is only coming into his own as a more complete all-around blocker as a junior this season. If Thomas continues to play at such a high level to finish the season, and chooses to go the NFL route in the 2006 draft, he could squeeze in somewhere between Ferguson and Winston in the top half of the first round.

kastofsna120 said:
winston hasn't been THAT great this year

I didn't paste the entire article but there are a few paragraphs where the elipses are about how injuries have slowed down both Ferguson & Winston.

last year before he got injured he got soned by Eric Moore...although i heard he was pretty dominate other than that game...i wasnt impressed with him that game

Back
Top Bottom