'07 draft class - the need for a qb | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

'07 draft class - the need for a qb

cowtowndick

Seasoned Veteran
Reaction score
Many of us (especially me) have posted that we need to get our next franchise qb this year. Hypothetically speaking, and not knowing who may be potentian free agents after the '06 season, does anyone have any thoughts on the '07 qb class? Assuming all goes well, we'll be drafting, oh, let's say somewhere between 22 and 28 (I have a good feeling). Here's some names - what do y'all think?

Brady Quinn, ND
Jordan Palmer, UTEP
Drew Stanton, Mich St
Chris Leak, Fla
Troy Smith, Oh St
Sam Keller, ASU

Quinn is way out of reach for us, IMO the first QB to go...I like Stanton however, wouldn't mind going after him if we don't find our answer this offseason...

I don't think we get out of this draft without our QB of the future. Whether that's a first round guy or a 2nd or 3rd round guy, I just can' see Saban waiting another year.

sports24/7 said:
I don't think we get out of this draft without our QB of the future. Whether that's a first round guy or a 2nd or 3rd round guy, I just can' see Saban waiting another year.

totally agree - just throwing it out there for discussion purposes. i guess it depends upon what happens this year, if saban/mueller decide that the FA is the thing to do. but yeah, i'd be a little concerned if we don't draft a qb this year.

I like Keller of ASU, and not just because I am an Arizona State alum.....the only problem is he got hurt during the year. I would put Keller as the 2nd best QB in the PAC-10 this past year, behing Matt Leinart. Quinn is probably at the top of the list at the moment....we might want to pass on a QB this year, and find Gus's replacement next year. :confused:

Roman529 said:
I like Keller of ASU, and not just because I am an Arizona State alum.....the only problem is he got hurt during the year. I would put Keller as the 2nd best QB in the PAC-10 this past year, behing Matt Leinart. Quinn is probably at the top of the list at the moment....we might want to pass on a QB this year, and find Gus's replacement next year. :confused:

BLASPHEMY!!!!...........just kiddin. But seriously I don't think Saban will make haste THAT slowly.

I like Stanton and Keller, Quinn will be a top 5 selection so he'll be out of our reach. I'm not sold on Leak and need to see a little more of Troy Smith, although he did play well against Notre Dame in the Fiesta Bowl.

Quinn, Stanton, or Keller would all be great but I really don't see Saban putting of the QB issue for another year.

I Really Don't Like Leak, The Games I've Seen Him He Does Not Impress Me At All. The Little I Have Seen Of Smith Leads Me To Beleive He'll End Up In The Top 10-15 At Least In 07. Quinn Would Be Way Out Of Reach For Us. Hopefully That Is.

only quinn, stanton and keller look good from that list. smith is a great college QB, but i think he'll ultimately switch positions. keller needs to win a starting job from rudy carpenter, so who knows where he is at this point. i don't see chris leak every doing anything in the NFL to be honest.

Say no to Quinn. We don't need Trent Dilfer's estranged brother.

brohm and henne will prob. be in next year's draft, too. while this class will have quinn and brohm- two studs no doubt, imo it won't be as taltnet rich at the top as this year's in young and leinart, though the class might be a little deper.

kpcane said:
Say no to Quinn. We don't need Trent Dilfer's estranged brother.

That makes no sense whatsoever. :shakeno: No comparison.

cowtowndick said:
totally agree - just throwing it out there for discussion purposes. i guess it depends upon what happens this year, if saban/mueller decide that the FA is the thing to do. but yeah, i'd be a little concerned if we don't draft a qb this year.
Yeah, you never know. I don't think we'll have a chance at Quinn or Stanton, but Keller might be in our range. Next year could actually turn out to be a very good QB draft if some Juniors come out. If you combine Quinn, Stanton, Keller, and Zabransky who all have the potential to be first rounders with the possibility of guys like Brian Brohm, Chad Henne, and Kyle Wright that could equal one hell of a class.

Back
Top Bottom