'08-'09 Miami Heat | Page 33 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

'08-'09 Miami Heat

Am I the only one that thinks Beasley should start and play no less than 30 mins per?

It's time to take the training wheels off. Haslem is a fine player, but he just can't create for himself. Beasley is the only guy on our team who can create his own shot on a consistant basis, except maybe Chalmers. Someone needs to take the burden off Wade.

That's what O'Neal is here to do.

Beasley has a great array of offensive skills....if you gave him the minutes and shots he'd put up 20/7 and be the favorite for ROTY. And the team would be worse off. I like the approach Spoelstra has taken with Beasley. We all know you can score.....show us you can box your man out and play some d and we'll give you court time.

heat live on - jason jackson interviewing dwade - dwade says, "this is my house!"

Game 3 of the finals......Wade just decides that hes had enough. I don't know if there's another player in the NBA that could do what he did tonight.

That's what O'Neal is here to do.

Beasley has a great array of offensive skills....if you gave him the minutes and shots he'd put up 20/7 and be the favorite for ROTY. And the team would be worse off. I like the approach Spoelstra has taken with Beasley. We all know you can score.....show us you can box your man out and play some d and we'll give you court time.

We need the offensive fire power. Wade having to carry the entire scoring load is gonna wear him out come playoff time(which is going to increase the chance of injuries.) Wade is basicly the PG and SG of this team. He has to distribute and score because nobody can create opportunties for eachother or themselves.

I've never understood this wearing yourself out argument. These are professional athletes....I don't think 5 minutes or ten shots more per game is going to destroy them. Iverson carried his team to the finals, as did Lebron, Jordan.....Wilkens carried a team for almost a decade.

This team is not very good. Wade's continued brilliance is the only thing that makes them a playoff contender. Right now Haslem is a better player than Beasley....he rebounds, plays defense, and consistently knocks down the open jumper....all things that Beasley struggles with. Starting Beasley does take some of the scoring load from Wade, but on a team that barely manages to get by with Wade being his brilliant self.....thats not going to help matters.

Wade has already shown questionable durability. And his style of play makes him more susceptable to injury. If he didn't have to go so hard for 40+ minutes a game he'd likely extend his career. Wade already carried this team to a title when fat shaq milked injuries every other month, and played like trash through most of the playoffs. I have no doubt he can do it if he's healthy. But it's not beneficial to wear out the franchise player.

Not to mention he could potentially leave Miami for a place where he wont have the burden of carrying the entire team when he becomes a FA.

Ya it should, Wade isn't going to need any kind of cheap shots to get him goin for this one either.

Wade has already shown questionable durability. And his style of play makes him more susceptable to injury. If he didn't have to go so hard for 40+ minutes a game he'd likely extend his career. Wade already carried this team to a title when fat shaq milked injuries every other month, and played like trash through most of the playoffs. I have no doubt he can do it if he's healthy. But it's not beneficial to wear out the franchise player.

Not to mention he could potentially leave Miami for a place where he wont have the burden of carrying the entire team when he becomes a FA.

Its true that more minutes means a greater chance of injury. Wade has made a significant adjustment in his style of play to avoid further trauma and it appears to be working, but there is always the chance of some freak occurrence like the separated shoulder.

Hopefully in time Riley will manage to assemble a cast of characters around Wade that rivals what Kobe has in LA, and he'll no longer have to be the guy that takes every meaningful shot. But that time is not now, and the simple fact is that without Wade taking these shots, this team isn't making it to the postseason. Taking the ball from his hands and putting it in the hands of a far less efficient scorer in Beasley does not help this squad.

I'm aware that right now, Wade has to be the man. But there's no reason not to start developing Beas right NOW, so he can take a little of the burden off of Wade for the future, or maybe as soon as this years playoffs.

We are not going anywhere in the playoffs with a one man show no matter how good Wade is. Kobe tried to do that a few years ago and himself, was phenomenal, but not enough to beat a playoff team in a 7 games series. Championship teams have to have a reliable 2, and preferably 3 reliable scorers that can create for themselves. The sooner Beasley can become that, the closer we are to grace land.

There is a reason.....the players and coaches, especially Wade and Spoelstra, want to field the best team possible and make the playoffs. Riley may be thinking about two years from now, but these guys want to win now.

And the Heat can win a series with a one man show. Probably two. Wade has already proven that.

Back
Top Bottom