#1 Need??? Stud #2 CB | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

#1 Need??? Stud #2 CB

cobbs321

Practice Squad
Reaction score
That is the one thing keeping this defense from being top 10. We have no consistent #2 CB. Yes, Jason Allen is a ballhawk and is always getting to the ball but he has no coverage skills. Sapp = Mediocre. Smith = IDK what the hell he is. Brandon Harris is a prospect to look at in the first round. Will get up in your face and lock you down. Opinions?

it's a top 3 need for me...i definitely think we need to upgrade the cb spot opposite vontae davis...but i also think te and rb are paramount

but really i just want to go bpa not front 7 on defense...and dammit all not 3-4 de

I think we just need a strong dude that can handle guys like Hines Ward that play inside a lot. None of our guys stood a chance to that dude.

Right now I like the top three picks to hopefully look something like this...

1. Patrick Peterson, CB, L.S.U.
3. Allen Bradford, RB, USC
4. D.J. Williams, TE, Arkansas

i'll be shocked if patrick peterson gets out of the top 10...dallas has a gaping hole at cb and i just don't see how they let that guy go by...and he's just such a good player somebodys bound to have him in their top 5 available players that has a top 10 pick

Patrick Peterson will be top 10, im absolutely positive, should be top 5. Best CB prospect in a very very long time.. I do however like prince, aaron williams, and brandon harris a lot. If prince is there, he should be the pick no questions asked..

1st round-
RB- Only guy id take is Mark Ingram.. MAYBE williams late 20's
TE- I dont thing any TE carries first round value other than Rudolph nd who knows if he comes out now.
CB- In order, Peterson, Prince, Williams, Harris

I think we just need a strong dude that can handle guys like Hines Ward that play inside a lot. None of our guys stood a chance to that dude.

Hines Ward never matched up with Vontae Davis, they kept him in the slot and had him matched up on a linebacker or Benny Sapp, neither of which could cover him.

I like Brandon Harris and he's physical but we need more speed and I think Harris is probably a 4.5 guy. We need more speed to match up with the speedy receivers we see every year. Wallace blew right by Jason Allen, who's our fastest corner, and Allen got a head start.

For me the #1 need is a TE that can stretch the field, then corner, then RB. Doesn't mean we draft them in that order since skill positions normally go first and you can find RBs in the 3rd round and later (Ahmad Bradshaw 7th round, Arian Foster undrafted, Michael Turner 5th round, Frank Gore 3rd round, Jamaal Charles 3rd round, that 5 of the top 13 RBs in the league this year.)

For me the #1 need is a TE that can stretch the field, then corner, then RB. Doesn't mean we draft them in that order since skill positions normally go first and you can find RBs in the 3rd round and later (Ahmad Bradshaw 7th round, Arian Foster undrafted, Michael Turner 5th round, Frank Gore 3rd round, Jamaal Charles 3rd round, that 5 of the top 13 RBs in the league this year.)

Kendall Hunter out of Oklahoma St. is one of those guys. I live in Oklahoma and everytime I watch this kid, he seizes to amaze me. He will either outrun you or hit you. Plus, he was an all american 2 years ago with Dez on their team.

and Hines Ward is slower than molasses too.

Perterson's good but best CB prospect in a long time? Huh?

Davis on a talent standpoint should've been top 10

Revis was legit

PacMan Jones was legit

He is good, but not a legendary prospet

Back
Top Bottom