1. Rt 2.rg 3.rb 4.mlb 5.te | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

1. Rt 2.rg 3.rb 4.mlb 5.te

jimlerario

Active Roster
Reaction score
i say we go OL in first, RT. If Martin is gone, id trade down, gain a draft pick, and then draft a RT. RB in the second, a starting power back that can pass block and catch with miller as a complement, along with Thomas or gillsee. This is a must. in the third, OG. Brenner, smith, Garner, dallas Thomas, and the rookie battle it out for the two OGs spots, as there aren't any good FA Gs to waste money on. in the forth, get a run stopping LB, unless we trade down and draft a better run stopping MLB with the pick we get for the tradedown. In the 5th, TE, unless we sign a seam FA TE, which would be smarter, although it seems they want to save money. if we get a FA TE, we could go OG,LB, OR CB in the 5th. In the 6th, get another OG or CB. I hope martin is there, and I would 100%trade down if hes not there. we could fill another key hole if we trade down, gaining much needed flexibility. WHAT WERE YOU THINKING?
ALSO GOOD READS!
http://www.cbssports.com/nfl/draft/...aft-jadeveon-clowney-or-a-new-qb-for-the-jags
1st round mock draft
http://www.utsandiego.com/news/2014/mar/19/2014-nfl-mock-draft-chargers-jadeveon-clowney-ford/
4 round mock draft^^^^^^

Last edited by a moderator:
if martin is gone, trade down to draft Cyrus Kouandjio. we need a RT in the first, as much as i'd like a top MLB, RT is a massive hole that can only be fixed in the first. one mock draft has us drafting the top guard, Xavier Su'a-Filo, OG, UCLA, not including Martin, who I see as our RT if we drafted him. I wouldn't even trade down for Sua-Filo, hes a reach at 19, and we still wont have a RT, so we'd have to take a risk on a 2nd tier RT in the 2nd, which would force us to lose out on a 2nd round top tier RB.

We can wait on a RG in the 3rd or 4th. Brandon Thomas, Trai Turner, Dakota Dozier and Anthony Steen would be targets in those rounds. Thomas can play OT in a pinch too.

Cyrus Kouandjjio shouldn't be anywhere on our draft board. Su'a-Filo will probably go late 1st - early 2nd. If he's our pick it will have to be at 19 but then we're looking at Billy Turner, Joel Bitonio, James Hurst and Michael Schofield as possible RTs and I don't think any of them are plug and play...maybe Hurst who has the most experience and has played high level competition but he's coming off of major injury.

We better hope Zach Martin falls to us at 19.

We can wait on a RG in the 3rd or 4th. Brandon Thomas, Trai Turner, Dakota Dozier and Anthony Steen would be targets in those rounds. Thomas can play OT in a pinch too.

Cyrus Kouandjjio shouldn't be anywhere on our draft board. Su'a-Filo will probably go late 1st - early 2nd. If he's our pick it will have to be at 19 but then we're looking at Billy Turner, Joel Bitonio, James Hurst and Michael Schofield as possible RTs and I don't think any of them are plug and play...maybe Hurst who has the most experience and has played high level competition but he's coming off of major injury.

Great list of mid round guards there. Turner is my favorite of the bunch and I think he goes 3rd/4th round. Im a big fan of Billy Turner. I think he IS a plug and play guy at RT..although Id bring in a vet on the cheap such as McKinnie just as insurance. You will have to take Turner with pick 50 though...or move up in the 3rd because I think he would go before our 3rd pick.

Here's what we should do:

1. OG: Zack Martin, Notre Dame, OR David Yankey, Stanford (Not sexy picks, but the O-line is our biggest need).
2. RB: Tre Mason, Auburn, OR Bishop Sankey, Washington
3. TE: C.J. Fiedorowicz, Iowa
4. DT: Daniel McCullers, Tenn
5. FS: Kenny Ladler, Vanderbilt
6. WR: Jeff Janis, Saginaw Valley State

Kouandjio's knee is apparently better than first reported. I'd certainly look at him, although my preference is Zack Martin.

Z mart is an absolute beast. Very versatile. I'd select him over Lewan any day.

Z mart is an absolute beast. Very versatile. I'd select him over Lewan any day.

They're both very good. I was lukewarm on Martin until I took a closer look, I think that he's the real deal.

How much better would you rate Zack Martin over Xavier Su'a-Filo? Big raps on XSF. Could we take the risk of trading down to get an additional pick and take XSF a bit later?
Good idea in theory but we could end up with neither and potentially waste 3rd picks like last year re Dallas Thomas and Will Davis.

Zack Martin may not even be there at 19. The guy that I want at 19 is C.J. Mosley. He starts from day 1, and he plays at a high level for 10 years, barring injury.

Here's what we should do:

1. OG: Zack Martin, Notre Dame, OR David Yankey, Stanford (Not sexy picks, but the O-line is our biggest need).
2. RB: Tre Mason, Auburn, OR Bishop Sankey, Washington
3. TE: C.J. Fiedorowicz, Iowa
4. DT: Daniel McCullers, Tenn
5. FS: Kenny Ladler, Vanderbilt
6. WR: Jeff Janis, Saginaw Valley State

I would love this draft.

Yes to Martin,no toMason,Sims is a better fit,I like Fiedorowicz but same player as Dion Simms,we have our dts set.and im ok wiyh Ladler and Janis

Why does everyone think we will get starters in the 3rd 4th or 5th rounds? History shows, ours particularly, that we don't get a lot of production from our draft picks.

We need big help on the line, so IMO we have to go 2 of our 3 picks on the line. Trade down and grab an extra 2nd or 3rd would be ideal.

If Martin is gone, trade down, grab Filo with our first, our 2nd get Moses or niklas/amaro, with our extra 2nd pick up either another lineman - Yankey if there, Jackson, or Chris Borland as ILB, and third pick we get BPA at cb, WR, te, RB.

All of those players listed would be starters for Miami.

1st round Martin, Mosely, or Ebron or Amaro

2nd Tre Mason or hyde

3rd If we have martin then BPA MLB or TE

4th BPA TE or MLB

5th BPA OL

6th BPA WR

Back
Top Bottom