10 Miami Dolphins under pressure this offseason | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

10 Miami Dolphins under pressure this offseason

I agree with most of them, but Wake should not be on the list yet.

Wake is under zero pressure. He is still the face of the Franchise and I'm sure he knows he is going to be grooming Charles Harris not getting out of his way.

Pouncey on the other hand needs to be looking over their shoulder. His position on the team is shaky because of his price-tag and his health! This just might be his last season as a fin if he isn't healthy.

McCain or lippett gone? Makes zero sense. Lippett especially but both are on rookie deals

Pouncey should be on that list, as well as Devante Parker.

Your 10 word sentence makes more sense than that whole list.

Misi, Maxwell, McCain and Bushrod won't be on the team in 2018 so it's almost a moot point.

Cam Wake will decide when he's done.

Jordan Phillips and Jakeem Grant I understand the pressure, they have talent and it's on them to display it. Both should NFL future's if they work hard enough.

Carroo isn't in a position to prove himself barring an injury. Considering our investment in him I doubt he will be going anywhere anytime soon even if his role is limited.

Ju'Wuan James doesn't need to great, although we are hoping he is. If he's just healthy and average that might be enough to secure a 4 year extension.

I just don't know if Pouncey will be here after this year. As far as Jordan Phillips go, he better be a beast this year.

Your 10 word sentence makes more sense than that whole list.

Misi, Maxwell, McCain and Bushrod won't be on the team in 2018 so it's almost a moot point.
Maxwell scares me. I just hope he doesn't mail it in this yr, knowing that he most likely won't be here in '18. We need him to play like he did for those 8-9 games last yr.

Last edited:
"Now imagine you’re sitting on your coach"

Loved that line. Yeah - I don't think I'll try that. Now that I have that out of my system, I'm surprised he mentioned that either Lippett or McCain could be gone before the season, McCain I can see but I would be shocked if they gave up on Lippett already. I think he gets another year to prove he is capable of playing the position in today's NFL. I'm looking for him to continue to improve.

I thought Lippet was solid. He should only get better.

I don't think we'll get rid of any secondary guys. Anyone seems like they could grab a starting job.

I just see a lot of healthy competition

Tony Lippett: (25 years old in July). 3rd year in the NFL and 2nd in the same system. Still learning the position but has shown growth each year. Should be a quality corner in year 3 after starting 13 games last year. Could take a huge jump but at worst he's a solid #3 outside corner who can start if needed.

Byron Maxwell: (Just turned 29). He knows he is on a one year deal and also knows there is competition. He will be ready to compete. He played much better in the second half of the season and will be playing for an extension whether it's here or somewhere else. Players want to be here now so that's added incentive and likely his last shot to land a good deal.

Xavien Howard: (24 in July). Showed good skills last year but was slowed by knee injuries. Should make a huge jump in 2nd year after only 6 starts in 2016 and missing most of camp. Future #1 corner or solid #2.

Bobby McCain: (24 in July). Still young but has started but was thrown into the fire as a rookie. Lots of snaps and should get better. He will never be great but could be adequate with growth in his 2nd year in the system.

Cordrea Tankersley: (23 years old) Scouts either love him or hate him and he could go either way. He was a highly targeted CB two years ago when he played opposite Mackensie Alexander and still only allowed 35% completion rate to his area. Over the last two years, Tankersley has 9 interceptions and 19 pass deflections in the last 2 years at college. Will compete for a starting spot. He is the fastest corner we have.

Overall a pretty solid and young group where there will be great competition that will make everyone better. I don't know that I've seen better depth here in a long time.

My only question is how much these guys improve with VJ leaving. DB's were his specialty and now we are back to the same DB coach we had when Philbin was here....Lou Anarumo.

Back
Top Bottom