10 Targets in Round 1 (Plus a Wildcard) | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

10 Targets in Round 1 (Plus a Wildcard)

I agree that Butts could be a target. I like McCaffrey, but I think Drake is that guy for Miami.

---------- Post added at 07:33 PM ---------- Previous post was at 07:32 PM ----------

I can't imagine us drafting oline unless there is a Zack Martin in this draft.

And I'm surprised people still think McCaffrey is a 1st rnd player.

I can't see us passing any elite front 7 player for any other position unless A QB Gase wants is there.

I'd say 90 percent chance the first pick goes defense. I think the only exception there might be Cam Robinson.

Oh please, even the website you write for agrees with me.

Enough of that though, let's keep this draft related.

I'm honored you think I'm a national sportswriter. :chuckle:

Though concerning the site I write for, I can assure you that the vast majority of Finheaven firmly believes Tannehill is their franchise QB for many years to come.

*And now back to your regularly scheduled plagiarized draft hot takes.

My preferred tight end is Jeremy Sprinkle. Plays in an offense that really knows how to use tight ends and he's taken the time to learn all the roles he could play. A year ago Hunter Henry was there as an attached tight end so Sprinkle played a fullback/H-back position at 6'6" and 256 lbs. And he was good at it. This year he's among the best blockers I've seen at the college level, and he's still a good pass catcher because he has good body control and athleticism, can run. Nice hands, too. That's your Martellus Bennett type.

I do like Jordan Leggett as well. And of course O.J. Howard though not enough to be looking at him in the 1st round. I think Phazahn Odom is a really underrated tight end prospect I'd love to get hold of.

When do you project Sprinkle to go?

I'm honored you think I'm a national sportswriter. :chuckle:

Though concerning the site I write for, I can assure you that the vast majority of Finheaven firmly believes Tannehill is their franchise QB for many years to come.

*And now back to your regularly scheduled plagiarized draft hot takes.

Are you writing now? Where?

When do you project Sprinkle to go?

I hate to cop out but with a tight end a lot depends on how well he runs. Generally speaking, not always but generally, that position is where you have the most luck with great pure athletes that are taught rather than come in knowing everything. Now it just so happens Sprinkle is one of those guys that seems to have all his bases covered and could help a team immediately. But his numbers are going to matter. Based on what I've seen, I think he's athletic, has enough speed to beat some guys (but not others), and I like his overall catching skills. But if he goes out there and surprises me on the down side by running 4.9's, he's gonna sink. If he runs about what I think he's going to run then I'd call him a solid 2nd-3rd rounder, a Day 2 guy.

Round 2 would be ideal! However, I don't think he will be available in the second round when we pick.

Oh please, even the website you write for agrees with me.

Enough of that though, let's keep this draft related.

Can we please settle this ridiculous accusation now.

[tweet]802595071220654089[/tweet]

:lol: I am now blocked by the stook.

And the response I get in a PM:

:bobdole:

Haha dude you admitted it already. I don't even know why your trying to lie about it now. It's not even a little bit of a secret that your him. I was going to let it go, dunno why you keep bringing it back up.

Haha dude you admitted it already. I don't even know why your trying to lie about it now. It's not even a little bit of a secret that your him. I was going to let it go, dunno why you keep bringing it back up.

Well played, Cian. Bravo. :clapping:

But, the game is over; you've been outed. You're setting me up to cover your own anonymity on here.

When creating analogies in my posting I often refer back to my culinary experience as a professional chef. It's an easy association for me; something I am comfortable with.

You've mentioned you like to box on multiple occasions . . .

The introduction of Cian Fahey’s article “Boston Celtics In Istanbul With Very Different Team for the 2012-13 NBA Season” grabs the readers attention by calling last seasons Boston Celtics team a “weary boxer.” He continues this metaphor as he describes how the team “stumbled through the early rounds of his first fight, a fight that tested his attrition and technique over the ability to land knockout blows” which was an accurate description of the season. Although Cian Fahey uses many effective examples to describe the Boston Celtics and their struggles by comparing them to a boxer, the majority of the readers of his article are more interested in basketball than in boxing. He continues to add in more. One quote that sums up Boston’s injury-filled season states “The boxer was beaten and bruised, but not defeated. He carried all the bruises and cuts of his previous fight into the next stage.” About a quarter of the way through the lengthy article, these analogies end. Since the comparison continued throughout multiple paragraphs, the reader expects the comparison to continue throughout the whole piece as well but instead, the analogy just stops with no forewarning or logical reasoning as to why. The metaphor continued for too long. The readers became uninterested as it started to become boring. They would have been more effective in just the introductory paragraph. However he was able to effectively connect the introduction and the conclusion paragraphs by mentioning the team as a “weary boxer” once more in the conclusion.

https://triciagordon.wordpress.com/tag/cian/

Rivers is far from a mobile quarterback, although he did use his legs well to extend plays outside of the pocket in this game. He doesn't need to be mobile, though, to cover for his offensive line. On this play, he was like a boxer trapped in the corner of the ring who was able to bob and weave his way out of trouble.

http://www.footballoutsiders.com/film-room/2014/film-room-philip-rivers

There's more here also: https://www.theguardian.com/profile/cian-fahey

Gig's up Fahey.

busted.jpg

Back
Top Bottom