11-5 and miss playoffs maybe? | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

11-5 and miss playoffs maybe?

morrism35

Rookie
Reaction score
Looking at the powerhouses of the afc a 11-5 record may not be enough. Cant see the jets, steelers, pats or ravens doing worst than 11-5. Whats crazy is a 9-7 or 8-8 afc west champ or afc south champ may make it instead of us or any of the above mentioned teams. How many of you would call this season a failure if we went 11-5 and missed the playoffs.

I think Jets win the divison at 10-6 or 11-5. Then its all about a Wild Card. The thing I love is we play all the teams that will be in the hunt for a Wild Card so can control our own destiny sort of thing. Take care of most of them and 11-5, maybe 10-6 will be enough. :)

i think 11-5 is quite optimistic given what i've seen from this team the last 3 games...quite optimistic...we barely escaped a team ravaged with injuries yesterday...i mean barely

this teams missing something...

and those 2 AT HOME in division losses to the guys we're chasing are huge...really are

we win this week at home and maybe i'll get back on the bandwagon...although i'm not too sure how we're gonna win this week...pittsburgh is not ****ing around

and we don't play with the same focus of late at home as on the road...

we win this week at home and maybe i'll get back on the bandwagon...although i'm not too sure how we're gonna win this week...pittsburgh is not ****ing around

and we don't play with the same focus of late at home as on the road...

Are you stating that you are "Bandwagon" Fan?

It is too early to be thinking about wild cards. We are 3-2, the other teams mentioned have at least 1 loss and we play all of them still. I'm not worried about going 11-5 and missing the playoffs, I'm thinking of running the table and having home field advantage, I guess that's cause I never got off the bandwagon

i think 11-5 is quite optimistic given what i've seen from this team the last 3 games...quite optimistic...we barely escaped a team ravaged with injuries yesterday...i mean barely

this teams missing something...

and those 2 AT HOME in division losses to the guys we're chasing are huge...really are

Im still keeping hope that we will win @ Jets and @ Rats... I mean if we go 2-4 in the division, we better win every other one of our games and go 12-4 or we wont be playing in any postseason games

It is too early to be thinking about wild cards. We are 3-2, the other teams mentioned have at least 1 loss and we play all of them still. I'm not worried about going 11-5 and missing the playoffs, I'm thinking of running the table and having home field advantage, I guess that's cause I never got off the bandwagon
My sentiments exactly.

Are you stating that you are "Bandwagon" Fan?

nah...i'm just a realist

i'm not on the this team will make the playoffs kick this year from what i'm seeing...and i'm hard pressed to see why barring some things getting a whole lot better anyone else is right now...

to each his own though

Im still keeping hope that we will win @ Jets and @ Rats... I mean if we go 2-4 in the division, we better win every other one of our games and go 12-4 or we wont be playing in any postseason games

i think that thinking we will win both road games at the pats and at the jets is too much for me to take...they both came in our building and kicked our ***...

and we aren't playing very good football right now...some things are gonna have to change before i even consider winning both those games on the road...and an influx of talent would be nice before the deadline

11-5 is very possible for this team. i dont get the negativity. the way everyone says how bad we r on here, u would think we r a bottom tier team. well if that is ur mindset, then u guys should be thrilled with the win vs gb in gb. do u think if a team like the bills, browns, lions, etc went into gb and won by 3 and won in ot they would be moaning about it and talking about how they should have won by more and this and this, etc, or they would be ecstatic?

im not saying we r those teams, but lots of people on here talk like we are, so those people who talk like that should be ecstatic about the win instead of talking down the team everytime they do something good.

we are a good football team, we have went into 2 of the toughest places to play in the nfl and won both times so far. say wat u want about injuries or wtrvr, but no other teams have won their yet .

if we beat pitt this week, i see us going 11-5 , 12-4 and i don't care if ppl say i am not a realist. wat i am is optimistic and i think this team aside from one half vs the pats, has played real solid football.

11-5 is very possible for this team. i dont get the negativity. the way everyone says how bad we r on here, u would think we r a bottom tier team. well if that is ur mindset, then u guys should be thrilled with the win vs gb in gb. do u think if a team like the bills, browns, lions, etc went into gb and won by 3 and won in ot they would be moaning about it and talking about how they should have won by more and this and this, etc, or they would be ecstatic?

im not saying we r those teams, but lots of people on here talk like we are, so those people who talk like that should be ecstatic about the win instead of talking down the team everytime they do something good.

we are a good football team, we have went into 2 of the toughest places to play in the nfl and won both times so far. say wat u want about injuries or wtrvr, but no other teams have won their yet .

if we beat pitt this week, i see us going 11-5 , 12-4 and i don't care if ppl say i am not a realist. wat i am is optimistic and i think this team aside from one half vs the pats, has played real solid football.

Lions lost by only 2 points to a fully healthy GB team. Not sure why people on this board still consider the Lions a bottom teir team. They have alot of talent and are turning the corner faster than people give them credit for. Are they 1-5 , yes, but the toughest 1-5 team out there and are just a couple plays from being 4-2. We will have our hands full with them

we will have our hands full with a lot of teams on our schedule still...believe that

i'm not saying this team can't make the playoffs...i'm just saying some things are gonna have to make some big improvements over the next 11 games for it to happen

nah...i'm just a realist

i'm not on the this team will make the playoffs kick this year from what i'm seeing...and i'm hard pressed to see why barring some things getting a whole lot better anyone else is right now...

to each his own though

It's ok to be a realist, but this is also the NFL and it seems like this year is even more unpredictable than usual. If someone would have told me 6 weeks ago that the Fins would be 3-2, I would not think that we would have beaten both Minnesota and green Bay on the road (I would have said Buffalo however) Before the season started everyone had Dallas playing a Super Bowl at home, now Wade Phillips might not make it through October. After week 1, everyone was talking about the Jets imploading, everything changes week to week. The Fins took a big step forward this week after 2 big losses, that is what a good team does, especially after a bye week. I like our chances to be a playoff team, once we get in, who knows???

It's ok to be a realist, but this is also the NFL and it seems like this year is even more unpredictable than usual. If someone would have told me 6 weeks ago that the Fins would be 3-2, I would not think that we would have beaten both Minnesota and green Bay on the road (I would have said Buffalo however) Before the season started everyone had Dallas playing a Super Bowl at home, now Wade Phillips might not make it through October. After week 1, everyone was talking about the Jets imploading, everything changes week to week. The Fins took a big step forward this week after 2 big losses, that is what a good team does, especially after a bye week. I like our chances to be a playoff team, once we get in, who knows???

so i guess you like the chances for 3 playoff teams from the afc east also...division winner and both wildcards...

we'll see...but we've put ourselves with those 2 divisional home losses in an uphill climb...

Back
Top Bottom