11 underrated offensive prospects in the 2017 NFL draft | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

11 underrated offensive prospects in the 2017 NFL draft

DKphin

Club Member
Reaction score
[h=1]QB | Alek Torgersen | Penn[/h] This quarterback class has some familiar names at the top and some serviceable guys in the middle rounds, but if you’re looking for a Day 3 gem at the game’s most important position, go with Penn’s all-time leader in total offense. He’s got the size, the arm, the athleticism and the smarts to be an NFL passer.

[h=1]RB | Brian Hill | Wyoming[/h] The biggest knock on Hill’s draft stock is this year’s loaded running back class. He’s got a solid frame (listed at 6-1, 219 pounds), all the traits you want in a three-down back, and his production was insane (nearly 3,500 rushing yards over the past two seasons, 22 TD in 2016).

[h=1]RB | Marlon Mack | USF[/h] Some were surprised to see Mack leave early, but it doesn’t take long to see his explosiveness, patience and vision jump off the tape. He’s a dangerous weapon as a receiver out of the backfield, and could make an instant impact as a situational player.

[h=1]WR | Kenny Golladay | Northern Illinois[/h] I loved Golladay coming into the 2016 season, and I still do. This 6-4, 213-pounder is a well-rounded pass catcher who put up consistent production in his two seasons with the Huskies (160 receptions, 2,285 yards, 18 TD). He’s a smooth operator who is especially effective in the red zone.

[h=1]WR | ArDarius Stewart | Alabama[/h] It’s rare to see a member of the Crimson Tide on an all-underrated team, but Bama’s run-heavy attack rarely gave Stewart a chance to showcase his full potential as a pro prospect. He did get to flash his physicality and effectiveness as a blocker, and when given the opportunity, his combination of athleticism, explosiveness after the catch, and body control on contested catches were a sight to behold.

[h=1]TE | Adam Shaheen | Ashland[/h] Don’t be surprised if Shaheen is no longer underrated by the time the draft actually rolls around. Listed at a ridiculous 6-6 and 277 pounds, Shaheen dominated lower-level competition with NFL-level physical traits. He should put on a show at the Combine, which will send scouts digging through his tape and coming away impressed.

[h=1]OT | Taylor Moton | Western Michigan[/h] This year’s offensive tackle class is begging for someone to take control, and I think Moton will end up being the best value pick of any offensive lineman in this class. He won’t be the first name off the board, but his combination of size, power, athleticism and versatility should make him a Day 2 lock and an immediate starter.

[h=1]OT | Julie’n Davenport | Bucknell[/h] If you’re more interested in raw talent and rare physical traits (think Le’Raven Clark), Davenport is your man. He needs plenty of development, but his size, athleticism and length are the stuff NFL teams drool over. In the right situation, he can be a Pro Bowler in a few years.

[h=1]G | Nico Siragusa | San Diego State[/h] Again, it’s not a terribly solid draft if you’re looking for instant-impact blockers. That said, Siragusa is a 6-5, 330-pound brick wall who can dominate in the run game. He could be a nice find for a team looking to add depth on Day 3.

[h=1]G | Chase Roullier | Wyoming[/h] While Siragusa could end up warranting an early Day 3 selection, Roullier is my pick for the best late-round flyer among offensive lineman in this class. At 6-4, 315 pounds, Roullier has an NFL frame and tons of starting experience under his belt.

[h=1]C | Kyle Fuller | Baylor[/h] Fuller was one of the more pleasant surprises among this year’s blockers at the Senior Bowl, and I don’t think he’s getting enough attention as a value pick in this draft.A 6-5, 315-pounder with long arms and athleticism, Fuller is a smart player who could be a gem if you’re looking for a potential starter in the middle of the offensive line.
http://draftwire.usatoday.com/2017/02/22/11-underrated-offensive-prospects-in-the-2017-nfl-draft/

Taylor Moton would be a good pick for Miami imo as a G/T player. 2nd rd maybe 3rd rd for sure.

Three underrated offensive players that I like ar Tennessee wr Josh Malone, NC State running back Matt Dayes and FSU guard Kareem Are.

I also like Ok State tackle Victor Salako as a prospect that could become a solid NFL guard.

Last edited by a moderator:
Too many smaller college names on that USA Today list. That's the flawed tendency. I prefer gregorygrant's approach with major college value players.

Back
Top Bottom