15 Current QBs with Percentage of +20 yds Completions | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

15 Current QBs with Percentage of +20 yds Completions

Disnardo

Premium Member
Reaction score
I know what some will say... stats can be manipulated to show what the poster wants...

But I was looking for information concerning completions of passes that reflect the talent of the QB, the OL, receivers and the offensive game plan of the teams they play for.

I had the time to look it up and decided to post for your reference. So, some of you already know this info is easy to find...

I have listed some of the top QBs that are currently starting...Percentage of plus 20 yds completions.

Name = +20comp/total comp (% of + 20 yds comp), QBR, team record...

1- MAcNair = 36/190 (19%), 106.3, 9-2
2- Bulger = 40/237 (18.5%), 79.9, 8-3
3- Fiedler = 21/116 (18%), 81.5, 8-4
4- Griese = 38/216 (17.5%), 102.9 (2000 w/Denver)
5- Green = 38//222 (17%), 94.1, 10-1
6- Brady = 35/217 (16%), 81.3, 9-2
7- Culpepper = 28/179 (15.5%), 95.7, 7-4
8- Hasselbeck, M = 31/208 (15%), 91.6, 7-4
9- Pennington = 13/95 (13.5%), 98.8, 4-7 (2-3 with him in game)*
10- McNabb = 25/184 (13.5%), 73.6, 9-2
11- Manning = 35/265 (13%), 98.8, 9-2
12- Gannon = 15/125 (12%), 73.5, 3-8
13- Favre = 27/229 (11.7%), 83.3, 6-6
14- Garcia = 15/129 (11.6%), 72, 5-6
15- Collins = 28/262 (10.5%), 71.5, 4-7

* The Jets have been giving up an average of 25.4 pts/g since Pennington returned, compare to 15.6 pts/g with Vinny.

IMO it seems that most teams that are .500 or above have QBs with at least 13% +20 yds completions, with the exceptions of Favre...

I found it interesting...

GOOOO FIIINZ

:cooldude:

? How bout actually applauding him for what he did. Who knows he might have had been a bit tired, bored waiting for something and wanted to do that.

Excellent effort Disnardo. I've also noticed that Jay's yards per attempt (Yds/Att) is rising back close to his 2001 level. In 2001 he and Chambers pushed his Yds/Att to 7.3 which was the 6th best in that category.

His current Yds/Att is currently ranking him at 8th, so the long ball has returned very close to 2001 form to Miami. I knew he and this passing attack had it in them.

Oliver...

Thanks for the input everyone...

Jaj thanks for the help, I believe Chambers84 did not mean anything bad about his remark, but I am glad you got my back :) ...

Ohall, yes JF's YPA is rising and I am really glad I noticed that, like you stated, he is completing passes that accumulate yards. Whether they are YAC or true over 20+yards passes I don't know...

When I created this data, I was looking to compare JF's mid-range (+20 yds) accuracy. I was not expecting that it he was just as accurate as some of the top QB in the league, and I don't believe many have noticed that either. Everyone says our long ball is an issue, and it, is with him connecting on 1 of 40+ yds this year...

Only 9 QB's from the above have connected on 5 or more passes for 40+ yds. The one QB who has the most is McNair (he has 9).

I mean the QB rating is not something to worship like McNair, Manning, Green or Pennington...

His attempts are not of a passer type QB...

His completion % on his attempts are a few points lower than the best QBs in the league....

But looking at that data, it tells me that he is as accurate or more accurate than some of the top QBs in the mid-range ball.

Again thanks you all for your feedback and input..

GOOO FIIINZ

:cooldude:

Last edited by a moderator:
That is a critical QB thing. If Jay and Chambers keep their rapport up I am sorry AFC, but we are big time contenders cuz we will have a passing game.

Originally posted by Jaj
That is a critical QB thing. If Jay and Chambers keep their rapport up I am sorry AFC, but we are big time contenders cuz we will have a passing game.

I will be convinced that will happen if we can do it against NE's defense.

Originally posted by ohall
Excellent effort Disnardo. I've also noticed that Jay's yards per attempt (Yds/Att) is rising back close to his 2001 level. In 2001 he and Chambers pushed his Yds/Att to 7.3 which was the 6th best in that category.

His current Yds/Att is currently ranking him at 8th, so the long ball has returned very close to 2001 form to Miami. I knew he and this passing attack had it in them.

Oliver...

I forgot to put in my original post that Fiedler's current Yds/Att AVG is 7.2.

Oliver...

I did not even notice Ohall was Oliver..

Originally posted by ChambersOwnz84
I did not even notice Ohall was Oliver..

And what does that have to do with anything, peanut, I mean CO-84?

Oliver...

Originally posted by ohall

And what does that have to do with anything, peanut, I mean CO-84?

Oliver...

Why are you trying to get personal? I was just saying, I didn't know it was you. RELAX

Originally posted by ChambersOwnz84

Why are you trying to get personal? I was just saying, I didn't know it was you. RELAX

Cool. FYI, I am sooooooooo relaxed! :D

Oliver...

ohall # Derrick Zoolander

ohall = Oliver

(get it, the whole "relax" thing. Ok, I'll never post again).

Back
Top Bottom