160 million reasons to be a Miami Fan | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

160 million reasons to be a Miami Fan

CpuFan

Active Roster
Reaction score
"This is how far apart holdout cornerback Darrelle Revis and the Jets are on 10-year proposals they each have on the table: A staggering $40 million.

And that doesn't even take into account the ongoing battle over signing bonus and guaranteed money.

If they can cut their differences down by $1 million per day between now and the Jets' opener on Sept. 13 against the Ravens, the gap will be still be $7 million.

The Daily News has learned the Jets have had a 10-year, $120 million offer on the table for months as one of their two proposals."

"Revis has been looking to surpass Oakland's Nnamdi Asomugha as the highest-paid cornerback. Over the next two seasons, Asomugha will average $16.5 million. So do the math on a 10-year deal. That brings the number Revis wants in the $160million range. Guaranteed money? Probably about $30 million."

Read more: http://www.nydailynews.com/sports/f...gap_guarantees_big_trouble.html#ixzz0wIymHC4n

Now aren't you glad we have Mr. Parcells and Mr. Sparano and Mr. Ireland running the Zoo in Miami? $160 million dollars could wreck the whole enchilada.

It's great to be a Dolphin Fan!

I'm happy this is happening to the Jets and not us because Oakland screwed this whole thing up.

Al Davis screws the NFL again, this time in a good way! (Unless your a Jets fan, in which case your pathetic anyways!)

We can laugh now, but in two years this could be along the lines of what Vontae Davis will want.

:lol2::lol2:

It's always bad for the game when players hold out but this will get resolved at some point. It's fun for rivals now to poke fun but this stuff happens to every team at some point. I like to see teams at full strength, I hope all teams can remain healthy and stay clear of these types of problems but it is part of the game and the teams that navigate those rough waters the best are usually the teams that have a chance to win it all.

This sucks. Revis is being beyond unreasonable.
Not necessarily true. This is a business move and Rex gloated about him to the point he had to demand the best money for any CB. If your HC says you are the best CB he has ever seen or coached then you would want the best money any CB has ever seen.

I'm with Junc on this one. I never want to beat a team without all of its best players. There can be no excuses then.

I don't have a problem with a player holding out. Amillion bucks this year may seem alot to most of us but when you can make at least 120 million everyone would hold out. I know I just outperfromed my own agreement at my job and decided to ask for a raise that was more on par with the top perfromers in my industry. Guess what I got it. If I didn't I would most likely have been looking for work somewhere that compensated me.

The jets are getting exactly what they deserve....a loud mouth coach declared his player is the best in the league and now the player wants to be paid like it. Rex Ryan can surely call a defense but when it comes to being a forward thinking leader he is the loud mouth idiot we see on tv. I can't wait to watch him cry!

Im probably going out on a limb here, and trust me theres nothing more that I hate more then then the stupid Jets but.....Revis needs to get paid. The guy is the best CB in the NFL hands down and he is making about 1million a year?? I dont want him to be back on that stupid team any time soon, but I think the Jets need to pay the man because he is a key part of their defense. This is what pisses me off about the NFL, rookies can get these monster ridiculous contracts and the "vets" have to fight for their contracts after they have already proven they are worth every penny?? I cant wait til the NFL sets a rookie salary.....GO PHINS and id be very happy if revis s out week 3 hahahaa (although i wana see Marshall destryo him and score 4 TDs on him hahaha).

:lol2::lol2:

It's always bad for the game when players hold out but this will get resolved at some point. It's fun for rivals now to poke fun but this stuff happens to every team at some point. I like to see teams at full strength, I hope all teams can remain healthy and stay clear of these types of problems but it is part of the game and the teams that navigate those rough waters the best are usually the teams that have a chance to win it all.
What is with the laughing faces? I said this COULD be what Vontae wants down the road. There is nothing wrong with expecting your first round pick cornerback to become a top notch player down the road.

Not necessarily true. This is a business move and Rex gloated about him to the point he had to demand the best money for any CB. If your HC says you are the best CB he has ever seen or coached then you would want the best money any CB has ever seen.

120 million would be the best money a cb has ever seen.

Yes, b/c Rex said he was the best is why he is holding out and why he wants Manning money:rolleyes2:

So if rex lied and said revis was good would he be ok w/ what he already was being paid? You sell revis short, he knows he's the best as does the rest of the football world regardless what rex says.

Back
Top Bottom