160 million reasons to be a Miami Fan | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

160 million reasons to be a Miami Fan

Yes, b/c Rex said he was the best is why he is holding out and why he wants Manning money:rolleyes2:

So if rex lied and said revis was good would he be ok w/ what he already was being paid? You sell revis short, he knows he's the best as does the rest of the football world regardless what rex says.

Not to mention that Rex talked up Revis when he was drafted which is why Revis held out then too.

People who say that Rex caused this crack me up to no end.

---------- Post added at 10:01 AM ---------- Previous post was at 10:00 AM ----------

total value, yes. but if i'm not mistaken, Revis wants to be paid more than Asomugha. that's 15mil and change per year.

FOR 3 YEARS.

Revis wants 16 per over TEN.

Ridiculous.

Yes, b/c Rex said he was the best is why he is holding out and why he wants Manning money:rolleyes2:

So if rex lied and said revis was good would he be ok w/ what he already was being paid? You sell revis short, he knows he's the best as does the rest of the football world regardless what rex says.

Junc, you also have to remember that after the AFCC Game last year Woody and Tanny went to Revis and his agent and told him they wanted to rip up his old contract and sign him to a new deal. What did they think he would want if the head coach is calling him not only the #1 CB in the game but the #1 defensive player as well? He would want to be paid like the #1 player based on previous contracts handed out to players. Sure, everyone in NY is blaming Al Davis but why no hate to the Skin or Bears for signing Haynesworht or Peppers, or more importantly the Broncos. I read in a article on PFT that if the CBA wouldn't have been voided this year Nmandi wouldln't have been the highest paid CB it would have been Champ Bailey.

Here is the quote: http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.co...mughas-deal-wasnt-as-bad-as-the-jets-suggest/

This argument also overlooks another key fact. If the salary cap had survived in 2010, Asomugha wouldn't have even been the highest paid cornerback in the league. Per a league source, Broncos cornerback Champ Bailey would have had a cap number of $15.395 million.

So now tell me where is the uproar for Revis' contract based on this information. There isn't any because most fans from NY have never heard it.

I like you think this situation will play itself out before the regular season starts, but to put all of the blame on Revis' shoulders when the front office started this whole fiasco with the contract extension talk is really short sighted.

My understanding is that Revis wants the type of security that Jeter got from the Yankees. He also wants to be paid more then Nnamndi. My question would be that if Revis got what he wanted and signed a 10 year deal, what is to stop him from doing this again when another CB or even defensive player gets a bigger per year salary?

I think this may play out a few weeks in to the season before it's resolved. Revis has really painted himself in to a corner now that he has lost the season as a credit towards free agency status. The Jets hold all the cards here. I do hope it is resolved prior to the season so there can be no excuse making.

160 million on a cornerback? Hahahah. I don't care how good you are son, walk it out. If I were the Jets I wouldn't pay him, I don't blame them. Greedy mutha.

This is too funny!!!

Rex and his big mouth started this mess.

Now the media is all up in it and it's snowballing out of control!

This is why Bill has a clamp down on who say's what and when.

I don't get why people see Revis as greedy? He is asking for pay commensurate with his skills. He is the little guy here. The billionaire owner of the Jets will always be rich. Revis might not. He wasn't born rich. He could blow out his knee tomorrow at training camp and his career and ability to earn income could be destroyed forever. The Jets owner could blow out his knee and not miss a beat. He would still own the Jets and be able to sit on his crippled butt and make millions.

The reason Revis seems greedy is because of the scale. It seems crazy that he is asking for that much money, but that is what #1 cornerbacks in the league make!

That said, if he gets traded or signs elsewhere or holds out all season, the Jets D will be totally different because they wont have a lockdown corner. B. Marshall will destroy that secondary.

I am one of the people that hopes he doesn't play or goes to another team. 1) the Jets are weaker 2) I love to hear the excuses when they lose to us. In a real sarcastic voice: "Awe, really, that's too bad you lost because your best player left to get paid. I feel so sorry for you, NOT!"

I don't get why people see Revis as greedy? He is asking for pay commensurate with his skills. He is the little guy here. The billionaire owner of the Jets will always be rich. Revis might not. He wasn't born rich. He could blow out his knee tomorrow at training camp and his career and ability to earn income could be destroyed forever. The Jets owner could blow out his knee and not miss a beat. He would still own the Jets and be able to sit on his crippled butt and make millions.

The reason Revis seems greedy is because of the scale. It seems crazy that he is asking for that much money, but that is what #1 cornerbacks in the league make!

That said, if he gets traded or signs elsewhere or holds out all season, the Jets D will be totally different because they wont have a lockdown corner. B. Marshall will destroy that secondary.

I am one of the people that hopes he doesn't play or goes to another team. 1) the Jets are weaker 2) I love to hear the excuses when they lose to us. In a real sarcastic voice: "Awe, really, that's too bad you lost because your best player left to get paid. I feel so sorry for you, NOT!"

I never complain about what guys make, players aren't overpaid but he held out for this current deal which has 3 years left on it so you can see why people are getting annoyed w/ him. On the other hand the Jets approached him about ripping his deal up and if a player gets hurt they cut him so I understand he wants maximum securiity. I think the Jets and revis share the blame here, hopefully they'll be able to get something done before it can really affect our season.

Your a greedy boy just take the money, no more hold out or they are going to trade your a##,
you think your the best, so stay in the afc/east and play the best............Miami.

:lol2::lol2:

It's always bad for the game when players hold out but this will get resolved at some point. It's fun for rivals now to poke fun but this stuff happens to every team at some point. I like to see teams at full strength, I hope all teams can remain healthy and stay clear of these types of problems but it is part of the game and the teams that navigate those rough waters the best are usually the teams that have a chance to win it all.

What's up with the laughing faces? Vonate is going to be a very good player in this league.

The Jets FO has been pretty crafty about all this so far: all the interviews with Woody Johnson and Tannenbaum, even Ryan's press conference today, they keep putting the ball in Revis' court. It makes him look like a total a-hole unwilling to negotiate. Theyre killing him in the court of public opinion.

We can laugh now, but in two years this could be along the lines of what Vontae Davis will want.

Yep, he is setting the bar for CB money higher than it has ever been (once all is said and done). IF Vontae develops into the type of corner we all hope, in 2-3 years time we'll be dealing with the same headache. Of course the same can be said of a lot of positions, WR, RB, QB, etc etc. Every fan wants superstars at every position, but the facts are that there just isn't enough money to go around to pay an entire team of probowlers.

This is all of our faults for paying $100 for jerseys, $150 for crappy tickets and 9 bucks for crappy beer. Everyone is overpaid.

Now back to reality. There's one thing to expect 16 million this year, but to expect 16 ten years from now is so beyond unrealistic it blows my mind. Even great QB's have contracts that give them less as the contract goes on.

Honestly, the jets defense is probably good enough without him. Not taking anything away from Revis, he's good. And I don't compliment the Jets if I don't have to. But I hope the Jets don't end up completely giving in to him. I know they (think) they are smelling that ring and don't want to have that ole' 20/20 hindsight and think it would have been nice to have Revis when they look back and see us wearing it.

Back
Top Bottom