18 Game Season | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

18 Game Season

glufinfan

Basement Dweller
Reaction score
I predict we will see an 18 game schedule implemented within 3 years. I believe with 18 games, the number of games on foreign soil soil will increase substantially.

It seems inevitable that ownership will push for it. Three years might be too aggressive a timeline since the current CBA expires in 2030.

How do the '72 Dolphins feel about adding games to the season? On one hand, it makes it harder if not impossible for another team to go undefeated. But on the other, it kills alot of the suspense and takes alot of the fun out of their vigil. The vigil is probably keeping them alive. Its kind of like Brooks in The Shawshank Redemption. He killed himself because after 40 or 50 years in prison, he didn't know how to live on the outside. Maybe after 50 years of the vigil, they don't know how to live without it. The youngest of them is what? 72?

Brooks Was Here
So Was Red
And The '72 Dolphins ?

Or maybe they'll just go to Zihuatanejo and hang out with Red and Andy.😜

How do the '72 Dolphins feel about adding games to the season? On one hand, it makes it harder if not impossible for another team to go undefeated. But on the other, it kills alot of the suspense and takes alot of the fun out of their vigil. The vigil is probably keeping them alive. Its kind of like Brooks in The Shawshank Redemption. He killed himself because after 40 or 50 years in prison, he didn't know how to live on the outside. Maybe after 50 years of the vigil, they don't know how to live without it. The youngest of them is what? 72?

Brooks Was Here
So Was Red
And The '72 Dolphins ?

Or maybe they'll just go to Zihuatanejo and hang out with Red and Andy.😜
What in the hell are you talking about?

I can't wait for 18 games. The more Dolphins games the better for me.
If they do this, does that mean the first game of the regular season will be used by everybody who doesn't need to audition to shake off the rust instead of a preseason game? Aren't the auditions more important than shaking off rust? Is 2 games sufficient time to do both? Maybe a half or a quarter, or perhaps just a series for rust shaking off? And there's also training camp to shake off the rust. Can the coaches judge a freshly drafted player by their college game film just as easily as their play during the preseason? The players mostly play against other freshly drafted players during the preseason anyway.

If they do this, does that mean the first game of the regular season will be used by everybody who doesn't need to audition to shake off the rust instead of a preseason game? Aren't the auditions more important than shaking off rust? Is 2 games sufficient time to do both? Maybe a half or a quarter, or perhaps just a series for rust shaking off? And there's also training camp to shake off the rust. Can the coaches judge a freshly drafted player by their college game film just as easily as their play during the preseason? The players mostly play against other freshly drafted players during the preseason anyway.
And I guess they play against bench-warming vetrans too.

Back
Top Bottom