1st attempt at Mock Draft from across the water. | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

1st attempt at Mock Draft from across the water.

Pat-London

Active Roster
Reaction score
First off. As I'm Irish (real, not plastic) Happy St. Patrick's day everyone.

First time doing a mock, wanted to wait until more info was out there rather than doing one way back.

Ive made an assumption on us getting a compensatory pick in the 5th.

Ive also given a 2nd option should first choice not be available (except for round 7)

Option 1 Option 2
1 Derrick Morgan (OLB) Brandon Graham (OLB)
2 Brandon Spikes (ILB) Jason Worlids (OLB)
3 Dennis Pita (TE) Anthony McCoy (TE)
4 Jeff Owens (NT) Blair White (WR)
5 LeGarret Blount (RB) O’Brien Schofeild (OLB) (possible compensatory pick)
6a O’Brien Schofield (OLB) Keiland Williams (RB)
6b John Skelton (QB) Jevan Sneed (QB)
6c Joe Webb (WR) Chris Marinelli (OT)
7a Clifton Geathers (DE)
7b Mike McLaughlin (ILB)

No FS as I expect a FA pick up pre or post draft, so left that need off.

Feel free to lambaste or praise.

For your first attempt I would say you did a good job. It looks like you have everyone properly slotted which around here is big. Assuming FS will be filled in FA though could be a problem as there is nobody left without having to give up compensation (other than guys we have shown no interest in).

IDK neither does anything for me. Nice effort though. I see Worlits and Graham as similar so i dont get picking them both up. Plus, Morgan cant play backer so i really am opposed to taking him at 12. Pitta >>>>>McCoy

I don't want Blair White I don't see him as a #1 WR

Just so I'm clear, you do not want another Hartline type? It is very hard to find a true #1 WR, so I fear you might be disappointed in any WR we take if his name isn't Dez Bryant.

IDK neither does anything for me. Nice effort though. I see Worlits and Graham as similar so i dont get picking them both up. Plus, Morgan cant play backer so i really am opposed to taking him at 12. Pitta >>>>>McCoy

My thinking around Worlids and Graham is two fold.
1. The organisation has shown a propensity to double and even triple up on positions, OL, DB, WR, DL - so Im in essence, following suit.
2. We absolutely need linebackers.

I personally see Graham as a SOLB and Worlids as a WOLB (but could also be a SOLB).

I don't want Blair White I don't see him as a #1 WR

In a way I agree, however. I do see him as a great no 2. I really do believe that if Hartline is spending this offseason working out and getting bigger, stronger, faster and really committs to the film room with Henne and develops that relationship that we saw glimpses of last year. I do think he could be a number 1.

Blair White fits in very well with the philosophy of this WR corp. Work hard, play and contribute as a group, no one is above the group.

The more I think of it the more I see Blair White being exactly what we need. Along with a TE that can stretch the field down the middle of course.

Back
Top Bottom