• Zach Martin
  • Calvin Pryor
  • Taylor Lewan
  • XSFilo

I will kick the television if it is one of these:

• Cyrus K.
  • Mosley

Last edited by a moderator:
If any of the 3 o-line are our pick, I am pleased. Safety is a lesser need and I can wait for Deone Bucannon. If we take Mosley in rd 2 of CK in rd 3, I could live with it as they would be considered value picks if taken in those rounds.

I'm not a draft expert by any means, so I will defer to those who spend more time than I do on player evaluations. However, is Zach Martin really a top 20 player? I hear that he's a strong, nimble and smart player who can play T, but is best suited to G in the NFL. His best attribute is that he can play any position on the line.
That's all well and good, however, he can only play one position at a time and I would prefer upper echelon play at one position. Is he as good a T as Moses or CK? Is he as good a G at Su'a Filo? If not, then id rather draft a natural T or the best G in the draft, IF O line is the direction the FO wants to take.
Personally, I would rather see us draft CJ Mosley or Ebron in rd 1, if they are available.

I would be happy with: Lewan/Martin/Kouandjio/Su'a Filo/Moses.

I will kick the TV if: Mosely/Shazier/Ebron/Any WR or Safety

I'm not a draft expert by any means, so I will defer to those who spend more time than I do on player evaluations. However, is Zach Martin really a top 20 player? I hear that he's a strong, nimble and smart player who can play T, but is best suited to G in the NFL. His best attribute is that he can play any position on the line.
That's all well and good, however, he can only play one position at a time and I would prefer upper echelon play at one position. Is he as good a T as Moses or CK? Is he as good a G at Su'a Filo? If not, then id rather draft a natural T or the best G in the draft, IF O line is the direction the FO wants to take.
Personally, I would rather see us draft CJ Mosley or Ebron in rd 1, if they are available.

45018BillyDeeWilliamsclappinggi87wh-1.gif

Some feel Martin is a top 20 player but most of those guys have never even seen him play. His best attribute is that he can supposedly play any position; he has played LT his entire career and has started at RT for two games. So basically you're getting a LT probably better suited for a LG spot. I haven't watched that much of Moses to form an opinion but he unlike Martin has experience at RT. XSF is being overrated lately and I would take Martin over him at G in a second. The fans on the Zack Martin train don't understand the bold and seem to think that he's going to provide Pro-Bowl level talent at whatever position he's pegged into. Better of drafting someone like Billy Turner in the 3rd or Spencer Long in the 5th-6th and they could give you the same or better results at the desired positions.

I'm also on the play maker train in the 1st. We don't have that player who can catch the ball and make a play. Our biggest problem was we couldn't score enough points which in part has to do with Tannehill/OL, but also has to do with lack of play makers which is why I'm not opposed of taking Marqise Lee or Eric Ebron if they're available.

Zack Martin looks a good safe pick but I'm surprised that he is described as nimble(??). I see a good strong, competitive 300+ lb lumpy player with huge hips and a butt the size of Texas (and all adjoining states). His running style is best described as fast waddling, but we just need smart stout O-linemen who fit the system and don't turn out to be sociopaths or suffering from chronic manic depression. We don't need a track star, just the best guys to help protect Tannehill from getting killed.
The word nimble conjures an element of quick, light footed movement and seems to have been somewhat devalued.

Here's my "guess" at Miami's 1st round targets.

Martin
Lewan (very likely gone)
Mosley
Shazier
Lee
Cooks
Moses

I wouldn't be disappointed by Martin, but also feel his best position is guard which takes away some of his appeal IMO. Lewan could be a pro bowl guy at RT and is considered an elite prospect. Mosley would solve the MLB, which was a huge problem area for the Dolphins last year. He's had some injuries, though. Shazier is a playmaker on the weak side that, in some ways, is similar to what Cooks can do for an offense. Cooks is an explosive receiver who is an absolute nightmare to cover. It's exciting to think what he might add to this offense. Lee runs good routes and is a playmaker with the ball in his hands. Has had some injuries. Moses is RT prospect with a lot of upside and connections to Lazor from his time at Virginia.

I would be happy with: Lewan/Martin/Kouandjio/Su'a Filo/Moses.

I will kick the TV if: Mosely/Shazier/Ebron/Any WR or Safety

Why? Do you think this team is merely a couple starting o-linemen away from winning the superbowl?

Why? Do you think this team is merely a couple starting o-linemen away from winning the superbowl?

No but i do know that if we cant get top end protection are offence wont have a chance to use any play makers as well as with out QB getting hit every play you may start seeing injuries happen for him and then our offense will be relying on a backup QB.

The QB, OL, and DL are the building blocks of a successful team. We have a DL and a QB and a poor OL. A play making TE wont make any difference and we already have clay starting to breakout, We have our 2 starting safeties, we have serviceable LB's, and I would target a WR in the 2nd or later (Moncreif, Bryant)

Don't draft RTs in the first, especially when they're borderline LTs, who might have to play guard to survive in the NFL and even then with some physical improvement. Because you've just spent your top pick on a guy who prob won't be a left tackle, might not make it as a right tackle and will have to learn the position in season 1, and will end up moving to left guard (which you already have covered and where there's no guarantee his lack of physicality will hold up.

Or you can spin the guy as someone who has tremendous value because he can play all over the line and is only available at 19 because he's slightly smaller with shorter arms than prototypical.

Yes, we have a RT need and potentially a RG need, but NOBODY takes those guys in the first unless they are exceptional talents. We need exceptional, not solid. Solid can be had in round two and beyond.

Happy with:
- Taylor Lewan
- Ryan Shazier
- Zach Martin
- XSF
- Eric Ebron
- Austin Seferian-Jenkins
- Jason Verrett

Lukewarm:
- C.J. Mosley
- Calvin Pryor
- Marquise Lee
- Brandin Cooks

Kick my TV:
- Morgan Moses
- Haha Clinton-Dix

Throw my TV out the window and kill multiple people
- Cyrus "Roll on the ground" Kuondijo

No but i do know that if we cant get top end protection are offence wont have a chance to use any play makers as well as with out QB getting hit every play you may start seeing injuries happen for him and then our offense will be relying on a backup QB.

The QB, OL, and DL are the building blocks of a successful team. We have a DL and a QB and a poor OL. A play making TE wont make any difference and we already have clay starting to breakout, We have our 2 starting safeties, we have serviceable LB's, and I would target a WR in the 2nd or later (Moncreif, Bryant)

I disagree. You can have a good offense and a healthy QB without "top end" protection. I also disagree that a top TE wouldn't make a difference. A great TE is a QB's best friend and a great weapon for putting points on the board in the red zone. Clay himself led the team in TDs. And while he played well it's not like you are limited to playing one TE at a time. I'm also not wild about our WRs and Delmas has durability issues.

Don't draft RTs in the first, especially when they're borderline LTs, who might have to play guard to survive in the NFL and even then with some physical improvement. Because you've just spent your top pick on a guy who prob won't be a left tackle, might not make it as a right tackle and will have to learn the position in season 1, and will end up moving to left guard (which you already have covered and where there's no guarantee his lack of physicality will hold up.

Or you can spin the guy as someone who has tremendous value because he can play all over the line and is only available at 19 because he's slightly smaller with shorter arms than prototypical.

Yes, we have a RT need and potentially a RG need, but NOBODY takes those guys in the first unless they are exceptional talents. We need exceptional, not solid. Solid can be had in round two and beyond.

Well said. I like Cory Flemings' shot at Day 1 success at RT as well as anyone beyond (Robinson, Matthews, and Lewan). Ja'Wuan James isn't far behind. You can probably get one or the other in the 3rd, but if need be, go ahead and use 50. I'd be fine with Fleming at 50. But don't spend a top 20 pick on a lesser player to fill a need. Get a high-end talent. Given the shape of our team, there's a good chance the best talent falls on a position of at least moderate need.

Back
Top Bottom