2 Hypothetical Mocks: | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

2 Hypothetical Mocks:

madridfinfan

Rookie
Reaction score
Hey fellow finfans. a bit bored here on a saturday morning. Thought Id throw this out there too see what you guys think. Bombs away.

mock A
1 OLB R.Shazier (can play in_out, adds a dimension we don't have, unless of course philbin decides to play jordan a lot more at LB)
2 OT B.Turner (should be plug and play RT)
3 SS D.Bucannon (would be a nice complement to Jones, insurance in case Delmas´injury history gets the better of him, not content with WIlson as our 3rd S)
4 RB A.Williams (should add the bruiser body that DT never was)
5 OG T.Turner (should also be a potential starter, if not, solid depth)
6 TE C.Lyerla (worth the gamble, cant teach height, red zone threat we desperately need)
7 WR J.Janis (another big receiving threat)

mock B
1 TE E.Ebron will provide what we've neglected for years, a seam threat TE)
2 ILB C. Borland (not the most athletic, but intangibles off the charts)
3 RB J.Hill (incredibly talented big bodied back)
4 OT J.Hurst (injury drops his stock, if recovers well, should be day 1 starter)
5 OG T.Turner (see above)
6 SS I.Lewis (played on MichSt. all world D and secondary, could be sleeper if lasts this long)
7 WR J.Janis (see above)

I think if we draft Lyerla his his career will go up his nose and by the wayside.

But in the 6th or 7th I think it's a safe bet. The dude has 1st round skills. If he wants to waste his career fine, but if he's all straight he could be a game changer.

Ok, here's two more:

Mock A:

1. WR Brandin Cooks Electric in the slot, brings a ton of speed and quicks, fantastic kick returner as well
2. OLB Kyle Van Noy Just a good football player, preparing fro Philip Wheeler to get punted Reggie Roby style out of the building
3. DE James Gayle Good player off the edge, more of a pure DE to let Jordan play OLB or more of an elephant position
4. OG Trai Turner Strong, mobile, young player at a need position
5. OT Michael Schofield Solid yet unspectacular- similar to Ju'wan James and Jack Mewhort in that regard, tough, moves well
6. OT Matt Patchan Gamble on a talented yet frequently injured player that I'll take, especially at a need position
7. WR Shaquelle Evans Could be a good late round pick up a la Rishard Mathews. Size, speed, quicks, has a burst.

Mock B

1. OT Zack Martin Just a solid, versatile player at a need position with outstanding intangibles. Might not make it to #19
2. WR Martavis Bryant Gamble on greatness- has size and speed, good lateral movement and has a burst
3. DE James Gayle See above, just a good football player who can really get after the QB
4. OG Trai Turner I don't want to budge on this one either, see above
5. TE AC Leonard Take a chance on a fast, athletic TE who's only 6-2.5 but brings talent and speed to the offense
6. OT Matt Patchan I want to stick with this pick as well, dude is talented and healthy now, great ft for ZBS
7. WR Kevin Norwood Good size at 6-2, 200 lbs, sub 4.5 40- solid WR lost in the shuffle in a deep WR class

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QsNneHzV5p8
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Vzc2bOu6S8Y ran a 4.39 previously, had a bad start and still ran a 4.48- smooth, fast athlete
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HlygLcdCoOU will go up to get the ball
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aB9JUvCDFro watch him work the sideline, sneaky awareness, cagey, smooth hands
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8Qg6xEdqtwk watch the nice acceleration after the catch, determination/hurdle at :18

Last edited by a moderator:
I like both, option A a little more. I'd be very pleased with Ryan Shazier. I love that he can move inside on passing downs, which would allow the team to get Jordan (at LB), Vernon and Wake on the field at the same time. I love the Billy Turner pick in R2 --- him or James from Tennessee would be my 2nd round targets if the Dolphins go a position other than offensive line in round 1.

Ok, here's two more:

Mock A:

1. WR Brandin Cooks Electric in the slot, brings a ton of speed and quicks, fantastic kick returner as well
2. OLB Kyle Van Noy Just a good football player, preparing fro Philip Wheeler to get punted Reggie Roby style out of the building
3. DE James Gayle Good player off the edge, more of a pure DE to let Jordan play OLB or more of an elephant position
4. OG Trai Turner Strong, mobile, young player at a need position
5. OT Michael Schofield Solid yet unspectacular- similar to Ju'wan James and Jack Mewhort in that regard, tough, moves well
6. OT Matt Patchan Gamble on a talented yet frequently injured player that I'll take, especially at a need position
7. WR Shaquelle Evans Could be a good late round pick up a la Rishard Mathews. Size, speed, quicks, has a burst.

Mock B

1. OT Zack Martin Just a solid, versatile player at a need position with outstanding intangibles. Might not make it to #19
2. WR Martavis Bryant Gamble on greatness- has size and speed, good lateral movement and has a burst
3. DE James Gayle See above, just a good football player who can really get after the QB
4. OG Trai Turner I don't want to budge on this one either, see above
5. TE AC Leonard Take a chance on a fast, athletic TE who's only 6-2.5 but brings talent and speed to the offense
6. OT Matt Patchan I want to stick with this pick as well, dude is talented and healthy now, great ft for ZBS
7. WR Kevin Norwood Good size at 6-2, 200 lbs, sub 4.5 40- solid WR lost in the shuffle in a deep WR class

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QsNneHzV5p8
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Vzc2bOu6S8Y ran a 4.39 previously, had a bad start and still ran a 4.48- smooth, fast athlete
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HlygLcdCoOU will go up to get the ball
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aB9JUvCDFro watch him work the sideline, sneaky awareness, cagey, smooth hands
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8Qg6xEdqtwk watch the nice acceleration after the catch, determination/hurdle at :18
I'm a big, big fan of Brandin Cooks. I think if the team goes that route, they have to go offensive line in the 2nd. Your second option does a really good job fixing the offensive line and Bryant is intriguing as that bigger wideout the Dolphins could use.

Hey fellow finfans. a bit bored here on a saturday morning. Thought Id throw this out there too see what you guys think. Bombs away.

mock A
1 OLB R.Shazier (can play in_out, adds a dimension we don't have, unless of course philbin decides to play jordan a lot more at LB)
2 OT B.Turner (should be plug and play RT)
3 SS D.Bucannon (would be a nice complement to Jones, insurance in case Delmas´injury history gets the better of him, not content with WIlson as our 3rd S)
4 RB A.Williams (should add the bruiser body that DT never was)
5 OG T.Turner (should also be a potential starter, if not, solid depth)
6 TE C.Lyerla (worth the gamble, cant teach height, red zone threat we desperately need)
7 WR J.Janis (another big receiving threat)

mock B
1 TE E.Ebron will provide what we've neglected for years, a seam threat TE)
2 ILB C. Borland (not the most athletic, but intangibles off the charts)
3 RB J.Hill (incredibly talented big bodied back)
4 OT J.Hurst (injury drops his stock, if recovers well, should be day 1 starter)
5 OG T.Turner (see above)
6 SS I.Lewis (played on MichSt. all world D and secondary, could be sleeper if lasts this long)
7 WR J.Janis (see above)

Williams isn't my favorite RB, but if you can get Shazier and Bucannon, you won't hear me complain about much else. Shazier, Bucannon, and both Turners . . . Yeah, that'd be exceptional.

Realistic? Maybe not, but I'd be stoked if it happened. I prefer option 1 to option 2 - by a wide margin.

I like Mock B much better. Not sure about Borland Pick. I would tend to pick the best DT in the second round. Look for ILB in the 5th round.

Bucanons not getting to that 3rd rounder may not get to 50...James Gayle in the 3rd round would be Ireland day 2 level bad value...

If you want Bucannon you better take it at 50 if its still there...he's on my pick 50 target list

Bucanons not getting to that 3rd rounder may not get to 50...James Gayle in the 3rd round would be Ireland day 2 level bad value...

If you want Bucannon you better take it at 50 if its still there...he's on my pick 50 target list

Would love Bucannon at 50, and depending upon the players still available, I think you can justify taking him at 19. As much as I hope something good happens with Jordan, our D would have looked a lot better with Eric Reid back there last season, and he would have been worth the 12th pick (not saying he would have been the best option, but certainly worth the pick). This draft is stronger, so I'm assuming there will be players I prefer at 19, but he's a 1st RD talent. I have him as a top 15 player (14). If I did draft another player in the 1st, he's one of the few guys who might be in the 2nd that I'd be willing to trade up for.

I have doubts that Gayle will even make it to the 3rd round much less be a bad value there. He's a heck of a player and edge rusher as a 4/e DE and I think that he's better suited for that position than Dion Jordan. A shade under 6-4 and 260 lbs, ran a 4.7 at the combine and strong at 26 reps. Those are all nice numbers, but even better is his play against the run and burst/ability to bend the arc. I'd consider us fortunate if we could draft him in the 3rd rd.

Gayle will never get to the qb in the pros you are gonna waste a high pick on a guy with 2 deep de locks already in front of him and get no snaps out of him barring injury...

Gayle will never get to the qb in the pros you are gonna waste a high pick on a guy with 2 deep de locks already in front of him and get no snaps out of him barring injury...

Well, in my opinion you're dead wrong on that one and his body of work, ability and combine size/speed/strength numbers say otherwise. All just opinions, but I think that he is one heck of a 4/3 DE prospect worthy of a 2nd rd pick and for sure a 3rd.

ps I was just watching some film of Gayle vs Morgan Moses, reminds me of why I like both. Moses is a load and has pretty good feet, solid in the run and pass games. nearly ideal size, but the question to me is whether he's a 1st or 2nd rd guy, and I'm leaning to the late 1st and early/mid 2nd. Very solid yet unspectacular, nonetheless a very good player.

Back
Top Bottom