2 Salary Cap Questions, Please | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

2 Salary Cap Questions, Please

postermaster

Finsavior
Reaction score
I've seen the salary cap player by player in this site, but I didn't understand nothing because there were like 50 different things like signing bonus and cap hit, can anybody answer me this simple questions?

1.-What's the salary cap limit?, there says 75 mil or something but I heard it was 85.5 mil

2.-How much money we have left to spend for the 2006 season.?

THANKS!!

Where have you been man? Just kidding, with the new CBA the salary cap this year is $102M for all teams, although we lost about $10M for the incentives, and the Salary Cap page has us at about $8M under the cap, but it didn't have Allen, Beasley, and some others contracts figured in yet, so I'm guessing somwhere around 4-6million under the cap is what we are now.

Yeah $4-6 million is about right. And the Cap limit is about $102 million.

RoninFin4 said:
Where have you been man? Just kidding, with the new CBA the salary cap this year is $102M for all teams, although we lost about $10M for the incentives, and the Salary Cap page has us at about $8M under the cap, but it didn't have Allen, Beasley, and some others contracts figured in yet, so I'm guessing somwhere around 4-6million under the cap is what we are now.

yea 4-6million sounds right. im hoping we are a little over 7. if arrington signs we may be looking at about alittle over 2 million left in cap to sign rookies and other free agents. id look for maybe a restructuring or some releases.

If you go over, the NFL has the power to fine teams as well as take away draft picks, though it's never been done. I did a report on this in a sports finance class I'm in and found out only the 49ers and Steelers have ever gotten into any sort of actual trouble in that realm. If anyone else knows anything about this, please share it, it'd be interesting.

RoninFin4 said:
If you go over, the NFL has the power to fine teams as well as take away draft picks, though it's never been done. I did a report on this in a sports finance class I'm in and found out only the 49ers and Steelers have ever gotten into any sort of actual trouble in that realm. If anyone else knows anything about this, please share it, it'd be interesting.

Broncos were fined & lost a 3rd round pick for salary cap violations. Not much of a penalty considering they won 2 superbowls during that time. Also, the Steelers (in the past, not recent) came forward with an "accounting mistake" and were penalized a draft pick.

Eshlemon said:
Broncos were fined & lost a 3rd round pick for salary cap violations. Not much of a penalty considering they won 2 superbowls during that time. Also, the Steelers (in the past, not recent) came forward with an "accounting mistake" and were penalized a draft pick.

Did not know that, thanks for the info. The Steelers current "capologist" if you will, just graduated from UD a few years ago. I was curious to know if he replaced whoever the Steelers had around when they were find, but I'm guessing that was sometime before that.?

RoninFin4 said:
Did not know that, thanks for the info. The Steelers current "capologist" if you will, just graduated from UD a few years ago. I was curious to know if he replaced whoever the Steelers had around when they were find, but I'm guessing that was sometime before that.?

Don't have a link anymore, but think Steelers violations were around the time of Broncos in late '90s, with a 3rd round pick lost in 2001 plus a 6 figure fine. And Rooney came forward with their mistake immediately and the Broncos were caught by the NFL and didn't lose their pick in 2005. Hope Fins beat Pittsburgh every year, but think Steelers & Rooney would be a great organization to work at for your friend.

Back
Top Bottom