2007 offense vs 2010 offense | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

2007 offense vs 2010 offense

phinfan2003

Perennial All-Pro
Reaction score
When we think of the worst Dolphins' offense of the last 30 years, most of us think about the 2007 team. That was Cam Cameron's only year with our organization and it was quite forgettable. In case you have forgotten, that year we started an old and concussed Trent Green, Cleo Lemon, and rookie John Beck at QB. Furthermore, our best WR was Marty Booker (after we traded Chris Chambers) and Ted Ginn was starting as a rookie. That pathetic team scored 26 offensive TD's which comes out to 1.65 TD's/game.

This year, our 3rd year under Sparano/Henning, we have scored 14 TD's in 10 game or 1.4 TD's/game. When you consider how much better this offense looks on paper than that 2007 offense, all I can say is WTF!!!!

Well there's a taste of reality that will hit you like a ton of bricks. That group of QBs was worse than the group we have now. I think that O-line was pretty bad too...IIRC they gave up something like 45 sacks. And yet people like Chris Mortensen defend Henning...unreal.

at least in 07, ronnie until he got hurt was a big bright spot for us. who the **** is a bright spot for us on offense this year?

That 2007 team was hit with severe injuries on defense. But when Trent Green and Ronnie were healthy they were halfway decent. Ronnie was on his way to putting up one of the great RB seasons . . . and that was with Cameron experimenting the first 2 games with him. Once Trent and Ronnie went down, that team was pathetic.

Despite these injuries this year, we shouldn't have even been in a must win situation last night . . . Dan Henning cost us a few games this year.

at least in 07, ronnie until he got hurt was a big bright spot for us. who the **** is a bright spot for us on offense this year?

Jake Long . . . when your OT is the lone bright spot, that isn't a good thing. But then again, it can be traced back to the OC. Just like Ronnie in 07, I don't think he makes it thru the year.

Jake Long . . . when your OT is the lone bright spot, that isn't a good thing. But then again, it can be traced back to the OC. Just like Ronnie in 07, I don't think he makes it thru the year.
it makes me sick how this man still has a job. u gotta love when we r down by 16 with like 4 minutes to go, rather than shotgun formation, we r doing play-action.

isnt play-action supposed to fake the opponents out? who the **** is going to be faked out when they r up by 16 with 4 to go?

Brandon Marshall has played well. Davone Bess has played well. Brian Hartline has played well. It's interesting that for a team that refuses to use any kind of vertical passing game the receiving core has been fairly strong. The running game has been a complete dud, the offensive line is decimated by injury, the coaching staff has had one of the worst season long performances i've ever seen (and i like Sparano/Henning). I wouldn't say we're as bad as the 2007 team and that there are no bright spots (we have won 5 games). Karlos Dansby has been fantastic, Vontae Davis very strong. Wake at times. Misi. Dan Carpenter and Brandon Fields. Others. But erratic play calling has really crippled this offense and as a whole made this team underachievers.

2010's offense has gone straight down the tiolet. This was a tough O Line that could run the ball last year, it sucks right now. No great WRs but could find ways to move the ball and put points on the board last year. Most of this is on the coaching staff. The rise and fall of the offense is unbelievable, they were building an offense and then destroyed it. It's in pieces on the ground and I don't think the return of Henne is going to help much.

It still can't hold a candle to 2004's offense in sucking. I think some games they may have had negative points from the opposing defense scoring more points off of defensive TDs than they were giving up.

2010's offense has gone straight down the tiolet. This was a tough O Line that could run the ball last year, it sucks right now. No great WRs but could find ways to move the ball and put points on the board last year. Most of this is on the coaching staff. The rise and fall of the offense is unbelievable, they were building an offense and then destroyed it. It's in pieces on the ground and I don't think the return of Henne is going to help much.

It still can't hold a candle to 2004's offense in sucking. I think some games they may have had negative points from the opposing defense scoring more points off of defensive TDs than they were giving up.

Yep 2004 was horrible, especially the first part of the year. That defense carried the team to 4 wins.

Statistically speaking, 2007 was still worse. The 2004 team scored 29 offensive TD's as opposed to 26 in 2007.

Best post I read in a while on here. I'm beginning to think that maybe we haven't improved at all on the offense side of the ball. Wow I shocked with these stats. Our offense incomptence has reached a new level. We messed with a pretty good offensive line to save money, and that move has come back and bit us in the *** hard. Interior is average at best, Fasano sucks, Hartline is inconsistent, Marshall can't catch the ball over the middle, we have not established any runnning game, our playcalling is subpar, and qb play is average. Add it all up and I guess that what the result is. Still stunning to be worse than 2007 though.

I dunno how we were so good in 2007. I think the main reason why was the schedule if anything. Our offense is starting to look like that playoff lose to the Ravens in 2007 lol, sorry for bringing back some bad memories ;) Every single player on this offense is a question mark except the following: Marshall, Bess, and Long. Yup, I didn't include Ronnie or Ricky, who are we kidding, they're not the same players. It's funny, but who woulda thought from a year ago that the WRs would be the strength of this team lol. Hartline is playing good, leading receiver the past 2 weeks and Fasano is finally starting to play above average. Also, we NEEEEEED more speed on offense. Look at the Eagles, they have speed at every position on offense and they're one of premiere offenses in the league. Overall, major changes need to be made.

finfan1927;1063689077[B said:
]I dunno how we were so good in 2007[/B]. I think the main reason why was the schedule if anything. Our offense is starting to look like that playoff lose to the Ravens in 2007 lol, sorry for bringing back some bad memories ;) Every single player on this offense is a question mark except the following: Marshall, Bess, and Long. Yup, I didn't include Ronnie or Ricky, who are we kidding, they're not the same players. It's funny, but who woulda thought from a year ago that the WRs would be the strength of this team lol. Hartline is playing good, leading receiver the past 2 weeks and Fasano is finally starting to play above average. Also, we NEEEEEED more speed on offense. Look at the Eagles, they have speed at every position on offense and they're one of premiere offenses in the league. Overall, major changes need to be made.
What 07 season did u watch? can u send me a copy?

I dunno how we were so good in 2007. I think the main reason why was the schedule if anything. Our offense is starting to look like that playoff lose to the Ravens in 2007 lol, sorry for bringing back some bad memories ;) Every single player on this offense is a question mark except the following: Marshall, Bess, and Long. Yup, I didn't include Ronnie or Ricky, who are we kidding, they're not the same players. It's funny, but who woulda thought from a year ago that the WRs would be the strength of this team lol. Hartline is playing good, leading receiver the past 2 weeks and Fasano is finally starting to play above average. Also, we NEEEEEED more speed on offense. Look at the Eagles, they have speed at every position on offense and they're one of premiere offenses in the league. Overall, major changes need to be made.

I think you're confusing 2007 with 2008.

Back
Top Bottom