2009-2010 Miami Heat Thread: Race to the Finish | Page 14 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

2009-2010 Miami Heat Thread: Race to the Finish

Always nice to beat the Smurfs. Hopefully this is the start of a long winning streak that makes up for them having their head up their *** the last few weeks.

A championship. Like every other team. There's a hand full of other teams that don't shut it down every other game because the odds say they can't win a title with the talent there.

What teams? I've watched a lot of Bobcat basketball just because that's whats on and Brown has them playing as hard as any team I've seen. Still they've given up in several games....to the point the basketball is so ugly its not even watchable.

And this team is not playing for a championship. Maybe if Riley lucks out and lands Bosh before the deadline we can change the tune.....other than that its not happening and the players know it.

What teams? I've watched a lot of Bobcat basketball just because that's whats on and Brown has them playing as hard as any team I've seen. Still they've given up in several games....to the point the basketball is so ugly its not even watchable.

There are teams that are playing above their talent level, OKC, Sacramento, Milwaukee. Then there are teams that are about as talented as the Heat, but don't take games off like ATL, Utah.

And this team is not playing for a championship. Maybe if Riley lucks out and lands Bosh before the deadline we can change the tune.....other than that its not happening and the players know it.

This team is a lot better than you seem to want to give them credit for, and they've already proved it this year knocking off several good teams.

It's ridiculous you would even look at it like that. Don't have a good chance at a championship, lets just not play hard. Never mind that they're paid a lot of money to "play hard."

By the way, the Heat dominated the EC champs team from a year ago tonight in case you missed it, and are 2-0 against them this season.

There are teams that are playing above their talent level, OKC, Sacramento, Milwaukee. Then there are teams that are about as talented as the Heat, but don't take games off like ATL, Utah.

Funny you mention Atlanta when one of the few games of theirs I've seen this season was when they gave up before halftime to the pre-Jackson Bobcats and got blown out. I don't see how you consider the Heat to have comparable talent to that team....sometimes I think they're so talented that they can play extremely selfish ball and still win despite themselves.

This team is a lot better than you seem to want to give them credit for, and they've already proved it this year knocking off several good teams.

It's ridiculous you would even look at it like that. Don't have a good chance at a championship, lets just not play hard. Never mind that they're paid a lot of money to "play hard."

By the way, the Heat dominated the EC champs team from a year ago tonight in case you missed it, and are 2-0 against them this season.

When everything comes together they've been a very good team. When Beasley and Richardson are aggressive and the bench provides enough scoring to keep the team from completely collapsing when Wade rests.

The reason noone looks at the Heat as championship contenders is because they have huge and obvious flaws. They have size and athletic deficiencies that no amount of brilliance from Wade is going to overcome. I give Beasley a lot of credit for the progression hes shown on the defensive end. Hes really trying out there. But no amount of effort is going to make him taller, stronger, or more athletic. O'Neal isn't going to regrow the knees and ankles he had 10 years ago.....defense at the PG spot isn't going to suddenly materialize unless Chalmers has some epiphany.

Funny you mention Atlanta when one of the few games of theirs I've seen this season was when they gave up before halftime to the pre-Jackson Bobcats and got blown out. I don't see how you consider the Heat to have comparable talent to that team....sometimes I think they're so talented that they can play extremely selfish ball and still win despite themselves.

I haven't watched all of their games, or all of any teams games for that matter. But when ever I do see that team a lack of effort isn't obvious, certainly not as much as with the Heat, who seem to do this at least once a week, and sometimes drag their lethargic ***** into back to back games.

Also, this is the same Hawks the Heat starting two rookies took to 7 games. I may be wrong but I believe their only major acquisition is Jamal Crawford.

When everything comes together they've been a very good team. When Beasley and Richardson are aggressive and the bench provides enough scoring to keep the team from completely collapsing when Wade rests.

The reason noone looks at the Heat as championship contenders is because they have huge and obvious flaws. They have size and athletic deficiencies that no amount of brilliance from Wade is going to overcome. I give Beasley a lot of credit for the progression hes shown on the defensive end. Hes really trying out there. But no amount of effort is going to make him taller, stronger, or more athletic. O'Neal isn't going to regrow the knees and ankles he had 10 years ago.....defense at the PG spot isn't going to suddenly materialize unless Chalmers has some epiphany.

I understand this team has obvious holes, but I can't accept the excuse that they aren't going to play hard because they have a very slim chance to make the finals. They should play with 110% effort every game because that's what they are paid for. And it's certainly a slap in the face to the fans, Mickey Arrison and Pat Riley to give anything less.

Butler trade rumors surfacing

Recent trade rumors have surfaced as both Golden State and Phoenix have contacted Washington expressing interest in Caron Butler.

http://www.rotoworld.com/content/HeadLines.aspx?sport=NBA&hl=124400

best rumor i've heard in a while - **** next year's potential free agent windfall - butler looked and would look best back in a heat uniform - make it happen miami

Also, this is the same Hawks the Heat starting two rookies took to 7 games. I may be wrong but I believe their only major acquisition is Jamal Crawford.

I didn't say they were a great team.....just the best collection of talent outside LA.

I understand this team has obvious holes, but I can't accept the excuse that they aren't going to play hard because they have a very slim chance to make the finals. They should play with 110% effort every game because that's what they are paid for. And it's certainly a slap in the face to the fans, Mickey Arrison and Pat Riley to give anything less.

I'd argue that its in the best interest of the fans if Wade does not give 110% effort every game. Wade has already shown what happens when he lives by his fall down 6 get up 7 mantra. Is it better to have Wade for 50 or 80 games? How about 5 or 8 more years?

Riley and Arison have both made it abundantly clear that they don't care about what this team does this year. Arison by his refusal to sign players to the vet minimum because of the extra 1.5 mil that he would have to pay the league and Riley with his actions over the past two seasons.

If you want players to try, put them in a position where their efforts will yield results.

best rumor i've heard in a while - **** next year's potential free agent windfall - butler looked and would look best back in a heat uniform - make it happen miami

Even if there isn't much chance of Miami landing Bosh or Lebron, Butler isn't good enough to give up on those fantasies. The only way Riley gives up on his '10 dream is if he thinks he can make a trade that puts Miami into contention now. The only players I can see that would do that and might become available are Bosh and Gay. But odds are both are staying put.

Back
Top Bottom