2009-2010 Miami Heat Thread: Race to the Finish | Page 15 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

2009-2010 Miami Heat Thread: Race to the Finish

I didn't say they were a great team.....just the best collection of talent outside LA.

I'd argue that its in the best interest of the fans if Wade does not give 110% effort every game. Wade has already shown what happens when he lives by his fall down 6 get up 7 mantra. Is it better to have Wade for 50 or 80 games? How about 5 or 8 more years?

Riley and Arison have both made it abundantly clear that they don't care about what this team does this year. Arison by his refusal to sign players to the vet minimum because of the extra 1.5 mil that he would have to pay the league and Riley with his actions over the past two seasons.

If you want players to try, put them in a position where their efforts will yield results.

Best interest of which fans? You mean the fans that spend their money to go support the team? I'm a fan, I personally don't buy that save your body for a better situation. For that to happen you'd have to assume he's staying in Miami. And since he had a contract extension on the table and didn't take it, don't be too comfortable.

As for the team not caring, I dug up some quotes that conflict with what you seem to think...

"He's not there right now," Riley said in a private room at AmericanAirlines Arena. "His efficiency is down somewhat this year, and we're addressing it with him.

"If Dwyane is down 10 or 15 percent from what he was last year, then, as he said in the press the other day, and I think he does this, everybody has to look in the mirror about how to make this year better."

Riley addressed several other matters Wednesday.

-- On the Heat's current competitive state: "We are a playoff-contending team. . . I see us right in the middle of the pack, all those teams that are trying to find and maintain their identity, but still a level below the top four teams in the East."

Wade also kind of threw his teammates under the bus earlier this season when he shots weren't dropping, uncharacteristically. Doesn't sound like a guy who's just coasting and doesn't care.

“I would have loved to get more open looks,” Wade said. “They were doing a good job. It was no secret what they were doing, sending two guys. My teammates got to do a better job of making sure they get me open. We’ve got to continue to work the game, know what teams are going to do, don’t be surprised when they send two guys, even three.”

I'm sure Wade cares and wants to win. Against the Lakers and Celtics he looked like the best player in the league. But he was also visibly frustrated by the results and I think Wade realized after those contests that no matter how well he played his supporting cast just isn't good enough.

As a fan, I see the goal of a team being championships, not regular season victories. To that end, I see this season being about developing young players and hopefully getting Wade and Beasley more comfortable with one another on the court.

Apparently today was bull**** day. First the Dolphins lose in a bull**** way, then the Heat lose in a lesser but still bull**** way. I hate it when two of my teams lose in the same day.

Apparently today was bull**** day. First the Dolphins lose in a bull**** way, then the Heat lose in a lesser but still bull**** way. I hate it when two of my teams lose in the same day.
try 3 in the same weekend. epic fail.

I feel your pain!!!
clear.gif

Riley wants increased mental toughness

``What I think the team lacks, a little bit, is mental toughness. A real mental toughness,'' Riley said as the Heat spent Monday regrouping from another late-game meltdown in Sunday's home loss to Portland.

``Most of the teams in the NBA find those moments that are a blip on the radar screen, where everything looks like it's going down the drain, and it's [about] developing this mental toughness every night.''

http://www.miamiherald.com/sports/basketball/story/1393729.html

Well, another 6 pm Sunday game. If the Dolphins win so do the Heat, if they lose so do the Heat. At least it always seems that way when they play on the same day.

Well, that turned out to be a **** tease. Trail by 16 in the 4th quarter, take a 1 point lead, and proceed to lose.

What a spastic team. Not sure if its a good or bad sign, but for the first time in a while Wade is not the most efficient scorer on this team. Beasley has been outplaying him on both ends of the court for the past month.

Back
Top Bottom