*** 2011-12 NHL Regular Season Thread *** | Page 3 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

*** 2011-12 NHL Regular Season Thread ***

Gooooooooaaaaaaaaaal!

Neal powers the feed from Malkin home!

1-0

Let's Go Pens!
Let's Go Pens!
Let's Go Pens!

Goooooooooaaaaaaaaaaaal!!

The Cookie Monster makes it 2-0!!

Let's Go Pens!
Let's Go Pens!
Let's Go Pens!

After Fleury kicks a flukey seeing-eye goal in to make it 2-1, he comes back with a sick glove save!

2-1 Pens after One

Let's Go Pens!
Let's Go Pens!
Let's Go Pens!

Goooooooooooaaaaaaaaaaaaaal!!!

The Cookie Monster strikes again!!!

Shorthanded!!!

3-1

Let's Go Pens!
Let's Go Pens!
Let's Go Pens!

Shootout in the opener ... All tied up at 3

Let's Go Pens!
Let's Go Pens!
Let's Go Pens!

Fleury shines ... Luongo exposed ... 2-0 in the shootout

4-3 Final.

Pens Win!
Pens Win!
Pens Win!

Leafs shutout the Habs. Good stuff. Got the Senators tomorrow night and then off for a week. Good chance for us to get healthy.

As one season ends, another begins. Predators are 1-0, to start wooo. Good to see the most under appreciated sport back, should be another exciting season.

As one season ends, another begins. Predators are 1-0, to start wooo. Good to see the most under appreciated sport back, should be another exciting season.
I watched this game tonight. Rinne is the most underrated goalie on the NHL imo.

Unrelated, but for someone who lives in New York you like teams that are way out of your area. Any reason how you started to follow those teams?

I watched this game tonight. Rinne is the most underrated goalie on the NHL imo.

Unrelated, but for someone who lives in New York you like teams that are way out of your area. Any reason how you started to follow those teams?

I agree, I fear though he might not be a Pred soon enough. We have a solid backup n drafted a goalie in the first round. Rinne will get payed but we might not be able to with us focusing on signing Weber n Suter. But yea he is an aggressive and very soild goalie. Very underrated even after last season.

My stories about how I became the oddest fan is long but ill make it brief.

Baseball and Hockey I starting getting into when I was 7 in 98, Being new to the sport I didn't want to join the bandwagon n be a yankee/mets fan or Rangers/Islanders although I do consider those teams to be my second fav besides the Islanders. So With the new expansion teams D Backs n Preds I started to root for them. I was new to really paying attention to sports, and they were new...match made in heaven.

Basketball - Id like to credit the game nba jam for this one. While eating at a place called ground round, I decided at the end to play the arcade game nba jam like I always did. I never won, until I picked some team with a cowboy hat n some straw lol. I won and soon became a mavs fan, thank god. But I can also say I'm a huge Knicks guy, I rarely miss there games on TV.

Football - My dad a jets fan, and me being in NY how did I become a Dolphins fan. My mom who loved Dan Marino, n me being more of a mama's boy ill say led me to becoming a Phin Fan. Marino wore on me n the clashes of me n my father come gameday resulted. Oddly my next favs are Panthers, n Cardinals. Yea odd..... lol

That was as brief as I could put it haha.

Also to add to that, I've traveled to Nashville to see them play the wings back when they had Forsberg, OT winner where he had his first points as a Pred in. Very exciting. I also seen them play the Islanders, I was one of the 30 or less fans at that game lol.

I've been to Miami when it was Pro Player Stadium for some practices, Ricky was huge then. I've also seen them at the meadowlands when Ginn scored the 2 KR td's.

I went to Arizona and saw 2 games back in 99 when they had Matt Williams who was my fav player at the time. Great experience.

I haven't been to a game in Dallas but I saw them beat the Knicks last year at the garden. Heart breaking game to watch, but I had to rep the Mavs.

Pens continue their 3-game western Canada road trip (3 straight home openers for them :bobdole:) tonight vs. the Flames.

Let's Go Pens!
Let's Go Pens!
Let's Go Pens!

Back
Top Bottom