2011 WVU Mountaineer Football | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

2011 WVU Mountaineer Football

Sate Police just confirmed that a fan in Section 201 was struck by lightning at the start of the first delay.

... Hope it wasn't Arsenal. (I don't know where he was sitting)

Edit: ****ing sensationalist ESPN ... this was all made-up bull****. There was no official report issued by the state police. No-one was injured by lightning. ESPN completely fabricated the story, and decided to broadcast it during the third weather delay. **** ESPN

http://www.wvmetronews.com/news.cfm?func=displayfullstory&storyid=47608

Last edited by a moderator:
... And, it's a final.

Game called at 10:24pm due to sustained lightning.

WVU wins the "2011 Friends of Coal Bowl" 34-13.

(1-0, 0-0 Big East)

Last year's game was wayyy better, kind of a real nail biter.

This game was kind of a shock at how it turned out. I thought Marshall would play better. I guess it just wasn't in the clouds tonight.

Last year's game was wayyy better, kind of a real nail biter.

This game was kind of a shock at how it turned out. I thought Marshall would play better. I guess it just wasn't in the clouds tonight.

I can see how it would be to an outsider, but the damn Herd fans have been getting a bit too uppity for my tastes the past couple years. I wanted to blow 'em out by more. We had a whole quarter to add to the destruction ... now they'll be giving the "we coulda come back" bull**** til next year. Oh well, I guess a three touchdown win will have to suffice. :chuckle:

Also, A+ puns. :up:

There were times where every time West Virginia got into the red zone their running game just flat out stalled. Anyways, I love the hire of Holgerson, and I think that team is going to get better as the season goes on. Geno Smith definately made a lot of nice plays with his legs yesterday when things broke down.

I wasn't at yesterdays game. I was at the Marshall-WVU game last year in Huntington, that game was nuts.

Our o-line is driving me nuts though. Our running backs had no place to run the entire game.

I wasn't at yesterdays game. I was at the Marshall-WVU game last year in Huntington, that game was nuts.

Our o-line is driving me nuts though. Our running backs had no place to run the entire game.

Yep, definitely a major concern. It's been like that recently - for some reason we haven't been getting the same quality linemen as in years past.

Edit: Maybe we should buy a yacht & hire some strippers. :chuckle:

Last edited by a moderator:
Sate Police just confirmed that a fan in Section 201 was struck by lightning at the start of the first delay.

... Hope it wasn't Arsenal. (I don't know where he was sitting)

Edit: ****ing sensationalist ESPN ... this was all made-up bull****. There was no official report issued by the state police. No-one was injured by lightning. ESPN completely fabricated the story, and decided to broadcast it during the third weather delay. **** ESPN

http://www.wvmetronews.com/news.cfm?func=displayfullstory&storyid=47608

:lol: I ****ing called it. I knew when they showed that it was complete BULL****!!!!

No ****ing way lightning hit that stadium. There wouldve been more damage than one person in that section if it had. Secondly, the person who it struck wouldve been CHARRED. Sure, its possible to survive a lightning strike, but not without SEVERE burns. That wouldve been a huge story. You know why...... cause it NEVER ****ING HAPPENS. I cant recall anyone ever being struck by lightning at a football game, which makes this whole event even more ridiculous. This whole stopping games bull**** must cease. Even if youre going to stop it, there is no reason to wait 30 minutes after lightning has stopped in the area. Once the storm passes, ****ing tee it up. Unless youre ****ing chicken **** to get that *** beat by some **** team like Marshall.

WVU football is a joke and this episode took it to a new level. I will never pay money to step foot in that stadium after this bull****. I pay to watch football(especially ****ty football like WVU vs. Marshall) then ****ing play. Youre supposed to play football in the rain. If there is lightning, let adults make their own decisions as to whether they should be in the stands. The whole 6 mile radius thing is absurd too.

When they fabricated that story, you could clearly see that lightning striking well behind the stadium. Then they show a still photo that was simply enhanced with some lighting. Everyone wouldve ****ing known if the stadium were hit. Those lights above that section wouldve been totally ****ed. Smoke wouldve been rolling and likely fire.

The closest Ive ever been to a lightning strike was actually in Morgantown. I was sitting on a friends porch, watching it storm, being a moron, and that **** struck around 80 yards or so from where I sat. Scared the living **** out of me. A strange sensation came through my body. **** was intense. And that was at 80 yards away. No ****ing way was a section of the stadium hit. When they interviewed that state trooper, he was basically describing a really drunk person lying on the isle, not someone who got struck by lightning. GET ****ING REAL.

Im convinced they just pulled that **** to try and twist Marshall's AD's arm a bit into calling the game. Bunch of ****ing *******.

:lol: I ****ing called it. I knew when they showed that it was complete BULL****!!!!

No ****ing way lightning hit that stadium. There wouldve been more damage than one person in that section if it had. Secondly, the person who it struck wouldve been CHARRED. Sure, its possible to survive a lightning strike, but not without SEVERE burns. That wouldve been a huge story. You know why...... cause it NEVER ****ING HAPPENS. I cant recall anyone ever being struck by lightning at a football game, which makes this whole event even more ridiculous. This whole stopping games bull**** must cease. Even if youre going to stop it, there is no reason to wait 30 minutes after lightning has stopped in the area.

Actually, it does occasionally happen.

Years back (when I was a little kid) at Wheeling Island Stadium ... Chucky Joseph, a good friend of my dad's and an assistant coach for Wheeling Central, was out on the field right before a game during a thunderstorm checking the turf conditions. He was struck on the top of his head by a bolt of lightning. He spent months in a coma before luckily returning to good health.

Years later, he opened a bar/bookie joint right next to the stadium called "The Lightning Rod" ... I **** you not, the man has a sense of humor. :chuckle: Unfortunately, due to the nature of his business, the feds nailed him during the "Hankish" (mob) crackdown.

You drove right past his old place when you played at Donkey Island - now it's a strip joint called "Godfathers"

The stadium was struck by lightning. Let me see if I can find the gif of it.

Can't find it. But it showed the lightning, then the ribbon board on the front of the top deck going black as soon as the lightning struck

WVU trails frigging Norfolk State 12-10 at the half. :bobdole:

... And, I thought the Dolphins had o-line problems.

I'm now officially afraid of what LSU is going to do to us.

Back
Top Bottom