2012 dolphin 1st round pick is in. its official. spoiler alert | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

2012 dolphin 1st round pick is in. its official. spoiler alert

enduro

unknown quantity
Reaction score
As you know last year I was correct with my first round pick well before the experts, in the pick of m. pouncey. Well once again the pick is in. After reviewing his workout the pick will be tannehill. This of course depends if he is still on the board. The way things look, Miami may deal one of there 3rd round picks to move up to #7 to secure the pick. The chiefs and the Browns may try to leap frog miami and move into #7, and Jeff will have none of that.

colts: luck
skins: rgIII
vikes: kalil
browns: richardson
bucs: morris claiborne
rams: blackmon
fins: (trade of one spot) tannehill

If we miss tannehill in some senerio we will look to trade back unless a top 6 pick falls. Tannehill is our #1 target this year much like M. pouncey was last year.

I honestly think we have to trade with the Vikes if we want to secure Tannehill, after yesterdays pro-day I think the chiefs and browns are both in play, I'm not sure what it would cost to move up with minnesota, maybe our 1st round pick, one of our 3rds, and maybe a 2nd next year, but the way I look at it is if Ireland/Philbin believe Tannehill is their guy then they have to go get him even if it means moving up, I think this kid has tremendous upside and it will be worth it a year or two from now when we finally have our franchise QB

Miami would be stupid to TRADE UP for tannehill considering he is not worth a first round pick. I disagree with you...I think Miami is not as interested as everyone thinks in him. I think they take FLoyd at 8 then draft a qb in the second.

---------- Post added at 07:47 AM ---------- Previous post was at 07:46 AM ----------

Also if Miami trades up to 3 it better be to draft Blackmon.lol

Miami would be stupid to TRADE UP for tannehill considering he is not worth a first round pick. I disagree with you...I think Miami is not as interested as everyone thinks in him. I think they take FLoyd at 8 then draft a qb in the second.

---------- Post added at 07:47 AM ---------- Previous post was at 07:46 AM ----------

Moore to Blackmon, not going to happen...........

Miami is looking to move up. I may not have the compensation correct but they are looking to secure tannehill. They see him as the next a rodgers.

The Team has so many needs and Philbin values draft picks no way we give them away.I think he trades back to pick up more picks.We already had Weeden in here for a work out and now Ireland is going to Osweiler's pro day.Tannehill could be the pick at 8 but no way in hell we trade up for him

Miami is looking to move up. I may not have the compensation correct but they are looking to secure tannehill. They see him as the next a rodgers.

I hope so we need a QB, not just B/UP's...............

I'm not high at all on Tannehill. He's not even a top 2 or 3 round pick in my view. The only solace I see in picking at #8 is at least the FO is going Skill position for a change. Trading up for him to any spot is completely ludicrous, picking him at #8 is bordering on stupidity.

The Team has so many needs and Philbin values draft picks no way we give them away.I think he trades back to pick up more picks.We already had Weeden in here for a work out and now Ireland is going to Osweiler's pro day.Tannehill could be the pick at 8 but no way in hell we trade up for him

in todays nfl your only as good as your starting qb. Unless you have some elite defense which we do not have. You don't pass on the next A. Rodgers. We have many needs but QB is still priority #1

You are late on this enduro, I think half the board already assumes he will be the pick if he is available . . . but if they trade up one spot to secure him, you are definitely the first to call that so you still have something to "redeem" your legacy on. :up:

I'm not high at all on Tannehill. He's not even a top 2 or 3 round pick in my view. The only solace I see in picking at #8 is at least the FO is going Skill position for a change. Trading up for him to any spot is completely ludicrous, picking him at #8 is bordering on stupidity.

the fins feel differently than you. He is not ready to start game 1 but he has a ton of upside.

Those that are calling for Floyd or Blackmon are going to be dissappointed. Philbin has made it clear that his offense has no need for a prime #1 target. That is why Marshall was traded. Using the highest pick in the draft to secure the exact same thing would be idiotic.

The pick is obviously Tannehill. The question is will we be willing to pay the necessary price to leap up to secure him.

Back
Top Bottom