2012 NFL Draft Prospects | Page 11 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

2012 NFL Draft Prospects

[h=2]Report: WR Owusu medically cleared by NFL doctor[/h] Posted on: February 9, 2012 3:40 pm
According to at least one doctor within the NFL's Head, Neck and Spine Committee, Stanford wide receiver Chris Owusu is "perfectly normal" and able to "play football now."

Prior to every NFL team's doctors checking out Owusu, the assertion that the former Cardinal receiver is fine has to be taken with a grain of salt. For one, Owusu has had three concussions over the past two seasons, the last of which of which ended his 2011 season on November 5. The concussion (suffered against Oregon State) kept Owusu out of several big games, including Stanford's January 2 Fiesta Bowl matchup against Oklahoma State.
Read entire article:http://rob-rang.blogs.cbssports.com/mcc/blogs/entry/13682485/34772737

Tide S to miss combine … Alabama safety Mark Barron reportedly will the scouting combine after undergoing double hernia surgery. Barron, who is projected to be the first safety off the board this coming April, is expected to be out up to 8 weeks, meaning that he could still have time to go through a private workout prior to the draft, although its not likely that he would be in top physical condition at that time.
Read entire article:http://www.gbnreport.com/

Is Georgia Tech WR Stephen Hill the best big play threat in the draft?
WR Stephen Hill: Georgia Tech (6-5, 205)

GeorgiaTechMiamiFoot5t300-1.jpg
ICONHill can track/adjust to the football.
A tall, long legged wide out who has a decent get off burst for his size. Builds speed as he goes and the further down the field he gets the tougher he is to run with. Showcases good body control when asked to track the football. Locates the throw well, can extend his arms and make acrobatic plays on the football. Knows how to fend off contact down the field. Is a coordinated wide out with good body control, balances himself well when asked to high point the play and can collect himself quickly to go get the football. Showcases "plus" hands at times when asked to pluck off his frame. Exhibits a large set of paws and can snatch cleanly with one hand. However, does have a tendency at times to lose concentration and will put the ball on the ground. Exhibits some wiggle to his game for a bigger receiver with the ball in his hands. Has some natural initial explosion, can change directions and make a cut at full speed, allowing him to side step a defender with the ball in his hands. Exhibits good initial quickness/power as well when asked to side-step/break a tackle in the bubble screen game and is a tough guy initially to bring down.
Read entire article:http://www.nationalfootballpost.com...ll-the-best-big-play-threat-in-the-draft.html

Last edited by a moderator:
Breaking down the top offensive prospects to get the snub from the NFL combine…

QB G.J. Kinne: Tulsa (6-2, 234)
He isn’t nearly as impressive physically as some of the other quarterbacks to get invites. But he is your typical gritty QB prospect who is the son of a coach and in my view will find a way to make a roster and potentially fight for playing time down the line. Also, displays the kind of sneaky arm strength to make all the throws.
GJKinne-1.jpg
ICONKinne is one of the draft's most underrated prospects.
QB Alex Tanney: Monmouth (6-3, 216)
At worst, the guy looks like an intriguing priority free agent with a good amount of upside to his game and could end up warranting a draft pick late on day three.
RB Michael Smith: Utah State (5-9, 205)
An overlooked senior because of the talent in front of him at Utah State but has an NFL skill set and should make a roster. Is compact, displays a good burst and was extremely productive during the regular season.
RB Bryce Brown: Kansas State (6-0, 220)
Watching him run in Lane Kiffin's zone scheme as a freshman, the guy was an impressive back with a lot of natural talent. He was the number one ranked recruit out of high school, ahead of Trent Richardson in 2009 and no doubt has the skill set to play in the league. The biggest question mark for him going forward is his overall character.
Read entire article:http://www.nationalfootballpost.com/NFL-Combine-Snubs-Offense.html

Kiper has Osweiler and BJ Coleman in his Top Five at QB....they just had Kiper and McShay on NFL32 with their QB breakdowns.

Wes Bunting is dead on here in regards to some of the talent that got snubbed from the combine. In fact, I've already pointed out that about 7 of these prospects he listed were players that I'd rather have seen at the combine over some of the players at their positions that did get invites in this thread here...

http://www.finheaven.com/forums/showthread.php?314111-NFL-Combine-Official-Invite-List

I've been touting Michael Smith as one of the most underrated RB talents in this draft since December, and was surprised that none of the talking heads had taken notice of his talent yet.

(post #5)... http://www.finheaven.com/forums/showthread.php?310933-Slimm-s-Gems

As I said, he reminds me of Willie Parker, who was under utilized at North Carolina and a giant sleeper who went undrafted. He ended up being one of the best backs in the league for the Steelers, their team MVP, and ended up with the longest run from scrimmage in superbowl history.

Michael Smith averaged 7.6 YPC for Utah St. this year, and averages 6.7 YPC for his career since coming to Utah St. out of JUCO in 2009. Robert Turbin gets most of the recognition, but this Smith kid is incredible. He probably would've clocked the fastest 40 at the combine of all the RB's. But he's not just fast, he runs hard inside and breaks arm tackles. His second gear once he gets in the open field makes him capable of outrunning most DB's to the endzone. He's also versatile out of the backfield catching passes.

Robert Turbin is a terrific back and I think he can be a Marion Barber type in the NFL. He'll make a great pick for somebody in the 3rd/4th rounds or so. But Michael Smith is one of the most underrated, and unnoticed talents in this draft. He's so much better than Jeff Demps it's not even close, and I just don't understand it.

[h=1]
[/h][h=1]NFL Combine Snubs: Defense[/h]
Breaking down the top defensive prospects to get the snub from the NFL combine…

DE Kentrell Lockett: Mississippi (6-5, 248)
Flashes some real talent, however, his play gets too predictable as a pass rusher and he's still learning the game. Medical is a huge question mark as well, but he looks like a developmental guy at this stage who needs to prove he's healthy.
4801001020229CottonBowlOSUvOleMiss-1.jpg
ICONLockett is a long, lean athlete with some upside.
DT Chigbo Anunoby: Morehouse (6-4, 324)
He's never going to be a "plus" pass rusher in the NFL. However, he's a strong, long kid with a really well proportioned frame who can anchor inside and certainly has the talent to get plenty of looks from both 34 and 43 teams as a developmental big body.

DT Micanor Regis: Miami (6-3, 305)
Improved as a senior. Did a better job keeping his pad level down and using his quickness to get up the field. Could fight his way into an NFL rotation.

OLB Sammy Brown: Houston (6-3, 240)
A highly productive pass rusher who has come a long way since being a JUCO transfer. Has a feel for getting after the passer, exhibits a good burst and closing speed around the edge and is an intriguing 34-type prospect.
Read entire article:http://www.nationalfootballpost.com/NFL-Combine-Snubs-Defense.html

Top 5 Players at Positions of Need:
QB
1. Andrew Luck
2. Robert Griffith III
3. Ryan Tannehill
4. Brandon Weeden
5. Brock Osweiler/Kirk Cousins
WR
1. Justin Blackmon
2. Ashlon Jefferies
3. Kenny Wright
4. Mohamed Sanu
5. Malcolm Floyd(character concerns)
TE
1. Dwayne Allen
2. Coby Fleener
3. Orson Charles
4. Ladarius Green
5. Michael Egnew
OG
1. David DeCastro
2. Cordy Glenn
3. Kevin Zeitler
4. Kelechi Osemele
5. Brandon Washington
DE
1. Quinton Coples
2. Melvin Ingram
3. Courtney Upshaw
4. Whitney Mercilus
5. Andre Branch
*Rating Ingram slightly above Upshaw because I feel he would fit better in a 4-3 base defense
ILB
1. Luke Kuechly
2. Dont’a Hightower
3. Vontaze Burfict
4. Audie Cole
5. Emmanuel Acho
S
1. Mark Barron
2. Harrison Smith
3. George Iloka
4. Antonio Allen
5. Markelle Martin

Last edited by a moderator:
Jayron Hosley & David Wilson are two players that would be great for our team!

Hosley is a true ballhawk with great vision and speed. He is a bit too aggressive at times but has done a great job and Bud Foster thinks he is one of his best CB in a long time.

David Wilson is a small guy that plays like a power back, but yet has game changing speed!

... I hope we can land one of these guys b/c they both are going to have solid pro careers.

Jayron Hosley & David Wilson are two players that would be great for our team!

Hosley is a true ballhawk with great vision and speed. He is a bit too aggressive at times but has done a great job and Bud Foster thinks he is one of his best CB in a long time.

David Wilson is a small guy that plays like a power back, but yet has game changing speed!

... I hope we can land one of these guys b/c they both are going to have solid pro careers.
Hosley is a good player but is CB a position we are going to put a high priority on? David Wilson is definitely a top 5 running back, but, again, I do not think his position is at the top of the list and unless you draft him early he will not be there.

Back
Top Bottom