2013 FINS MOCK OFF SEASON #3 (with commentary) | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

2013 FINS MOCK OFF SEASON #3 (with commentary)

fanfin

Active Roster
Reaction score
Cap Space=47 Million
Cut Dmitri Patterson = 52 million
did an adequate job filling in for the injured Nolan Carroll at the end of the year, but at over 5 million a season I'm out

RE-Sign
Jake Long LT 5 year 52 million (10M$)
I know.. I know... there is simply no better alternative...

Reggie Bush RB 4 year 17 million (4.25 Ms)
a fan favorite who fits very well in the west coast offense.. expect to see december reggie of 2011 with actual professional football players at wide receiver

Nate Garner C/G/T 3 year 4 million (1.3M)
versatile backup who may save us a roster spot due to his versatility

Randy Starks 5 year 25 Million (5M)
no player benefited more from the 3-4 to 4-3 switch than Randy.. a top interior lineman in the league

CB Bryce McCan 1 year 700,000 K (.7M)
I thought he filled in nicely at the end of the year.. provides solid depth

52 Million minus 21.25 million = 30.75 million Cap Space Available

FREE AGENCY
QB Jason Campbell 1 year 2.5 million (2.5M)
the most talented of the veteran backup quarterbacks available good fit in the WCO and will provide Tannehill the veteran presence needed after Matt Moore leaves

WR Greg Jennings 5 year 45 million (9M)
connect the philbin dots.. still one of the top 10 WRs in the game

TE Dustin Keller 4 year 20 million (5M)
dolphins finally get a seam threatening tight end (not named Michael Egnew LOL).. this guy has killed us since he has been with the jets

CB Derek Cox 4 year 22 million (5.5 M)
good size and ball skills, fits Coyles press man scheme well

30.75 Million minus 22 million = 8.75 Million for draft picks and UDFA

NFL DRAFT
1st Round WR Keenan Allen Cal
classic west coast receiver will be a great #2 while learning how to be a tru pro from Bess and Jennings

2nd Round CB Jordan Poyer Oregon State
great ball skills, man skills and adds value into the return game

2nd Round FS Eric Reid LSU
adds a playmaker to the secondary.. played in the SEC.. made big plays in big games

3rd Round WR Aaron Dobson Marshall
one of the more underrated WRs this class

3rd Round DE Corey Lemonier Auburn
adds depth to the pass rush

4th Round LB Jon Bostic Florida
solid depth and potential replacement for Dansby after the 2013 season

5th Round DT Everette Dawkins FSU
adds depth to the rotation of Solaiai Starks Randall

7th Round LB/SS Kenny Tate Maryland
adds depth to the linebacker and special teams units

7th Round QB Jordan Rodgers Vanderbilt
developmental qb, who will battle devlin for #3 job or go on practice squad... oh by the way, he is Aaron Rodger's younger brother

DEPTH CHART
QB1 Tannehill
QB2 Campbell
QB3 Devlin/ Rodgers
RB1 Bush
RB2 Miller
RB3 Thomas
FB Lane
WR1 Jennings
WR2 Allen
WR3 Bess
WR4 Dobson
WR5 Binns
TE1 Keller
TE2 Clay
TE3 Mastrud
LT Long
LG Incognito
C Pouncey
RG Jerry
RT Martin
OL DEPTH (garner, samuda, yeatman)

LE Wake/ Lemonier
DT Starks/Dawkins
NT Solaia/ Randall
RE Odrick/ Vernon
SAM LB Misi/ Trusnik
MIKE LB Dansby/ Bostic
WILL LB Burnett/ Kaddu
CB1 Cox
CB2 Poyer
CB3 Marshall
CB4 Carroll
CB5 McCann
FS Reid
SS Jones
K Carpenter
P Fields
KR/PR Thigpen

:up:

Need a pass rusher higher in the draft before we need two secondary players. Get a good pass rush your secondary does not have to be as good because if you get to the quarterback faster it makes the secondarys job easier. Don't need two WR in the first four picks just one in the first or second round. Re-sign Hartline he is a proven 2nd option to battle it out with our draft pick. Would also like to draft a tightend and spend the 5 mil a year somewhere else.

Dobson in round 3 is a pipe dream. He's more likely going early round 2 with a chance to sneak into round 1

Sorry but Jennings is not a top 10 WR! I would rather sign Wallace a wr in his prime for 11-12 mill than Jennings for 9!

pass rush and secondary are tied together.. with a better secondary our Pass rush will be fine with Wake Odrick Starks Misi and Vernon and Lemonier... Wake had 15 sacks last year Odrick had 5 and vernon and misi both had 3.5 a piece

I like most of what was stated. the glaring miss is we need a starting right guard thru FA or thru the Draft. we will draft a starting one in the draft if we dont get one in FA. This must happen else Rt will be screwed in more ways then one.

I really appreciate you guys taking the time to make entire offseason mocks. It takes research and patience. I like it a lot!

How did you manage to make our secondary worse? You seriously want to roll with Cox, Carroll, McCann Marshall, and a rookie?
No better alternative to resigning Jake Long? How about ... *drumroll* our left tackle Jon Martin whom we already have?
I like the Allen and Reid pick but I don't like going wr again in the 3rd. We have too many young guns at wideout and I think we should turn to FA and sign a guy with a few years under his belt to be our #4 or 5.
Not a huge fan of Lemonier in assisting our pass rush.

The worst part of this whole plan however is the offensive line. Did you not watch us play this year? Why would you want to bring them all back? I shudder at the thought.

I do however like the Keller signing and going after Campbell to help out Tannehill. I just don't think this plan fills enough of the holes we already have.

No to:
Long or Reggie

Bring back Hartline. Bring in Cox/Grimes, and Levitre.

Trade down from 12 to 20 and grab Eifert when he's still there...or C.Patterson. Get a CB, WR and DE in round 2. Get OL and BPA in the 3rd.

Cap Space=47 Million
Cut Dmitri Patterson = 52 million
did an adequate job filling in for the injured Nolan Carroll at the end of the year, but at over 5 million a season I'm out

RE-Sign
Jake Long LT 5 year 52 million (10M$)
I know.. I know... there is simply no better alternative...

Reggie Bush RB 4 year 17 million (4.25 Ms)
a fan favorite who fits very well in the west coast offense.. expect to see december reggie of 2011 with actual professional football players at wide receiver

Nate Garner C/G/T 3 year 4 million (1.3M)
versatile backup who may save us a roster spot due to his versatility

Randy Starks 5 year 25 Million (5M)
no player benefited more from the 3-4 to 4-3 switch than Randy.. a top interior lineman in the league

CB Bryce McCan 1 year 700,000 K (.7M)
I thought he filled in nicely at the end of the year.. provides solid depth

52 Million minus 21.25 million = 30.75 million Cap Space Available

FREE AGENCY
QB Jason Campbell 1 year 2.5 million (2.5M)
the most talented of the veteran backup quarterbacks available good fit in the WCO and will provide Tannehill the veteran presence needed after Matt Moore leaves

WR Greg Jennings 5 year 45 million (9M)
connect the philbin dots.. still one of the top 10 WRs in the game

TE Dustin Keller 4 year 20 million (5M)
dolphins finally get a seam threatening tight end (not named Michael Egnew LOL).. this guy has killed us since he has been with the jets

CB Derek Cox 4 year 22 million (5.5 M)
good size and ball skills, fits Coyles press man scheme well

30.75 Million minus 22 million = 8.75 Million for draft picks and UDFA

NFL DRAFT
1st Round WR Keenan Allen Cal
classic west coast receiver will be a great #2 while learning how to be a tru pro from Bess and Jennings

2nd Round CB Jordan Poyer Oregon State
great ball skills, man skills and adds value into the return game

2nd Round FS Eric Reid LSU
adds a playmaker to the secondary.. played in the SEC.. made big plays in big games

3rd Round WR Aaron Dobson Marshall
one of the more underrated WRs this class

3rd Round DE Corey Lemonier Auburn
adds depth to the pass rush

4th Round LB Jon Bostic Florida
solid depth and potential replacement for Dansby after the 2013 season

5th Round DT Everette Dawkins FSU
adds depth to the rotation of Solaiai Starks Randall

7th Round LB/SS Kenny Tate Maryland
adds depth to the linebacker and special teams units

7th Round QB Jordan Rodgers Vanderbilt
developmental qb, who will battle devlin for #3 job or go on practice squad... oh by the way, he is Aaron Rodger's younger brother

DEPTH CHART
QB1 Tannehill
QB2 Campbell
QB3 Devlin/ Rodgers
RB1 Bush
RB2 Miller
RB3 Thomas
FB Lane
WR1 Jennings
WR2 Allen
WR3 Bess
WR4 Dobson
WR5 Binns
TE1 Keller
TE2 Clay
TE3 Mastrud
LT Long
LG Incognito
C Pouncey
RG Jerry
RT Martin
OL DEPTH (garner, samuda, yeatman)

LE Wake/ Lemonier
DT Starks/Dawkins
NT Solaia/ Randall
RE Odrick/ Vernon
SAM LB Misi/ Trusnik
MIKE LB Dansby/ Bostic
WILL LB Burnett/ Kaddu
CB1 Cox
CB2 Poyer
CB3 Marshall
CB4 Carroll
CB5 McCann
FS Reid
SS Jones
K Carpenter
P Fields
KR/PR Thigpen

:up:
Not realistic in my opinion.

Long is gone. Face it.

Starks? 5yr 25 mil????? Try doubling this contract and you will be closer to reality.?? He may walk as well. You do realize that he going to the Pro Bowl again, right?

Campbell?? Dolphins don't need to spend millions on a backup QB. Devlin has had time to develop and Philbin has publicly praised him; also, there are some nice looking prospects who probably won't get drafted this year. If the Dolphins have the #3 spot open they should be able to attract the best undrafted free agent available.

I really hate the Keller signing. IMO, this guy is nothing but a bad WR. He has almost the worst drop percentage of any TE in the league over the last 3 years and he a horseshat blocker. Yuck!!
Does sound like something Ireland would do though.

Kaddu won't make the team. He is literally a joke on the field.

John Jerry returning at RG?? Oh the horror

Sounds like Marshall is getting cut. That was some serious back surgery he had. I want him back to play nickel but, his contract is wayyy too high. It was wayyyy too high to begin with. Maybe he will get healthy and take a big pay cut. Doubt it.

I've written too much.

All in all, great effort man. This offseason is going to bear. What do we have, 20 FA's to deal with?

The secondary has to be rebuilt and it is going to be a helluva job to do it. Thank God the FA market is loaded with CB's this year.

If the offseason plays out like you suggest I'll not be very excited for the season.

Back
Top Bottom