2013 schedule.... | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

2013 schedule....

hab321

Active Roster
Reaction score
Sorry if this has been posted, but I searched around and found our opponents for next year. Seems like a tough schedule:

Home- NE, Buf, NYJ, Baltimore, Cincinnati, Atlanta, Carolina

Away- NE, Buf, NYJ, Cleveland, Pittburgh, New Orleans, Tampa

If we win Sunday and Jets lose we host San Diego and travel to Indianapolis (second place AFC west and south)
If we lose Sunday and Jets win host Oakland and travel to Tennessee (third place AFC west and south)

*from The Phinsider

people probably looked at the colts and redskins as cake walks, and probably looked at the saints as a tough team last year. you can't tell how hard a schedule will be until the games are played. injuries, the draft, free agency all play way too much into it.

Tough, I don't think so. The Fins should be very competitive in every game next year. None of these teams make me think we don't have a chance against them. Our biggest problem is stopping high powered passing offenses, so New England, New Orleans and Atlanta will be a concern. We need to fix our secondary by acquing two NEW CBs. The CBs on our roster are good nickel/dime depth players only, we don't have any quality starting CBs yet. They have to aggressively address this concern this year if they want to not only make the playoffs but go deep into the playoffs. That's right, I'm talking PLAYOFFS next year.

Hab321...What happens if both teams win or lose this Sunday, then who are the two wild card teams we play?

A third-place finish would give Miami an easier schedule next year. You can say that no one knows until games are played, but it's pretty clear that Andrew Luck has the Colts in the right direction and the Radiers are always a huge mess.

Having said that, I want a second place finish. Not only because it means the Dolphins likely win on Sunday, but I want a rematch with Luck next year. Put it in Prime Time.

A third-place finish would give Miami an easier schedule next year. You can say that no one knows until games are played, but it's pretty clear that Andrew Luck has the Colts in the right direction and the Radiers are always a huge mess.

Having said that, I want a second place finish. Not only because it means the Dolphins likely win on Sunday, but I want a rematch with Luck next year. Put it in Prime Time.

Titans steamrolled us... I'll take my chances Vs. the Colts. Plus, it would be cool to have a budding rivalry between Luck and Tannehill.

If you have a good team it shouldn't matter, New England seems to handle their schedule just fine every season.

Just moved to Tampa, very excited to see the Fins on the road next year!!

At the end of the day, it comes down to whether or not Ireland nails this years off-season. It really is massive. 50million cap space, 5 picks in the first rounds, he really has no excuses if he fails this time around.

The schedule looks winnable at this point but who knows.. maybe the steelers will be a super bowl contender next year there is no telling with them, and all 4 of those nfc south teams could be competitive next year. Lets just see how the off-season goes first.

tougher schedule next year yes...but be glad we got our throw away season out of the way this year with tannehill...we'll be better for it next year...this teams about ready to turn the corner...and it will be that qb that does it...

big things coming for #17

Assuming we make 3 or 4 upgrades at the skill positions (big assumption) I see 9 wins at least.

"Hab321...What happens if both teams win or lose this Sunday, then who are the two wild card teams we play? "

I'm guessing it boils down to second or third place finish. Since we're a game up on the jets if we both win or both lose, we'll be in second place.
(sorry didn't get back earlier, stuck at work).

That's not an easy schedule at all, at least at this point. Things change fast in the NFL. But right not it looks pretty hard both at home and on the road.

Ozzy rules!!

I wouldn't worry about this just yet. If we don't make a big 'splash' this off-season then it will be time to hit the panic button come May/June.

Also, If we're going by strength of schedule, then it is not that much more difficult than our schedule this year. Our sos this year is going to end up being somewhere around .490-.500 and next year's sos will be around .500-.510 (I'm assuming we will play the Colts and the Chargers next year, that latter of whom hasn't won at our place since the "Epic in Miami").

Last edited by a moderator:
Back
Top Bottom