2015-2016 NBA Thread

Discussion in 'Other Sports' started by DuderinoN703, Oct 2, 2015.

1. DuderinoN703

DuderinoN703 We? What the **** we? Finheaven VIP Donator

3-4 in the Finals though. That makes a difference especially when you claim LeBron gets his teammates involved.

2. hoops

hoops exited stage left

Lebron short of when he was with miami hasnt had anywhere close to the same level teams around him as jordan had...and lebrons the only reason his teams have made the finals 6 straight years now

Hes one of those guys where just about any team can make the finals in the east if hes on the roster...hes proven that...who else can you even begin to say that about?

Hes also the most well rounded player in the game...his biggest weakness is probably his intermediate jumper

Those last 3 finals games he just decided to take over thus you saw the effort in transition on d from his younger years and the mindset of attacking the rim and not settling...its silly what that guys capable of...guarding 4 different positions...triple doubles with ease cause of how well he sees the floor and makes correct decisions with the ball and how efficient a scorer he is while elevating everyone elses play around him in the process

3. FSU Truth

FSU Truth The North Remembers Finheaven VIP

Wait...Labron the greatest ever....holy ****....

Labron is the greatest this Gen, but Jordan is still on another level.

Even trying to make the arguments is laughable.

Let remember that those teams without Jordan exited in the second round in the playoffs and were a 500 team, Jordan comes back and the teams is almost back to there old self, this is with Jordan taking a year and a half off...make the..make it to the semi's...

Next year begin the next 3 peat.

Jordan carried that team and the only reason we know who any of them are is because of Jordan...

4. Buddy

Buddy Right Wing Nut Job Moderator Finheaven VIP

Yeah, as a Knicks fan, I hated that MF but he was on another planet with a basketball. Labron is very good but Jordan was still much, much better for much longer.

Sent from my SM-N920V using Tapatalk

5. DuderinoN703

Top 5-10 player all-time but not the best. It's difficult to compare players in different eras as it is. If he's so great have him play in the West where they actually have numerous threats to win the title. Also do it without recruiting all-stars to the team every time. If he's so good he should be able to get it done with anyone.

6. FSU Truth

FSU Truth The North Remembers Finheaven VIP

One of the things I think always gets lost is how good of a defender Jordan was as well. IT wasn't that he was a scorer who played defense, he was rated as one of the best defenders of his era.

7. Buddy

Buddy Right Wing Nut Job Moderator Finheaven VIP

I have seen a lot of great players in my 43 years. From Magic to Larry Bird to LeBron to Curry to Shaq and Kobe but no one has been better in my lifetime than Michael Jordan. It really isn't even close. He was an absolute beast in the biggest games with it all on the line. There has been no greater clutch player in my opinion.

Sent from my SM-N920V using Tapatalk

8. scodoublet

scodoublet Anywhere. Anytime. Donator

Can I be happy that Cleveland finally won, but still wished King James would have lost?
    Is that bipolar?

9. Mike13

Mike13 I am a golden god

And Lebron carried the Cavs down from being behind 3 games to one in the NBA Finals. He is absolutely Jordan's equal.

10. hoops

hoops exited stage left

yep

and before he's done LeBron may have 6 championships of his own...although the mileage on him in 13 years as a pro is ghastly...so far he's avoided any major injury but at 6 foot 8 and 260 and with his physical game at some point he's gonna start getting nicked up

those last 3 games of this finals were every bit jordans equal...every bit

kobe shouldn't even be in this conversation cause he was a volume scorer...shoot 35 times and make 13 type while his teammates stand around and watch cause he's taking the damn air out of the ball

11. mrhankey81701

mrhankey81701 A True Fan

Jay Bilas had a great quote about comparing athletes, something along the lines of "if the stop watch wasn't invented people would claim Mark Spitz swam faster than Michael Phelps."

Jordan played in a different era than Lebron James where hand checking was allowed. He also was asked to do different things, generally ran more isolation plays where Lebron runs more high pick action. If Jordan played in today's game he would definitely have shot more 3s, and would have been an even more efficient scorer. Lebron James would have gotten hit a lot more in Jordan's era, imagine him going to the rim against Laimbeer. You also have to remember that Jordan lost 2 of his prime years due to his gambling suspension errr I mean minor league baseball career.

Lebron James is the more talented of the two, he can do things physically that Michael couldn't. Their prime years are very comparable similar TS%, WS/48, BPM, and VORP. However, given the choice of the two in a game 7 I would go with Jordan every time.

12. DuderinoN703

They didn't win solely because of him. Kyrie Irving played well. Other guys made shots, got rebounds, had assists, etc. James didn't win it alone.

13. ChambersWI

ChambersWI Owner of the Palace of Wisdom Finheaven VIP Donator

It was interesting to watch the draft tonight and hear analysts who have been against the age limit in the draft, actually saying freshmen need to be smarter when it comes to declaring

14. Spesh

Spesh #freespesh

http://espn.go.com/nba/story/_/id/16597961/sam-hinkie-just-win-tale-process-ultimate-fall

I'm not a Sixers fan but i was a supporter of "The Process" and was bummed Hinkie got fired. I was especially disappointed by how it went down, as he really didn't deserve to have his resignation letter immediately leaked.

That said, with this Ben Simmons selection and Philly's rumored interest in Harrison Barnes, im fascinated on how that team looks going forward. I'd love to hear from PhinsPhan11 and any other fans opinions on the state of the franchise.

15. PhinsPhan11

PhinsPhan11 Phins & Philly Sports

I was really disappointed by the way he was pushed out the door. I'm pretty sure Jerry Colangelo was the one who leaked the resignation letter. I don't have any proof, it's just a gut feeling.

I think the Sixers have a positive outlook as things stand now. They have a group of very intriguing players in Simmons, Embiid, Noel, Okafor, and Saric. Right now, their biggest holes are a point guard and a consistent shooter. They could fill one of those needs through trade because I don't think the Sixers are going to have Noel and Okafor to start the season.

I'm also interested in who they go after in free agency. I saw they might get a meeting with Derozan, but I'm not expecting much from that. I get the feeling that they're going to throw a ton of money at Harrison Barnes.

16. Perfect23

Perfect23 A True Fan

Michael Jordan was also never down 3-1 in the Finals to begin with, why? Because MJ never would of allowed it. Saying LeBron is better than MJ is like saying tofu taste like Spaghetti and Meatballs.

17. ChambersWI

Honestly, the 2014 draft really set the process back. THe 6ers have 2 lottery picks, and neither have played a game yet. Embiid and Saric may be great but that team needed at least one guy to come in and help, especially since Noel missed the entire season the year before.

Plus my opinion on Hinkie changed after hearing Adam Schein interview Brett Brown. He didn't trash Hinkie, but absolutely felt bad for what he had to deal with the last 2 years.

18. mrhankey81701

mrhankey81701 A True Fan

Damn, OJ Mayo banned from the league for at least 2 years for violating the substance abuse program

19. PhinsPhan11

PhinsPhan11 Phins & Philly Sports

He had a good amount of promise, so it's sad to see what happened to him now.

20. finomenal

finomenal A True Fan

You're really comparing the Bulls championship teams to LeBron's latest championship team? You do realize Pippen and the rest of their team are collectively better than Irving and Love, right? Jordan also played on bad teams and got knocked out of the playoffs multiple times early in his career, but no one ever talks about that.

Last edited by a moderator: Jul 1, 2016
  21. Perfect23

Perfect23 A True Fan

LeBron james playing the bad boys today would of cried and complained about every little thing one player on those Pistons teams did, Jordan had to go through them and was as tough as them.

22. finomenal

finomenal A True Fan

You don't know what LeBron would have done if he lived and played in that era. Things change as time passes, including the rules and what players were able to get away with.

23. Mike13

Mike13 I am a golden god

24. ChambersWI

Dwyane Wade plans to sign with Chicago

25. Kdawg954

Kdawg954 Paint on My Hands from Paintin the Pefect Picture Finheaven VIP Donator

As much as I will always be thankful to have watched Wade in Miami, I am content with this decision on both ends. Wade will always be a legend down here. I also think Wade did not mesh well with Dragic and Riley probably feels he's in a better place with Dragic's youth and contract and his best days are still to come. Wade wanting 3 years out of Miami at 20 million plus was just too much . . . Nobody gave him the third year option.

I am content with watching Rook One and Rook Two taking their next steps. This day was coming soon anyways, glad we didn't strap a bad contract on top of the uncertainity of Bosh. We still have a chance at big things next offseason.

26. Mike13

Mike13 I am a golden god

The end of an era.

27. ChambersWI

and if worse comes to worse, 2017 is supposed to be loaded in terms of draft class.

28. Kdawg954

Kdawg954 Paint on My Hands from Paintin the Pefect Picture Finheaven VIP Donator

Bosh is key, if he is healthy, Miami should be a playoff team. But lets say Bosh is finished, they'll be a lottery team and they would also free up 60 to 70 million in cap space for 2017.

As tough as this seems, it's the right move for both parties. Miami did not want a Kobe/Lakers situation, especially with the uncertainity of Bosh lingering.

I read reports that there may be some Wade jerseys burnt . . . Not a chance in hell, he'll always be loved down here.

29. cullenbigcstill

cullenbigcstill FinHeaven VIP Finheaven VIP

I agree its best for both parties that awade left. His efficiency ratings have dropped past few years, and last year was lower than rookie year. His game is predicated on athleticism and hes losing that.

Chicago overpaid for him and i find it amusing they think they are gettin 2008-2010 Wade, when really they are not. Also, it will probably be a disaster back court with ball hog Rondo and young scorer Butler whom none can shoot from the outside. I will always love Wade, but im certainly rooting against the bulls, well ive always rooted against them for obvious reasons but now moreso.

I love the Derrick Williams gamble, hes a career bench rotation guy with tremendous athleticism and a solid corner three point shooter, he is a really good defender as well and will fit in well subbing in at both the 3 amd the 4 in traditional and small ball lineups.

Sent from my SM-G930P using Tapatalk

30. DuderinoN703

Does Golden State go 80-2 this year? Maybe.

31. cullenbigcstill

No way tjey break last years record, too much ego, no big man i say they'll be lucky to win 65 and be in the Finals.

32. DuderinoN703

19 years and 5 rings. Tim Duncan is the best PF ever. Thank you TD :)

33. Kdawg954

When people talk top 5 all time, I have no issues with anybody putting Timmy in that group, especially if you are under the age of 30.

Indeed the greatest PF of all time.

34. ChambersWI

Tim Duncan has never missed a playoff either, he made 4 NCAA tournaments and then made the playoff every year in the NBA

35. DuderinoN703

The numbers with the Spurs since 1997 are out of this world. 18 of 19 seasons of 50+ wins ('99 they had 37 b/c of the 50 game season). Playoffs every year. Winning percentage of .710 which is the best in all 4 major American sports in that time span. I've been completely spoiled by San Antonio ever since I was in 10th grade in 1997. The Dolphins have done absolutely nothing in that time span so now it's time they quit ****ing around and start winning.

SA will still be very good and will be a contender in the West. But the Dolphins need to be relevant again. Timmy and Co. have carried my sports fandom up until this point.

36. finomenal

finomenal A True Fan

37. cullenbigcstill

We just stole Dion Waiters, good talent. We have a lot of young talent.