Bumpus

Looks at bottle ... *sigh*
Super Donator
Club Member
Reaction score
My Pens stole Phil Kessel from Toronto.

S.C.H.W.C.

How'd your team do today?

Congrats! on stealing the only NHL player I have ever heard of apart from Mr Carrie Underwood! :p

Congrats! on stealing the only NHL player I have ever heard of apart from Mr Carrie Underwood! :p

Ever?!?

Not even Gretzky/Lemieux/Orr ... or the recently departed Gordie "Mr. Hockey" Howe?

Wow. I guess hockey ain't very big in the UK.

... More current - Not even Crosby/Ovechkin? :idk:

you guys would have won without him - wait till that cancer starts to spread... and that contract... good luck with that -

Most level headed Leafs fans hate Kessel mostly for them missing out on Tyler Seguin and Dougie Hamilton (speaking of which, the Bruins sure love to give up young players no?).

Not saying I know the whole story, but Kessel in Pittsburgh gets to be one of the guys, he doesn't have to be the guy. I think that helps out.

But Toronto has been a team that has been so poorly ran for years. I think they've got the right people in charge to right the ship, but it wasn't all Kessel

Most level headed Leafs fans hate Kessel mostly for them missing out on Tyler Seguin and Dougie Hamilton (speaking of which, the Bruins sure love to give up young players no?).

Not saying I know the whole story, but Kessel in Pittsburgh gets to be one of the guys, he doesn't have to be the guy. I think that helps out.

But Toronto has been a team that has been so poorly ran for years. I think they've got the right people in charge to right the ship, but it wasn't all Kessel

You're right about TO finally have the right fellers calling the shots now. Would Kessel have fit under this new regime? No chance. So in some respects, you're right about it not being all Kessel's fault but going forward, he would never have been part of the Lamma/Shanaplan.

dc17e3883558cdde50afc4b90ca8a3f6.jpg
GREAT trade for my Devs getting Taylor Hall for Adam Larsson. I'm gonna miss Lars, he's gonna be great for Edmonton, but we needed a player like Hall SO bad... Pumped to have a dynamic offensive talent back in our lineup again!

Larrson is a good defensemen, but the Oilers are proving why they're the Oilers.

Also PK Subban was traded to Nashville for Shea Weber

Larrson is a good defensemen, but the Oilers are proving why they're the Oilers.

Also PK Subban was traded to Nashville for Shea Weber

Edmonton just drafted another talented winger very high (Puljujärvi) and just signed Milan Lucic to play a top six role. i definitely think the Devils came out on top in that trade, but Larsson is on his way to being an upper-echelon top two defenseman and apparently Taylor Hall was the bargaining chip it took to land him. at the end of the day, the forward group is still deep and the defense got more talented. remains to be seen if the formula is a winner, but they had to try something new.

Back
Top Bottom