2016 AFC playoff predictions: South, West appear wide open | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

2016 AFC playoff predictions: South, West appear wide open

j-off-her-doll

Super Donator
Club Member
Reaction score
Vote Summary by division:

AFC East

Patriots 20

AFC North

Steelers 16

Bengals 4

AFC South

Texans 11

Jaguars 4

Titans 3

Colts 2

AFC West

Chiefs 12

Raiders 6

Broncos 2

The Broncos should win the AFC West. They have the best D by a wide margin, the running game should be much improved, and the QB play should be no worse than 2015/16 (the year they won a Super Bowl!). While they lost ILB's and Malik Jackson, they return their core defenders, and the secondary should be even better. In the AFC, it's New England, Denver, and everyone else - again. John Elway is one of the top 3 or 4 GM's in the game, and the Broncos are loaded and very well coached. This is the offense that made Matt Schaub look very good. Alex Smith is a good QB, and KC has a good team. I expect them to take a WC spot, but Denver's D might be the best unit in the NFL. They were in 2015/16. I don't see the Raiders making the playoffs. I'd put the Bengals, Ravens, and Jets in front of them. Because of the D, I like Houston to take South, but that division truly is wide open.

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap30...ayoff-predictions-south-west-appear-wide-open

I'd think the Texans take the South and Broncos the West. Its all about run and D. Neither QB will be great by any means. But Lamar Miller in particular should explode in Houston

2016 NFC playoff predictions: East should be hotly contested

NFC East

Giants 7
Cowboys 6
Washington 4
Eagles 3

NFC North

Packers 19
Vikings 1

NFC South

Panthers 20

NFC West

Cardinals 12
Seahawks 8

I have Seattle winning the West, but Arizona has a great shot. Look for Seattle's D and Russell Wilson to make the difference. Not surprised to see Carolina sweep the votes for the South. Tampa Bay should improve, but no other D in that division comes close to Carolina + Cam Newton. I'll take Washington's offense and improved D to make them more consistent than the Giants or Cowboys. If healthy, Green Bay strolls through the North. Minnesota still has a shot at a WC, though. I'd watch for Tampa Bay, Dallas, NYG, and Minnesota to fight over one WC slot - with the 2nd team in the West much better than anyone in this group.

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap30...ff-predictions-east-should-be-hotly-contested

Eagles are a long shot to even break 500...rookie QB, and Doug ****ing Peterson (for those who have seen that video rant)

AFC South look intriguing...Colts actually look like they could be the worst team in the division. That roster is trash mixed with a little dumpster juice...I almost feel like Luck should have went into free agency just to get out of the toxic situation.

Eagles are a long shot to even break 500...rookie QB, and Doug ****ing Peterson (for those who have seen that video rant)

AFC South look intriguing...Colts actually look like they could be the worst team in the division. That roster is trash mixed with a little dumpster juice...I almost feel like Luck should have went into free agency just to get out of the toxic situation.

Outside of QB, the Colts might have the worst team in the NFL.

I don't have a high opinion of Brock Osweiler at all, and Peyton was clearly unable to physically function last season, but I think it's optimistic to think that Trevor Siemian will play as well as those two did.

I don't have a high opinion of Brock Osweiler at all, and Peyton was clearly unable to physically function last season, but I think it's optimistic to think that Trevor Siemian will play as well as those two did.

Could not be worse than Manning. I'll bet you 5k in vCash the Broncos have a better Quarterback rating in 2016 than they did in 2015.

I'm going with a Denver win tonight 20-17.

The running game does enough to put the QB in relatively favorable position, and the D takes it at home.

If Carolina plays a patient game and keeps the ball on the ground, and uses Newton in the read/option, Carolina has a great shot to win the game. I just don't trust Mike Shula and Newton to be patient enough to beat this Denver team.

Newton is gonna have another rough game and no more Josh Norman, their DBs are both rookies, will be easy to beat if denver can run the ball and use play action. Denver wins

I'm going with a Denver win tonight 20-17.

The running game does enough to put the QB in relatively favorable position, and the D takes it at home.

If Carolina plays a patient game and keeps the ball on the ground, and uses Newton in the read/option, Carolina has a great shot to win the game. I just don't trust Mike Shula and Newton to be patient enough to beat this Denver team.

I hate to say it but I just dont see a strong team ahead of NE in the AFC in light of the QB situation in Denver.

Think they might yet again be an AFC representative.

I hate to say it but I just dont see a strong team ahead of NE in the AFC in light of the QB situation in Denver.

Think they might yet again be an AFC representative.

I think Denver will be a similar team with a better offense ny year's end. We'll see. Rough start against Carolina. D better make a play, or it could be over early.

I think Denver will be a similar team with a better offense ny year's end. We'll see. Rough start against Carolina. D better make a play, or it could be over early.

Good point - as the year goes on.

See that block for CJ. Thats what a hole looks like for a RB to run through. Almost forgot what those look like in Miami.

Alot of people picked Pittsburgh for the superbowl. They might be better then New England

Back
Top Bottom