2016 Fantasy Football Miami Dolphins Analysis (Who ya Got?)

Discussion in 'Fantasy Sports' started by Phinfan31, Jul 26, 2016.

?

Who do you plan to target among all Dolphins in FF2016?

Poll closed Aug 25, 2016.
  1. Ryan Tannehill

12.5%
  2. Jay Ajayi

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  3. Arian Foster

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  4. Kenyan Drake

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  5. Devante Parker

62.5%
  6. Jarvis Landry

50.0%
  7. Jordan Cameron

12.5%
  8. Kicker

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
Multiple votes are allowed.
  1. Phinfan31

Phinfan31 A True Fan Donator

Its almost that time. Preseason will be upon us soon and Fantasy Football speculation is beginning to heat up. So...when our Dolphins are on the clock and they present the value...who better to know than us, right?
    Do you avoid Dolphins at all costs? Or do you believe that your knowledge serves as a competitive edge and try to always select one Phin per team?

As for me...I can't help it. I have to have at least one each season in order to have something additional to root for if we are losing the game...lol

SO...lets debate about our team from a Fantasy perspective for a change:

• Question 1 - If you had to predict - among Miami Dolphins - which player will have the best production in contested/time-share positions? (WR/RB/TE)
    • Question 2 - If you had to predict - among ALL NFL players - which Miami Dolphin will be the BEST compared to ALL OTHER players at their specific position?
    • Question 3 - What do you make of our Defense as far as scoring potential this year? Based on our matchup's, etc...are they worthy of riding out the season or only as a streaming D?
    • Question 4 (For the "queezy's ONLY - If you REFUSE to pick Dolphin's) If you were FORCED to pick a Miami Dolphin position for your fantasy football team - who would it be?
    And lastly, predict the final season ending ranking for each top performer, by position, with the rest of the league:
    ---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    QB - Ryan Tannehill?

RB - Jay Ajayi, Arian Foster, Kenyan Drake?

WR - Jarvis Landry, Devante Parker, Kenny Stills, Leante Caroo?

TE - Jordan Cameron, Dion Sims?

Miami Dolphins DEF?

Kicker? (lol I sure hope not)
    ---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

As for me:

Question 1: RB - Jay Ajayi, WR - Devante Parker, TE - Jordan Cameron

Analysis: RB was a tough one for me. I'm just not sure how its going to play out. I predict that Ajayi will be the better yardage back. But with Foster serving the role we expect him to....might he also be taking the bulk of the goalline carries? If so...I might have to reconsider my choice...as I expect us to have a great deal more redzone conversions this year with the tall weapons of Parker/Cameron/Caroo...defenses are going to play the pass more than they used to on us. I don't know how you guys feel about WR, but IMO Devante Parker is going to be BEAST. I mean...just look at his highlight video again. This guy did it in college, and he did it for us...coming back from an injury and ill-prepared...he has LIT IT UP on both occasions. Imagine if he improves on last years performance? He surely will in a better system and more time to prepare....with Gase's system I fully expect him to serve the role of Demariyus Thomas. With TE I think its a no brainer here...Cameron is the choice barring injury...but is he going to be decent or GREAT???

Question 2: TE - Jordan Cameron

Analysis: Yes. You heard me right...I know that most of you are going to predict one of the skill positions...hell, maybe our D? But I'm going out on a limb here, and say that Jordan Cameron is going to return to form as he was in Cleveland and actually significantly IMPROVE on those numbers in Gase's system. I had Julius Thomas during Peytons record season...so I may be bias here...but we saw what happened to JT when he left Gase's system. I think Cameron has the potential to be the best among all others at HIS POSITION. Will he be #1? No...but I expect him to be a top10 for sure, possibly top 5. Can we say that about any other position on this team? (Right now I'm strongly considering taking Cameron late in the draft. Please offer your opinions.)

Question 3: Defense?

Analysis: I take the D often because its a low-risk pick late in the draft...meaning I am not giving up a star player, and those picks can be hit or miss. I figure I get value if the unit pans out, and if it doesn't...our D isn't going to be absolutely awful, right? I can stream another D with a good matchup on the weeks MIA has the Pat's or another tough offense. But this year ....I'm not sure what to make of us? Our LB's and secondary are big questions....and our D-Line has 2 big ego's. If everyone returns to form and has great seasons we could be nasty...but will that convert to scoring or not? I'm not sure what to make of this pick. You guys tell me.

Rankings by TOP player @ each position in total points scored by season end: *Please note that if you answered #2 - this should be reflected here.

QB - Tannehill - #8 among all QB's
    RB - Ajayi - #20 among all RB's (I used Cincy's 2015 duo as a basis for this prediction)
    WR - Parker - #11 among all WR's
    TE - Cameron - #5 among all TE's (breakout)
    Miami DEF - #14 among DEF's

I hope for a lot of activity in this thread. Lets help each other plan our draft targets. Best of luck to you guys this season!

So...Who ya Got? I'd also love to know WHICH ROUND you guys are planning to target your guys!

EDIT: ATTENTION MOD's - Can you please add options "Miami DEF," and "NONE" to the poll I created? I'd appreciate it. Thanks.

Last edited by a moderator: Jul 26, 2016
  2. Travis34

Travis34 chea Finheaven VIP Donator

Well, I think Landry will be the most highly drafted phin (especially for ppr). Parker will fly a bit under the radar but has a lot higher potential than Landry imo..

I don't know what to think of our rb situation, I don't think it's a good bet. Everyone will get a decent amount of snaps probably

I think Tannehill could be a good mid-late round flier.. i don't expect him to go too early.

Defense... Ehh.... If I need a spare I guess I would pick us. Low risk / high reward maybe? But as far as individual players (which I prefer) Reshad Jones is option A, B, and C. Kiko could be a good low key pick up

3. D0lphan72

D0lphan72 War... War never changes Finheaven VIP Donator

I'm so sick of people hyping up devante Parker on fantasy football. I want him for myself and I don't want other people chasing him.

4. Phinfan31

Phinfan31 A True Fan Donator

Hey Mod's - this is B******T.

I spent a long time on this thread and it includes predicting stats/performances/starting roles our of players. IT IS NOT ABOUT MANGING LINEUPS or otherwise. Anyone - even those who don't know or care about Fantasy can contribute.

This section (Fantasy) gets ABSOUTELY NO TRAFFIC. Look at how often a thread is created. Are you kidding me?

We can have a thread in the MIA FOOTBALL MAIN SECTION that SIMPLY says "DONATE" and NOTHING MORE...but we can't have my thread? Really? During the OFF-season?

Unbelievable...

Please move this post back to the main forum please. Or would you rather I simply REMOVE THE WORDS FANTASY everywhere they are found and RE-POST it in the main forum??? Because if I did that - the thread would be NO DIFFERENT but would "comply with the rulse".

I've been here for 13 YEARS. I spent over an hour on that thread because I'm not a good writer. Please don't waste my time on something I am passionate about. If you simply saw the thread title and moved it then I apologize, but if you read it - and DISregarded my kind request to help me with my poll and just moved it like trash to this deadzone then thats a slap in my face...
    ?
    Can someone please help? Or do I really need to re-create this thread without the words "fantasy"?

Last edited by a moderator: Jul 27, 2016