2017/2018 CFB Playoff Rankings | Page 5 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

2017/2018 CFB Playoff Rankings

Hey you know me I keep pretty quiet. The stiffbreeze knuckleheads around here started this little session. Not me.

I'm ready to go now though so let's go. We're probably not gonna get to see Bama do the walking while Miami is laying on their back doing the talking on the field like it used to be. This may be all there is to it...a bunch of talk right here in this forum.
Who would that be?

I have to laugh that there was any mention of Ohio State in this thread. Talk about frauds. You don't reward vulnerability. Only morons do that. Once Ohio State fell 18 points behind Penn State at home it basically didn't matter what they did from that point forth. They were certified frauds.

Once J.T. Barrett leaves that program it will be like Ohio State and Urban Meyer come off a 3-year probation. And I'll be sad because so many easy wagering opportunities are out the window. Last week Ohio State was actually bet up from -16 to -21 at Iowa.

J.T. Barrett missed the point spread by 52 points. Hmmm. I'm not sure that's a record for him.

I had Miami against Virginia Tech but this week I'm playing Notre Dame over the Canes. There's no way those two opponents should be considered roughly equal but that's the way it is being treated. Virginia Tech opened as small favorite at Miami and now Notre Dame is -3 at the same site a week later.

Sorry, there is a much greater gap between Virginia Tech and Notre Dame than those numbers suggest. The Canes are much improved and high in confidence but there are still holes all over the roster. If we played Alabama I honestly feel we might get beat by the same type of score that Clemson put on the 2015 team. I know that sounds ridiculous but Miami would be shellshocked and games like that tend to snowball.

This is a stepping stone season for the Canes. Lots of wins but once you are exposed the loss doesn't have to be competitive. I think Notre Dame will mostly push us around. The Canes need huge plays. That's not impossible with guys like Richards out there.

Same top 4. Miami moves up to #7. Win this week and we should crack the top 4 IMO although #5 Oklahoma plays #6 TCU so that winner will also get consideration.

ND 4 point favorites

You know what I'd love to see. 2 ACC vs 2 SEC teams. Very possible. If Miami takes Notre dame out that's what I'm looking at

I have to laugh that there was any mention of Ohio State in this thread. Talk about frauds. You don't reward vulnerability. Only morons do that. Once Ohio State fell 18 points behind Penn State at home it basically didn't matter what they did from that point forth. They were certified frauds.

Once J.T. Barrett leaves that program it will be like Ohio State and Urban Meyer come off a 3-year probation. And I'll be sad because so many easy wagering opportunities are out the window. Last week Ohio State was actually bet up from -16 to -21 at Iowa.

J.T. Barrett missed the point spread by 52 points. Hmmm. I'm not sure that's a record for him.

I had Miami against Virginia Tech but this week I'm playing Notre Dame over the Canes. There's no way those two opponents should be considered roughly equal but that's the way it is being treated. Virginia Tech opened as small favorite at Miami and now Notre Dame is -3 at the same site a week later.

Sorry, there is a much greater gap between Virginia Tech and Notre Dame than those numbers suggest. The Canes are much improved and high in confidence but there are still holes all over the roster. If we played Alabama I honestly feel we might get beat by the same type of score that Clemson put on the 2015 team. I know that sounds ridiculous but Miami would be shellshocked and games like that tend to snowball.

This is a stepping stone season for the Canes. Lots of wins but once you are exposed the loss doesn't have to be competitive. I think Notre Dame will mostly push us around. The Canes need huge plays. That's not impossible with guys like Richards out there.

Although I do agree this is a stepping stone season, I think that thinking the defense would give up the amount of points that 2015 team gave up to Clemson, especially a team with question marks on offense like Bama, is quite the slap to the face to this years team.

I would never put Manny Diaz's defenses in the same breath as those Al Golden/Mark D'onofrio defenses from back then.

I agree that Notre Dame has shown to be the better team this year and are deserving favorites, but it is hardly a lock game considering this will be a primetime game in Miami and like you said Miami has the capability to put up huge plays with some of its weapons like Thomas and Richards.

Here is the full list

1) Georgia
2) Alabama
3) Notre Dame
4) Clemson
5) Oklahoma
6) TCU
7) Miami
8) Wisconsin
9) Washington
10) Auburn
11) USC
12) Michigan State
13) Ohio State
14) Penn State
15) Oklahoma State
16) Mississippi State
17) Virginia Tech
18) UCF
19) Washington State
20) Iowa
21) Iowa State
22) Memphis
23) NC State
24) LSU
25) Northwestern

Not even close. Miami has too much speed for these guys. You should have known that.

I'll admit I was wrong and take whatever you clowns want to dish out. I deserve it after the way Alabama and Miami played this weekend.

I don't know who the best team in the country is anymore. Hell it might be Miami. But I do know it ain't Alabama.

Auburn might beat our ass by 3 touchdowns like they did Georgia.

Saban has gone soft. I remember when he would be going ballistic on the sidelines. Now he just stands there all game with a depressed look on his face. Claps. Good play or the biggest bonehead mistake you've ever seen....don't matter. Just stands there and claps.

It was confirmed for me when J.K. Scott kicked that pooch kick out of bounds. Saban was fixing to unleash holy hell on the kid for a second...I could see it. But he changed his mind at the last second. Clapped.

Now the team plays soft too. I don't care what the scoreboard says....I watched Alabama get their ass beat for 3 solid hours tonight.

We won't do that slimm. You are a good man and Bama will probably still be there at the end.

We won't do that slimm. You are a good man and Bama will probably still be there at the end.

I doubt it. Not if we don't beat Auburn, and I don't think we can beat Auburn.

Not in Jordan-Hare.

Not the Auburn team I watched today.

Not the Alabama team I watched tonight.

We've suffered too much attrition at linebacker all across the board. They think stopping LSU and Miss. St. was tough? Heh, all that backfield action and eye candy Malzahn is gonna throw at em will make their head spin.

Our run fits aren't adequate anymore. These inexperienced linebackers are constantly out of position, and not fast enough to get back like the starters. Not physical enough to keep these backs from breaking all their tackles like the starters.

That's aside from the fact we can't get any pressure on opposing quarterbacks without blitzing.

It looked good for a while. But injuries have done this team in.

I believe Saban knows it too. That's why he just claps. Getting all worked up won't get any of those injured players back.

Seriously delete this post man. It was terrible before the game but now looks absolutely foolish after it.

You brought up the 2015 Clemson game? Hopefully you got a good look at the game tonight (I know u were there).

Last edited:
I think Miami is better then Clemson Oklahoma and maybe even Bama

I think the committee puts us 3rd for now. They like Bama and Clemson. In no way can they justify Oklahoma ahead of us

Back
Top Bottom