LETS GO PENS!
LETS GO PENS!

GOOOOOOAAAAAAL(S)!!!!

Capt. says, "Not so fast."

4-4

LETS GO PENS!
LETS GO PENS!
LETS GO PENS!

The Leafs scored more points in one game than the Dolphins have in two weeks...

The Panthers look absolutely dreadful after 3 and a half periods.

Annnnnd now they have 5 goals on 47 shots and are just crashing the net nonstop.

I like this new coach they've got. Real simple strategy: attack the net.

It works.

After an amazing sample size of three games, I have to say that the Panthers' offseason moves look pretty inspired. They wanted team speed and they got team speed.

Also, coaching. Thank God.

I have to say that I don't think the Panthers are going to make the playoffs this season, but my God, at least they're watchable right now. After the Rowe disaster last season, that's all I could ask.

That first line with Huberdeau and Barkov is among the best in the NFL, an absolute joy to watch. Rest of the team, not so much, but at least we've got that.

And they're playing defense now. :D

Seattle's registered the following names for potential expansion names:

The full list:
Seattle Cougars
Seattle Eagles
Seattle Emeralds
Seattle Evergreens
Seattle Firebirds
Seattle Kraken
Seattle Rainiers
Seattle Renegades
Seattle Sea Lions
Seattle Seals
Seattle Sockeyes
Seattle Totems
Seattle Whales

I'm hoping for Kraken personally.

I hope the NHL takes it slowly and cautiously with expansion. The last thing the League needs is more relocation or to have to fold up teams.

As for the Panthers, what can I say? Down to our third string goaltender -- and not exactly a guy I had any hope for -- and we're not entirely dead yet.

Biggest issues I see for the Panthers are that Nick Bjugstad just isn't any good and really, Ekblad's defense sucks. It's the kind of thing where you'll see Bjugstad put it together and look really good -- like a legit top 6 -- for a couple of games, and then he falls off the face of the Earth for the next two weeks. With Ekblad, what can I say? His skating is atrocious and he's out of position too much. That's a guy with elite potential that he can still reach, but I highly doubt that will ever happen. If he hasn't figured out he needs to put a lot of work into his skating by now, then he never will.

I think Luongo retires on IR this spring.

Back
Top Bottom