2017 Kiko Alonso thread. | Page 5 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

2017 Kiko Alonso thread.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Alright I'm in this mf now. This last clip he outside in takes on the tight end with the correct shoulder forces the tight end back making the back have to go around him the mike lb can't even get out there to make the tackle horizontal with the los the damn strong side opposite backer has to do it.

That's a mike hull not being a rangy enough player negative grade play

Also held but no big deal..... Back to the hey everybody look at me arent I so smart thread

This kind of analysis is why he and I will never be on the same page when it comes to lb play. He gets cut on one blitz attempt gets accounted for on another with the protection scheme and that's bad? My ***.

Overruns a tackle in space play that makes the back stop so that the pursuing de can run him down for no additional gain is a terrible play?

Points out the wr screen pre snap post snap looks to it and loses his assignment yep that's not good but there's no explanation for how it happened or why it did. Just a he's lost type final verdict.

I could go on.

Please do. I was hoping you'd hop in here.

Concerning the blitz attempts, that's not how you deal with a cut block if you're accounted for and play to it as so the offense wins that battle. The second clip he makes no attempt to disengage and is fine with just dancing with his partner.

On the OZ, we both know that you never trade a man for a man vs a block with again no attempt to disengage is also not how that is coached.

He doesn't point out the WR screen, he ID's his target in M2M coverage. If you want to know how it happened I'll gladly explain that to.

Rivers adjustment call has the split TE and inside WR swap position to put the larger blocking TE next to the supposed WR set for the screen and then hand motions for that supposed screen. It was an obvious bluff call that SD had shown on tape prior and utilized it in this situation to catch the defense off guard.

Last edited:
You were hoping I'd be in here pal. You don't want me in here pal.

The only lb they are trying to replace is the freaking mike that you keep endorsing.

But anyways keep posting these it's telling me a lot.

He has to take on that tight end he pushes him back not giving up a soft edge freaking mike should be there not the strong side backer. But yes nice play by Allen. Cause the mike the balls by

This thread is for player analysis on Alonso with the obvious recognition that not everybody on the defense is playing their assignments to a "T".

You were hoping I'd be in here pal. You don't want me in here pal.

The only lb they are trying to replace is the freaking mike that you keep endorsing.

But anyways keep posting these it's telling me a lot.

Relax, Hoops.

I have never endorsed Hull to the level you are suggesting. I have said over and over how he was a the best Mike we had at the time to defend the run, and the run only, once McMillan was lost. I also have said mutiple times that Hull is a liability in the pass game.

This isn't a dick swinging contest. Stick to the topic and let's talk football and drop the agenda.

Last edited:
He's not looking post snap to that wr screen for nothing. He gets caught as a result of that although I will say you may be right on what he was pointing out. I can't see enough of the alignment pre snap really.

No it doesn't have to be a swinging whatever contest but when you pound the table about something and then I look at the gifs and I got a totally different assessment I'm gonna say it.

First play he's in the correct gap forces Gordon to go to the opposite side where the damn mikes lack of range shows up yet again.

2nd play they gain no additional yardage 3rd play he is washed out but he had no impact on the play.

I will admit that he gives ground in take on that's why he's playing weak instead of mike

Although he's the best strike with one shoulder or thud with it lb we have.

The point of that clip was exactly as I explained. A pointless rally mark for a tackle recorded. Hull gets sucked into the lane, Suh also errors by flashing his helmet to the inside - a key read for RBs - and Gordon bounces it outside.

Again, the clip was to highlight the pointless recording of the tackle, nothing more.

He's not looking post snap to that wr screen for nothing. He gets caught as a result of that although I will say you may be right on what he was pointing out. I can't see enough of the alignment pre snap really.

Didn't say Rivers did anything post snap other than hit the middle seam. If actually read my post and viewed the clip from the goal line cam, Rivers makes adjustment to suggest the quick outside screen by swapping the TE to the outside and then gives a bluff signal, and we bit hook, line, and sinker.

im not even seeing much that the lb coach would even chew him out for on tape study. Maybe the lack of hustle play.

It's the mikes lack of range that shows up most. But that's for another study I guess.

2ymbw61.jpg

Players have to get in a rhythm. We just came out of a hurricane bye week and went across the country and won a game. I trust Kiko to get better as the year progresses.

im not even seeing much that the lb coach would even chew him out for on tape study. Maybe the lack of hustle play.

It's the mikes lack of range that shows up most. But that's for another study I guess.

Rather, I think you're just not seeing much that you honestly can argue about in these single player breakdowns. Critiquing the defense as a whole, or other players, is different story and for another thread.

That says a lot about a football player. Loafing is treason.

There's absolutely no reason to ding him for a recorded tackle cause he rallies to the ball when he was in his correct gap forced the ball the other way even and then pursued the football.

If you are gonna do this and maintain credibility you need to not post token "credited with a tackle" remarks when he's done his job.

There's absolutely no reason to ding him for a recorded tackle cause he rallies to the ball when he was in his correct gap forced the ball the other way even and then pursued the football.

If you are gonna do this and maintain credibility you need to not post token "credited with a tackle" remarks when he's done his job.

Reason being is that you get people that see 10-12 tackle games, or 100+ tackles on the season, and they erroneously believe so-and-so is a good defender. I was simply pointing out that such recorded statistics without context are useless. He rallied to the ball there, but the play was over and he was credited with a tackle. That's all I was addressing there.

Also lbs all the time if they are accounted for in the blocking scheme as blitzers when they can't get there back off and wait to see where the ball is going to pursue.

I just think this is over the top frankly. I don't grade down a lb unless he is a direct reason a play goes poorly.

Like the inside out on the one run that sprung. Yep. De and Kiko share that one

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom