2017 Miami Dolphins Playoffs Scenarios | Page 14 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

2017 Miami Dolphins Playoffs Scenarios

Doubtful given that our QB is Mr. Inconsistent. But let's take it one game at a time and see how it goes. Defense has to continue playing at a high level for us to have a chance.

Well the Titans QB has been consistent, consistently bad.

Well, let's go there.

Assuming Miami runs the table and finished 9-7 it means the best Buffalo can be is 8-8. Also would mean the best KC can do is 9-7. The Chiefs could win the division at 9-7, but Miami would hold the edge there in the wildcard race. If San Diego ends up 9-7, the Dolphins have the edge there.

Obviously, a lot of things would have to roll right for Miami but you never know.

The win over New England was so convincing that making a run at least seems possibly.

if they win in Buffalo, I will begin believing..but we've been here before. Win this week and its way more likely we finish, carry the momentum to KC and finish at home

We’re a 6-7 team with some great comebacks and breaks.

To expect this sort of run to earn a trip to the playoffs is setting yourself up for disappointment.
why not? We had a 6 game win streak last year and that team wasn't really that much better. As a matter of fact the last two games were as good as any during last year's win streak. In addition to that: this year's team has one up over last year's team - a win against NE. Not just a win but a pretty darn convincing win.
We beat Buffalo twice last year and KC is beatable.

We could make the argument that last year's win streak came a game or two to early. By the time we played NE in the last game we were already qualified for the playoffs. Winning 6 in a row is hard enough to do and with every win the possibility to drop the next one becomes greater but pulling off two win streaks in one season is really only left to great teams who have that personnel.
Just like last year the Dolphins have to elevate their play and make up the lack of talent through emotions and their win-one-game-at-a-time attitude. Those emotions might have been gone last year in the last game of the season. We seem to be excelling with the backs to the wall and every game from here on out is "backs to the wall".
Having not have had a win streak this year it might be the right time and the opponents are not that superior. The odds are against the Dolphins but then again the opponents are not that great either. They are good but not great.

Saying that hoping for a little win streak is setting yourself up for disappointment is crap. As a fan you always set yourself up for disappointment by simply rooting to win and then losing. Elation and disappointment are part of fan life. If you can't handle disappointment of losing you do not deserve the elation of winning or if you root to lose just to avoid disappointment you are not worth enjoying the pleasure of wins.

For a fan hope always dies last and hope of success makes you a fan. Fans always have hope one way or another. In a crappy season you hope to beat your division rivals just to be a thorn in their sides. In a successful season you hope for the playoffs and if you reach them you hope for the Superbowl. In a win less season you hope for that elusive one win to avoid that 0-16 season.
Hope is what drives a fan, makes them comeback and makes them root for their team.

It is a sad state of affairs reading some of the comments on a Miami Dolphins fan board hoping for losses or simply avoiding hope because of possible disappointment.
I dare any of you to go to a home game and stand up and say "I hope we get blown out for a better draft pick" or "we have no chance anyways". You will be beaten out of the stadium - by Dolphins fans. The one thing which unites fans is the unified hope of the many.

If we go on a win streak and make the playoff berth I can enjoy it. If we don't make it than the disappointment will last a day or two and as soon as I watch the first playoff game my hope to make it next year is renewed. On the other hand you and some of the members here don't deserve to celebrate a win streak and a possible playoff berth. Because that would make you a bandwagon fan just like Pats fans are.

Though we aren't out of it for the playoffs statistically, if you are being realistic we are probably out of it. Baltimore beat us head to head, and holds the tiebreaker. Along with that, they close their season with Cleveland, Indy, and Cinci. They will finish in front of us. Given that we have to hope that Tennessee doesn't win two games, and that one of Oakland and SD don't win out. Still a small chance I suppose.

Oak and SD play each other. Oak will either have 8 losses and be out or SD goes 9-7 and the Dolphins win head to head. Or SD wins their division and it has no factor on the Dolphins.

The Dolphins had a crazy win against the Jets back in 1986 (I think) - we sucked all year - then on Monday night football we played like Superbowl contenders and crushed them line 42 -3. I did not know whether to be elated or crushed because it was nice to see such a strong outing but crushing that it showed me what that team could have been if they stopped playing like CLOWNS!

Is this a parallel moment in time?

Or is Gase a real coach who finally unlocked the potential of a good enough team.

With that fat dork Julius Thomas at tight end it is tough to take this team seriously.

On our final TD throw to Jarvis Monday night - there was view of the pattern in slow motion and Julius Thomas was running a pattern and he was thrown around like a ragdoll so that he could not even run his pattern correctly. I mean seriously!???

All that said - I am hopeful - because why not? It was fun destroying the patsies but lets not let it turn into another of those F...ing seasons when the pats win the superbowl and the last team to have beaten them was the Dolphins. That would age me real bad.

Back
Top Bottom