2017 Miami Dolphins Playoffs Scenarios | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

2017 Miami Dolphins Playoffs Scenarios

Great job Kdawg!

I love the enthusiasm. I'm obviously hoping your scenario plays out, but share your skepticism that it will. Still, "it ain't over till it's over." as they say.

I'm going to take it one game at a time, not stress, and any more wins we get I'm treating as a bonus. If we go 8-8 I'll consider that a moral victory as Gase will still not have a losing season. If we don't make it to 8 wins, meh, I'm prepared for that already.

We found some good things in this season, Tankersley has potential, X. Howard finally showed off his ball skills, Jesse Davis was a pleasant surprise, Kenny Stills looks like a committed and talented guy, TJ McDonald is a nice addition for a year, and I have faith in McMillan when he gets healthy. At this point, the Dolphins can't hurt me anymore, unless we find another dysfunctional coach or something, which I'm not expecting to happen.

So Belichick? Brady? Surely one of those guys retires before 2020, right?

NFL is WWE. Steelers get away with so many cheap shots and bogus penalties that benefit them that it’s sickening. Just replace New England for Pittsburgh and Miami for Cincinnati and it’s the same crap we have to put up with twice year.

Be awesome.

I really don’t see the Pats losing another game all the way through to the SB this year.

Ok, we know how bad we are but I decided to look at the playoff standings. Hell if we don't have a good shot at making it if we make it to 8-8. We hold the tie breaker in head to head over the Chargers and Raiders who are ahead of us, play the Chiefs and still have 2 vs the Bills. Win those last 3 and will have a distinct advantage in head to head tie breakers. Where it could get murky is in a 3 team tie or more. Still....there is a chance given how bad we really are and that is pretty amazing.

http://www.nfl.com/playoffs/playoff-picture

Not this year..........sorry. The Chiefs have struggled but they are still a better football team by far, don't see a win there. As for the Bills, no way we sweep them, I am more willing to believe they sweep us.

If we manage a win Monday night, then I think it is fair to look at this with 3 games left that are tough....but we should have a shot in them. But if we can't beat New England Monday night, there is no possibility.

I think a more likely finishing record for us is 7-9 or 6-10.

Problem I see with our chances is the teams currently in 5th and 6th should finish at least 9-7:

Jaguars are currently 8-4 and have to play the Seahawks, Texans, @49ers, @Titans. I honestly don’t see them losing all four games, they should beat at least the 49ers and have a good chance of winning the other games.

Ravens are currently 7-5 and have to play @Steelers, @Browns, Colts, Bengals. Like the above I don’t see them losing all their remaining games. I think they’ll probably win their last three games and fall to the Steelers, but they could win out.

Essentially I see the Jaguars and Ravens finishing with at least 9 wins, though likely more than that. So while us finishing the season 9-7 would be a positive considering the challenges and ups and downs this team has had this season, I honestly don’t see us getting into the wild card spot with 9 wins unless the Jaguars or Ravens, and the other teams around us fall apart.

Back
Top Bottom