2017 Miami Dolphins Playoffs Scenarios | Page 5 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

2017 Miami Dolphins Playoffs Scenarios

I went through the Playoff Machine at ESPN. Most Scenarios had us in the playoffs if remaining Wildcard and 'in the Hunt' teams are 9-7.

Final Record:

MIami - 9-7
Baltimore - 10-6
Chiefs - 9-7
Jacksonville - 11-5
Oakland - 8-8
Tennessee 9-7

Miami is 6th Seed

Final Record:

MIami - 9-7
Baltimore - 9-7
Chiefs - 9-7
Jacksonville - 11-5
Oakland - 9-7
Tennessee 9-7

Miami 5th Seed

Last edited by a moderator:
The cool thing is that in most realist scenarios if they snuck in at 9-7 they would play in Jacksonville.

This is why Miami isn't going anywhere... Jaguars were a joke, but now they're good. And, same with the Rams. These teams were turned around pretty quick. But, Miami is still a dumpster fire, even though the offense and defense under Gase/Joseph/Burke is not that different from what they ran under Philbin/Lazor/Coyle. That's 6 years of overpaid Free Agents who usually don't work out, 6 years of drafting injured players, and 6 years of building an o-line that is still ranked in the bottom of the league. Inept Front Office personnel and a clueless coaching staff are the reason why Miami will not be going to the playoffs.

This is why Miami isn't going anywhere... Jaguars were a joke, but now they're good. And, same with the Rams. These teams were turned around pretty quick. But, Miami is still a dumpster fire, even though the offense and defense under Gase/Joseph/Burke is not that different from what they ran under Philbin/Lazor/Coyle. That's 6 years of overpaid Free Agents who usually don't work out, 6 years of drafting injured players, and 6 years of building an o-line that is still ranked in the bottom of the league. Inept Front Office personnel and a clueless coaching staff are the reason why Miami will not be going to the playoffs.

Jacksonville was picking in the top 10 for years. Dolphins only hit top 10 every other year or so. Perhaps that is the curse of mediocrity. Then again, when the Dolphins have had a top 10 pick they tend to draft busts. Turns out the Jags picks started panning out with the coaching change, but clearly had talent.

Another thing to consider is that they play in a consistently terrible division. If they had the Patriots in their division I doubt they’d be a playoff team.

Yep,

We are in the thick of things going forward. Twice with the Bills, KC. All winnable games. Furthermore, has tonight shown the Patriots are a one and done playoff paper tiger?

I'm just going to enjoy this game. I don't see how we get in. we have to win out and hope for alot

I'm just going to enjoy this game. I don't see how we get in. we have to win out and hope for alot

Win out & we're in because it would mean sweeping Buffalo.

Patriots aren't going anywhere btw. Nonetheless, huge win tonight!!

Too much ground to make up for the post season but we might as well finish the season 5-0.

I’m surprised by how well we played. Amazing turnaround! Playoffs is possible if we run the table. We will probably need some help through. The Ravens meed to lose.

Verrrry difficult to get in at this point, even with a win out. Still alive though so fingers crossed.

Hell no lol but tonight was great

Enjoy this win. Any post season talk will take care of itself if we just win and keep winning.

3 tough games left.

Back
Top Bottom