2017 Miami Dolphins Schedule and updates | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

2017 Miami Dolphins Schedule and updates

THE OG CANEPHINS

formally known as CANEPHINS
Reaction score
Looks like the schedule will be out on Thursday. Here is what we know so far for our Dolphins....

Preseason
Aug. 10 Atlanta Falcons
Aug. 17-21 vs. Baltimore Ravens
Aug. 24-27 at Philadelphia Eagles
Aug. 31 at Minnesota Vikings

Regular Season
Sept. 10 vs Tampa Bay Buccaneers
Sept. 17 @ Los Angeles Chargers
Sept. 24 @ New York Jets
Oct. 1 vs New Orleans Saints, 9:30 am est
Oct. 8 vs Tennessee Titans
Oct. 15 @ Atlanta Falcons
Oct. 22 vs New York Jets
Oct. 26 @ Baltimore Ravens. TNF
Nov. 5 vs Oakland Raiders SNF
Nov 13 @ Carolina Panthers MNF
WEEK 11 - BYE
Nov. 26 @ New England Patriots
Dec. 4 vs Denver Broncos
Dec. 11 vs New England Patriots MNF
Dec. 17 @ Buffalo Bills
Dec. 24 @ Kansas City Chiefs
Dec. 31 vs Buffalo Bills

FWIW...

We will NOT have a nationally televised pre-season game. Here are those games...

yVXzFxAh

Last edited by a moderator:
they've done it before. I mean scheduling teams in the preseason and again early in the season

they've done it before. I mean scheduling teams in the preseason and again early in the season

Not too often, we played Tenn twice last season and the regular season game was week 5. I think the last time it happened in the first month for second meeting was vs the Saints in 2013.

I expect to play the AFC East teams early and late. The Tennessee game I have about week 4 or 5. The Raiders game would have some good story lines for a prime time game. I expect the Thursday night game to be against the AFC East.

I think the other thing that is in our favor of opening at home is the fact we have opened on the road the past 2 years, and 4 out of the past 5 years. They owe us some home openers and a little home field advantage. Hell Looking back over the last 10 years and they really owe us...

2016 @ Seattle, @ NE
2015 @ Wash, @ Jags
2014 vs NE, @ Bills
2013 @ Browns, @ Colts
2012 @ Texans, vs Raiders
2011 vs NE, vs Texans
2010 @ Bills, @ Vikings
2009 @ Falcons, vs Colts
2008 vs Jets, @ Cards
2007 @ Redskins, vs Dallas

Since 2010 we have only had 4 home games the first 2 weeks of the season. That is 4 games out of 14 to start our seasons. I don't think any team the league has had the downside of starting the season like we have. The NFL owes us BIG TIME!

Not too often, we played Tenn twice last season and the regular season game was week 5. I think the last time it happened in the first month for second meeting was vs the Saints in 2013.

I expect to play the AFC East teams early and late. The Tennessee game I have about week 4 or 5. The Raiders game would have some good story lines for a prime time game. I expect the Thursday night game to be against the AFC East.

at least we should get some prime time this year

I really hope the bye is later in the season before our Thursday night game. Please no on the week 5 bye. I think they could deal with the travel better than the short week and likelihood of more injuries mid season.

Following your line of thinking, we open up with either the Bills or Raiders at home.

Week 1: vs Raiders
Week 2: @ Chiefs
Week 3: @ New England
Week 4: vs Saints (in London)
Week 5: vs Bucaneers
BYE

Hopefully we get our road games out of the way first.

We have at 7 home games the first 2 weeks of the season since 2007. That is 7 out of 20 games, we sure as hell deserve a break and to get 2 at home to open the season...only happened once over that stretch in 2014. However, thanks to the London game that won't happen. So odds are we will get week 1 at home and then 2 on the road. We have requested that the Chargers game not be week 3, so we should hopefully be able to rule them out.

BTW...if we open up with Raiders, Chiefs, and Pats...that is by far one of the most brutal ways to open the season.

We have at 7 home games the first 2 weeks of the season since 2007. That is 7 out of 20 games, we sure as hell deserve a break and to get 2 at home to open the season...only happened once over that stretch in 2014. However, thanks to the London game that won't happen. So odds are we will get week 1 at home and then 2 on the road. We have requested that the Chargers game not be week 3, so we should hopefully be able to rule them out.

BTW...if we open up with Raiders, Chiefs, and Pats...that is by far one of the most brutal ways to open the season.

While true, I'd rather get the difficult games out of the way first. Get Oakland, NE, and KC out of the way so we can split the other AFC contenders(TEN, DEN, BAL, NE again) up through 11 weeks. Getting Atlanta after our BYE would be ideal as well.

Considering Miami has week 4 as a home game and will want week 5 as a home game too I think the Fins have weeks 2 and 3 on the road for sure and the west coast trips will be later in the season

Week 1 might be Raiders at Dolphins (just a hunch)

Could be given the Raiders stadium share with the A's. However, they very well could open up at home on a MNF doubleheader.

A'S are home
Sept 10th (Monday 11th is available, A's on road the 12th).
Sept 24th (Monday is not available)

A's are away
Sept 17th
Oct 1

Following your line of thinking, we open up with either the Bills or Raiders at home.

BYE

Talk about another rough opening to the season but I guess there's no other choice when the teams they play are probably going to be good.

BYE

Not trying to be negative but if that's our first 4 games we could be looking at a bad start

Ozzy rules!!

Not trying to be negative but if that's our first 4 games we could be looking at a bad start

Ozzy rules!!

Tough no doubt. Raiders were overrated last year though. They beat up on bad teams and lost to good teams

Last edited by a moderator:
Tough no doubt. Raiders were overrated last year though. They beat up on has teams and lost to good teams

Kind of like us then.....lol.....we beat one single team with a winning record and that team kicked our butts in the playoffs. I've said this before, we're going to have to play much better this year just to win 10 games again

Ozzy rules!!

Back
Top Bottom