2017 NFL Draft: Could Takkarist McKinley answer Miami Dolphins’ edge need? | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

2017 NFL Draft: Could Takkarist McKinley answer Miami Dolphins’ edge need?

DKphin

Club Member
Reaction score

UCLA defensive end Takkarist McKinley pressures Colorado quarterback Sefo Liufau at the Rose Bowl in Pasadena, CA. McKinley had 10 sacks. (Photo by Chris Williams/icon Sportswire)

If Takkarist McKinley slides to the Miami Dolphins and the 22nd pick in the NFL Draft, there will be incredible temptation.
McKinley is an edge rusher and the Dolphins badly need a developing edge rusher.
McKinley has raw explosiveness, track speed, long arms, versatility and a desire to smash quarterbacks that look like and throw like Tom Brady.
And McKinley, who arrived on the scene — and we mean really, really, frequently arrived in Pac-12 backfields in 2016 — is a 6-feet-2, 250-pound product of UCLA boasting tenacious, relentless effort.

Miami’s front office digs effort.
http://dailydolphin.blog.palmbeachpost.com/2017/04/12/2017-nfl-draft-takkarist-mckinley/

I think his best fit is in a 3-4, but I love his talent. I don't think he makes it to #22 unless teams start reaching for quarterbacks which is always a possibility.

I think if Charlton and McKinley are there Miami goes Charlton as the better fit.

Back
Top Bottom