Hand:9 3/4
40 Yard Official:
Bench:
Vertical:
Broad:
3-Cone:
S. Shuttle:
60 Yard Shuttle:

STRENGTHS: Adequate height for the position with room to add bulk. Strong understanding of touch and trajectory downfield, fitting the ball between levels of the defense. Unforced throwing motion with the arm strength to make all the necessary NFL throws. Displays crisp zip on outs, slants and dig routes. Efficient pocket movements with his upper and lower body, using pumps and motions to hold defenders. Uses both sides of the field, finding his second and third receivers. Anticipates pressures pre-snap, keeping a cool demeanor in the pocket. Enough mobility to occasionally extend plays, sliding and moving away from heat. Toughness was often tested at Miami, taking hits but only missing one game the past three seasons. Became the school's all-time leading passer in only three years (9,968), which is even more impressive considering the talent at quarterback Miami has produced over the years - also finished fourth all-time in ACC history in passing yards.
WEAKNESSES: Slow-twitch trigger and shows too much hesitation from within the pocket, holding the ball too long and taking hits. Leaner-than-ideal body type and needs to continue and fill out. Late, inconsistent decision-maker and needs to improve his anticipation of passing windows. Enough arm talent for the next level, but won't wow with his arm strength. Deep ball lacks life. Goes through erratic stretches with his accuracy. Sluggish feet and gets the deer-in-the-headlights look on some pressures - internal clock needs re-wired. Mechanics lack polish and needs to clean up his balance and footwork. Missed playing time as a sophomore due to a concussion (Oct. 2015) and played through an injured right shoulder as a junior (Oct. 2016).
COMPARES TO: Jared Goff, Los Angeles Rams - Sporting a similar body type and arm, Kaaya has a lot of the same traits that made Goff the No. 1 overall pick last season. Kaaya isn't as poised under pressure or consistent with his decision-making, which is why he won't be drafted nearly as high, but their strengths as passers match up similar.
http://www.cbssports.com/nfl/draft/players/2136468/brad-kaaya

Last edited by a moderator:
I actually like Cunningham over Foster and I have a feeling he will be drafted higher

RB Leonard Fournette Louisiana State 6-0 240

[video=youtube;m9sHp2gkmzc]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=m9sHp2gkmzc[/video]

Combine Results:
Height:6'0"
Weight:240
Arm:31 5/8
Hand:9 1/4
40 Yard Official:4.51
Bench:
Vertical:28.5
Broad:
3-Cone:
S. Shuttle:
60 Yard Shuttle:

STRENGTHS: Though he is as likely to smile as glare at opponents, Fournette is an intimidating presence with an imposing, well-distributed frame. He is every bit as powerful as he looks, rarely going down to first contact.
Fournette runs with excellent pad level for a back with his height and is proverbial hammer meeting the nail, unloading on defenders with an explosive initial collision and leg drive. Fournette isn't reliant upon his power, however. He is just as likely to spin away from an oncoming hit or swat opponents aside with a powerful stiff arm, leaving defenders guessing and perhaps hoping they aren't about to become the victim of Fournette's latest highlight reel.
One of the many elements which make Fournette such a special talent is that he complements his power with the shiftiness and speed of a much smaller back. Whereas most backs his size rumble down the lane, Fournette can tip-tap his way to and through the hole. Even defenders able to crash through the line of scrimmage to meet him in the backfield can be left grasping at air as Fournette possesses the lateral agility, balance and burst to make 90-degree cuts in either direction.
He is also a natural, patient runner. Fournette will slow down to allow his blockers to do their job, exploding with sudden acceleration once a lane is presented to him. With terrific vision for cut-back lanes and the speed to simply run away from defenders once in the open field, Fournette is a big play waiting to happen as a running back, receiver and kick returner.
Even where Fournette has limited experience - like in the passing game - he shows the traits necessary to project well at the next level.
Fournette is rarely asked to do much in the passing game at LSU. While he caught 26 passes (for 380 yards and a touchdown) over his first two seasons, many were simple dump-offs in the flat or screens. Still, Fournette has long arms and shows soft hands to corral passes outside of his frame. He has proven reliable in fielding kickoffs, as well, including on the 100-yard return for a score against Notre Dame in the Music City Bowl to cap his incredible freshman season.
While he's rarely asked to truly pass protect, Fournette shows awareness, physicality and selflessness in doing so. There may be some initial growing pains as he is asked to stay in to pass protect in the NFL but this is more nit-picking than a true concern.
WEAKNESSES: The greatest concern scouts have for Fournette is durability. Though he has never missed a game due to injury, Fournette enters his junior campaign at LSU with 539 career touches already. Of course, that doesn't include the pounding he took while starting four years in high school, where he ran for 7,619 yards and 88 touchdowns.
With LSU loaded for a potential title run, Les Miles and offensive coordinator Cam Cameron are not likely to "save" Fournette for his anticipated early jump to the NFL. Fournette is a remarkable talent, but scouts will have to determine how much (if any) of the tread on his tires is already being worn.
COMPARES TO: Adrian Peterson, Vikings -- Just like Peterson back at Oklahoma - the only other back in the past 20 years with Fournette's combination of size, power and speed - LSU's star running back is virtually a man amongst boys at the college level. Peterson "slipped" to Minnesota at No. 7 overall in part due to the injuries he sustained with the Sooners. Barring his own injury concerns, Fournette is himself a cinch for a top 10 selection and could even warrant No. 1 overall consideration.
http://www.cbssports.com/nfl/draft/players/2131693/leonard-fournette

I actually like Cunningham over Foster and I have a feeling he will be drafted higher

I like Cunningham as well though I know I can't be the only one that notices that something is "off" with him. I'm not a draft expert like most are but Cunningham's tackling is troubling. He also seems to be in position to make a lot of plays but just can't. Not sure if its mental or the coaching at Vanderbilt.

I like Cunningham as well though I know I can't be the only one that notices that something is "off" with him. I'm not a draft expert like most are but Cunningham's tackling is troubling. He also seems to be in position to make a lot of plays but just can't. Not sure if its mental or the coaching at Vanderbilt.

Very keen observation and extremely accurate on your part. Cunningham is a fine player, but he has flaws and his tackling does need work. Technique wise he needs to bring his feet everytime when he tackles, something he doesn't always do and it leads to poor tackling. Arm tackling when you don't bring your feet results in two things....big plays by the offense and face mask penalties.

I helped prepare for Pinson Valley and Zach Cunningham when he was in high school. He's not nearly as physically ready for the NFL as a Reuben Foster. Cunningham is more of a 3rd round prospect in my opinion. Needs to get stronger and work on his tackling fundamentals.

He has another year of eligibility and I think he'd be wise to use it. Work hard in the weight room for one more year and clean up on a few of his flaws.

It seems like Peppers is a great athlete, but if you take out his return ability does he play any position well enough to warrant the high draft pick some people are projecting him as? He's almost like the defensive version of Ted Ginn. I don't know that I would say he's an elite db or linebacker. He's ok at those positions, but don't think he's worthy of a high first round grade.

Very keen observation and extremely accurate on your part. Cunningham is a fine player, but he has flaws and his tackling does need work. Technique wise he needs to bring his feet everytime when he tackles, something he doesn't always do and it leads to poor tackling. Arm tackling when you don't bring your feet results in two things....big plays by the offense and face mask penalties.

I helped prepare for Pinson Valley and Zach Cunningham when he was in high school. He's not nearly as physically ready for the NFL as a Reuben Foster. Cunningham is more of a 3rd round prospect in my opinion. Needs to get stronger and work on his tackling fundamentals.

He has another year of eligibility and I think he'd be wise to use it. Work hard in the weight room for one more year and clean up on a few of his flaws.

Interesting. I didn't pick that up I only watched 2 games though. Cunningham seemed like a sure tackler to me. But I love his instincts. Cunningham seems like he is ahead of Foster in that category.

WR Corey Davis Western Michigan 6-3 209

[video=youtube;ccakyWEsv90]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ccakyWEsv90[/video]

[video=youtube;m7_W-RHXZgg]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=m7_W-RHXZgg[/video]

Pro-Day Results: March 15(Unable to participate)
Height:6'3"
Weight:209
Arm:33
Hand:9 1/8
40 Yard Official:
Bench:
Vertical:
Broad:
3-Cone:
S. Shuttle:
60 Yard Shuttle:
STRENGTHS: Davis sports a tapered, athletic frame with a well-developed upper body. He is a smooth accelerator with a legitimate second gear to track down deep passes and changes directions quickly and with good body control.
Frequently moved to create matchup problems for the defense, Davis has an advanced understanding (compared to most college receivers) of the flanker, splint end and slot responsibilities. Davis is a smooth route-runner who incorporates a series of stutter-steps and shoulder fakes to generate separation. He tracks the ball well over his shoulder, shows the ability to extend and pluck the ball from outside of his frame and is generally a reliable hands catcher, overall.
Given his height, Davis shows impressive agility and acceleration to elude defenders once the ball is in hands, as well as core strength and determination to break tackles.
WEAKNESSES: Davis typically looks to release off of press coverage with a quick stutter-step, which is generally effective in getting cleared but disrupts the timing with his quarterback. He could use to develop better hand play in this regard and add more sustained physicality to his game, overall.
Davis does not often enough use his height and leaping ability to win contested passes, only sporadically timing his jump to truly grab the ball at its highest point. Davis needs to show greater hand strength to pull in passes from outside of his frame, rather than allowing them to be broken up by competitive defenders who didn't give up on the play just because he had put both hands on the ball.
Davis could do a better job of finishing the play as a run blocker, a well, as he can be a bit complacent, only sealing defenders off rather than physically latching on and controlling opponents as his size would suggest is possible.
IN OUR VIEW: Scouts want to see how Davis will respond in 2016 with his former running mate Daniel Braverman now running underneath routes for the Chicago Bears. The loss of the speedy slot receiver could allow defenses to bracket Davis and limit his production. Polishing up some of the little things and performing well in post-season all-star game opportunities and workouts, however, could cement Davis as one of the top receiver prospects in the country and a top 50 prospect in the 2017 NFL draft.
http://www.cbssports.com/nfl/draft/players/2061005/corey-davis

TE Bucky Hodges Virginia Tech 6-6 257

[video=youtube;o2efVHnTUz8]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=o2efVHnTUz8[/video]

Combine Results:
Height:6'6"
Weight:257
Arm:32 1/2
Hand:10 1/8
40 Yard Official:4.57
Bench:18
Vertical:39
Broad:134
3-Cone:
S. Shuttle:
60 Yard Shuttle:

STRENGTHS: What makes Hodges special is his raw combination of size, strength and athleticism. He is a classic mismatch, towering over the defensive backs often asked to cover him and proving too fast for most linebackers.
He accelerates smoothly off the snap, showing the agility, balance and strength to escape the jam and quickly get into his routes. Hodges possesses rare speed for the position and tracks the ball well over his shoulder, making him an ideal threat down the seam. He shows zero hesitation in going over the middle, extending to collect difficult passes in traffic and is bullish after the catch, often dragging would-be tacklers yards downfield.
Hodges shows vision and agility after the catch, as well, generating four 40-plus yard plays over his first two seasons. His height and leaping ability make Hodges an especially difficult matchup in the red zone, where the Hokies often flanked him out and simply threw jump balls to him.
WEAKNESSES: Like a lot of today's college tight ends, Hodges is essentially an overgrown wide receiver. Though he possesses size and aggression, Hodges rarely was used by the Hokies as a traditional in-line blocker. He shows awareness and competitiveness while blocking for teammates, but is a work in progress in this area, currently proving more of a pest than a punisher to opponents.
Critics will point out that Hodges still has plenty of work to do as a route-runner. Too often he has relied simply on his size and speed to get open at the college level, rounding off his breaks. Further, he has developed some unnecessary habits of body-catching and occasionally jumping needlessly to haul in passes.
IN OUR VIEW: In terms of the size, speed and strength package, Hodges might just be the freakiest pass-catcher in the country. If committed to polishing his game, the future looks bright for Hodges with a possible first-round selection waiting for him.
http://www.cbssports.com/nfl/draft/players/2071631/bucky-hodges

OC Ethan Pocic Louisiana State 6-6 310

[video=youtube;R--E1FfJiZk]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=R--E1FfJiZk[/video]

Combine Results:
Weight:310
Arm:33 1/8
Hand:10 1/8
40 Yard Official:5.15
Bench:26
Vertical:27
Broad:107
3-Cone:7.89
S. Shuttle:4.81
60 Yard Shuttle:

Ethan Pocic is an experienced offensive lineman who has helped open running lanes for one of college football’s top runners in Leonard Fournette. Pocic is the leader of LSU’s offensive line who does a good job communicating and ensuring everyone is on the same page.
He’s a good athlete for the position who can reach the second level, pull to the edge and work trap blocks. His athleticism also helps in pass protection where Pocic keeps his head on a swivel and can identify the most immediate threat.
Pocic is a very active pass blocker who will work out of his area to ensure the quarterback stays upright. He needs to show a more consistent anchor as there are times where he is pushed back into the quarterback.
The issues holding at the point of attack also extend to the running game where he gives up ground and creates an obstacle for the running back. This is an issue, but it’s not a constant occurrence only something that needs to be corrected.
Pocic is effective as a run blocker when he’s able to get his hands on the defender and extend his arms. He can create a small push but does a better job crossing the face of the defender and sealing them from the play.
His overall performance would improve if he did a better job exploding out of his stance and delivering a strong initial punch. This would help him avoid getting pushed back into the pocket and hold at the point of attack.
Despite the negatives I mentioned, Pocic is a solid center prospect who will get looks early in the 2017 NFL Draft.

Current Draft Position: Late 2nd Round
http://withthefirstpick.com/2016/08/26/2017-nfl-draft-lsu-ethan-pocic-scouting-report-2/

OT Cam Robinson Alabama 6-6 322

[video=youtube;YORk6oOzm40]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YORk6oOzm40[/video]

Combine Results:
Weight:322
Arm:35 1/2
Hand:10 1/2
40 Yard Official:5.15
Bench:
Vertical:26
Broad:106
3-Cone:7.81
S. Shuttle:4.82
60 Yard Shuttle:

STRENGTHS:Given his massive frame, Robinson is surprisingly quick off the ball, showing good lateral agility and balance to mirror pass rushers. He can fire off the ball in the running game, showing the initial burst to pull and climb to the second level, where he is an intimidating presence that most defenders look to avoid at all costs. His greatest attribute, however, may be his iron grip rather than elite footwork, which could prompt a switch to right tackle or even inside to guard at the next level, like his Alabama predecessors. Robinson strikes opponents with a powerful initial punch, showing excellent hand placement and strength to control defenders. Robinson generates impressive power at the point of attack, rolling his hips and driving his legs to steer opponents away from the ball. Though his pad level rises as he tires, Robinson rarely loses the leverage battle, keeping his knees bent through contact.
WEAKNESSES: While powerful and statistically impressive in pass protection, Robinson is not the dancing bear most NFL teams are looking for at left tackle. He can be a tick late off the snap, showing limited ability to recover if beaten initially and can struggle against speed rushers when the quarterback holds the ball. Robinson has been protected a bit in Alabama's scheme with tight ends and backs providing chip blocks and the dominant running game forcing pass rushers to throttle down. Further, Robinson needs to show greater anticipation and change-of-direction while blocking on the move. Too often defenders are able to slip by him at the second level. Robinson comes with legitimate off-field concerns, as well. He was arrested (along with Alabama teammate Hootie Jones), at closed park in Robinson's hometown of Monroe, Louisiana on troubling drug and weapons charges. Though the charges - which included felony possession of a stolen gun and marijuana -- were later dropped due to insufficient evidence, the incident resulted in both players being placed on indefinite suspension by head coach Nick Saban as well undergo weekly drug tests, meet regularly with police and drug counselors and perform at least 20 hours of community service.
IN OUR VIEW: Scouts will have to do their homework on Robinson's off-field issues but on the field, he's shown toughness, strength and athleticism - attributes which will help him quickly earn a starting role early in his NFL career, though not necessarily on the blindside.
COMPARES TO: Cordy Glenn, Buffalo Bills: Like the 6-foot-6, 345 pound Glenn, Robinson lacks the light feet to remain at left tackle in every scheme but he's powerful enough to latch on and control opponents and comes with a proven track record against top competition.
http://www.cbssports.com/nfl/draft/players/2146457/cam-robinson

DT Carlos Watkins Clemson 6-3 309

[video=youtube;aq2JSveiycc]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aq2JSveiycc[/video]

[video=youtube;u8K5jUC05do]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=u8K5jUC05do[/video]

Pro-Day Results:
Height: 6'3"
Weight: 309
40 Yrd Dash: 5.01
20 Yrd Dash: 2.95
10 Yrd Dash: 1.77
Bench:
Vertical Jump: 28
Broad Jump: 108
20 Yrd Shuttle: 4.88
3-Cone Drill: 7.97

STRENGTHS: Watkins has a solidly-built frame for the position with well-distributed mass and room to add more muscle, including in his lower half. He fires off the snap with the movement skills to cross the face of blockers and redirect his momentum in tight spaces to close on the ball carrier. Watkins has broad shoulders and is quite strong, he is able to generate a significant push when he locks out and drives his legs. He isn't an easy player to move in the run game, showing the ballast to hold up even to double teams when he keeps his technique. He showed improved awareness and lateral pursuit as a senior.
WEAKNESSES: Despite five seasons of college football, Watkins is not yet the sum of his parts. He needs extensive mechanical refinement, playing too high and bending at the waist rather than the knees, leaving him off-balance and too often getting pushed off the ball. He struggles to counter the upper body movements of blockers, allowing his hands to wander, which opens his chest and helps single blockers tie him up. For all of his production sacking the quarterback, Watkins shows a limited pass rush repertoire, relying too much upon his feet and power to overwhelm blockers. He was asked to drop into coverage on occasional zone blitzes by Clemson but lacks ideal balance and agility, looking robotic in this role, even among defensive tackles.
IN OUR VIEW: Watkins is not the consistently disruptive force that his statistics indicate but he shows enough quickness and power to play a variety of roles, projecting as a top 100 selection.
COMPARES TO: Corey Liuget, San Diego Chargers - Watson has the quickness to potentially handle three-technique duties in the 4-3 but his barrel-chested frame and strength could intrigue 3-4 proponents, as well. He isn't likely to emerge as the star at the next level that his flashy statistics suggest but should prove a quality addition with starting potential.
http://www.cbssports.com/nfl/draft/players/1983529/carlos-watkins

DE Myles Garrett Texas A&M 6-4 272

[video=youtube;W8qmOAe_QK0]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=W8qmOAe_QK0[/video]

Combine Results:
Height:6'4"
Weight:272
Arm:35 1/4
Hand:10 1/4
40 Yard Official:4.64
Bench:33
Vertical:41
Broad:128
3-Cone:
S. Shuttle:
60 Yard Shuttle:

STRENGTHS: The single most important attribute for pass rushers in today's up-tempo NFL is initial burst. Garrett excels in this area, showing the explosive first step to cross the face of would-be blockers on the perimeter and generating remarkable closing speed, which contributed to his knack for forcing the ball out.
Garrett's rare burst was quantified over the summer by Texas A&M's use of GPS technology, which according to Aggies head coach Kevin Sumlin, tracked Garrett at a remarkable 19-20 miles per hour - times normally associated with wide receivers and defensive backs.
Garrett's initial speed rush is impressive in its own regard, but is the moves he has created to complement this burst that separates him from most college pass rushers. Unlike most edge rushers of his height, Garrett has a flexible core, which allows him to dip, duck and change directions with remarkable fluidity.
The Aggies take full advantage of Garrett's change of direction skills by occasionally sliding him inside to defensive tackle or running tackle-end stunts, allowing the athletic rusher to loop around and wreak havoc against overmatched guards and centers. Garrett has developed a quick inside spin and has learned to use his hands well, featuring classic rip and swim moves along with a surprisingly effective bull rush. Garrett also shows impressive awareness, timing his leaps to knock down passes at the line of scrimmage and sniffing out trick plays.
While Garrett's "strength" lies with his length and athleticism, he is considerably more powerful than his somewhat lanky frame suggests. Garrett comes off the ball low and hard, maintaining his pad level throughout the play. He shows impressive functional strength to extend his arms, lock-out and anchor in the running game, as well as the power to drag down ballcarriers attempting to run past him.
WEAKNESSES: Garrett is almost too quick of his own good, at times, bursting upfield only to leave space behind him for teams to exploit on quick draws and screens. Garrett has shown improved awareness over his career of cut-blocks, but some teams (including Alabama) had some success against him in this area and his long legs leave him slightly vulnerable. Garrett is athletic enough to drop into coverage but looks less comfortable the further he gets from the line of scrimmage.
IN OUR VIEW: Finding true weaknesses for Garrett is tough duty as he's a remarkable talent destined for an early pick if he can remain healthy. The NFL team fortunate enough to draft Garrett will have the luxury of using him as a traditional hand-in-the-dirt defensive end or stand-up rusher. He projects as a 10-plus sack-a-season edge rusher in the NFL and would have almost surely leapt Joey Bosa to be the first non-quarterback selected in 2016, had he been eligible.
http://www.cbssports.com/nfl/draft/players/2139869/myles-garrett

ILB Jarrad Davis Florida 6-1 238

[video=youtube;NTJOKfUAJUs]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NTJOKfUAJUs[/video]

Don't know if I agree with the thesis of the video, but he is good
[video=youtube;tCGyy5bWd-E]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tCGyy5bWd-E[/video]

Pro-Day Results:
Height: 6'1"
Weight: 238
40 Yrd Dash: 4.62
20 Yrd Dash: 2.64
10 Yrd Dash: 1.57
Bench: 23
Vertical Jump: 38 1/2
Broad Jump:129
20 Yrd Shuttle: 4.29
3-Cone Drill: 7.39

STRENGTHS: Davis possesses a compact, powerful frame well-suited to linebacker. He shows terrific football intelligence, quickly locating the ball and anticipating where it is going. Davis anticipates the snap well as a blitzer, timing his rush to split gaps in the line of scrimmage to rack up tackles for loss. Davis has the agility to slip past would-be blockers and his naturally low center of gravity and core strength help him quickly disengage when opponents do reach him. Davis plays with an Energizer bunny's motor, frequently chasing down ball-carriers from behind. When he sets his eyes on a target, Davis generates impressive closing speed which results in explosive collisions. He is alert in coverage, anticipating routes and slapping at the ball as it arrives to break up passes. He possesses the speed and agility to handle outside duties, as well as the compact frame and spatial awareness to slide inside, if needed.
WEAKNESSES: The biggest issue is Davis lacks ideal size and durability questions must be addressed with a full, healthy 2016 campaign. There are also questions about his best fit from a schematic perspective. Florida's stout defensive line allowed him to essentially roam the field and pursue the ball without fighting off blocks. Davis can make the "wow" play but too often he is reckless when attempting to tackle ball-carriers in space, failing to break down sufficiently to deliver the sure hit and tackle.
IN OUR VIEW: Davis will provide his future NFL defensive coordinator with options as he possesses the speed and agility of a traditional 4-3 outside linebacker, as well as the instincts and toughness to handle inside duties.
COMPARES TO: Philip Wheeler, Atlanta Falcons: Sporting a similar blend of size, physicality and versatility as Davis, Wheeler has carved out an impressive NFL career. Both are instinctive, gritty defenders who can play a variety of roles.
http://www.cbssports.com/nfl/draft/players/2079752/jarrad-davis

Back
Top Bottom