2017 NFL season: Jay Ajayi facing sky-high expectations | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

2017 NFL season: Jay Ajayi facing sky-high expectations

DKphin

Club Member
Reaction score
11) Jay Ajayi, RB, Miami Dolphins
Ajayi recovered from a rough and slightly turbulent start to 2016 to post some strong numbers, including a trio of 200-yard games, while helping the Dolphins reach the playoffs. It's crucial to Miami's season that Ajayi be able to replicate that success in Year 3 -- and I think he will. Ajayi has great running ability. He sees the opening and knows how to cut. There's no question in my mind that if he stays healthy (and, it should be noted, doubts about his longevity were what helped depress his draft stock in 2015), Ajayi will have an even better year than he did in 2016.
http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap30...on-eleven-figures-facing-skyhigh-expectations

Nothing wrong with high expectations and Jay Ajayi should expect a lot this season. He certainly has the chance to be among the league leaders in rushing and could top 1500 yards. I think Adam Gase will be smart with his usage and we might see Kenyon Drake go for 500-600 yards this season.

I would like to see Ajayi behind an improved offensive line. How many times was he met at the line of scrimmage, only to break a couple tackles and bust a nice run? We could be talking 1800 yards here.

He looks even bigger this season and that's saying something because he was a tank last year.

1200 Yards easy....1600 yards a strong possibility....

Barely used him last year early, and even did not give him the rock enough in some later games after he proved himself.

25 carries a game minimum please....sprinkle in some Drake runs/passes, and Cutler won't feel pressured to sling it to the other team in panic mode.

Last edited:
Run the offense thru him

It's the best way to hide the qb exposure

20 plus carries per game. Play him on 3rd down too. Ride that horse.

I bought into him. Drafted him 4th overall on my wife's fantasy league team.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom