2018 NFL Draft order as of right now

Discussion in 'NFL Draft Forum' started by Fin Fan in Cali, Nov 19, 2017.

1. KingDolphin57

KingDolphin57 Hall of Fame

Moved to 8th.

2. Fin Fan in Cali

Fin Fan in Cali Joanne Shaw Taylor Super Donator Finheaven VIP

3. finfan41

finfan41 Rookie Finheaven VIP

Next week game scared me, as Denver may be worse then us

4. The Ghost

The Ghost Stamos

We will fall back to 9th this time tomorrow. Unlikely Houston beats Baltimore.

Currently Chicago and Tampa are the only teams with a higher SOS than Miami.

I was hoping Buffalo lost today.

5. finfan41

finfan41 Rookie Finheaven VIP

The bears have the miners next week, hope we don’t screw up and beat the broncos

6. SF Dolphin Fan

SF Dolphin Fan Seasoned Veteran

Miami may end up in the top 5 now. I don't see a dominant pass rusher, although I do like Chubb on NC State as an all-around DE. I think the team would be in a good spot to improve the secondary, or maybe Barkley could be in play. The qb debate will rage on as well.

It's likely too early for a linebacker or offensive lineman. Those who are suggesting a trade down might get their wish this year.

7. The Ghost

The Ghost Stamos

I could see us getting up to as high as 6th overall.

That Denver game is certainly interesting as I thought they were in full tank mode but surprisingly scored some points against Oakland in the 4th quarter with Trevor Siemian, who will likely be starting against us.

The Jets have put up more fight than we have and could sneak in another win or two, they host KC this week and then travel to Denver. Never thought a month ago the Jets would have a chance against KC, they do. However, It's more likely we over take the Bears, who like mentioned above, are hosting SF.

Catching Indy isn't likely, I wish they held on for that win yesterday. We won't win a tie breaker with Tennesse or Houston (Cleveland). Of all the teams at the top of the draft right, Indy is the most likely landing spot for Saquan Barkley.

8. dolfan91

dolfan91 Starter Donator

The latest mock draft by Bleacher Report has Miami selecting Minkah Fitzpatrick with the 8th selection. This would be a dream scenario in more ways than one could imagine, because this kid can play anywhere in the secondary and would be ideal covering a TE in nickel and dime situations. He’s as nimble as a CB and plays with a Safeties mentality. He’d get my juices runnin, if he was the actual pick. But I’m not sure he’d last till #8?

Rolltide03 and SF Dolphin Fan like this.
  9. ckparrothead

ckparrothead Premium Member

I love Minkah Fitzpatrick. I think Miami currently has #7 draft order though and at that range we may be able to get Saquon Barkley or Bradley Chubb, either of which I'd recommend.

Albert Romano and j-off-her-doll like this.
  10. SF Dolphin Fan

What's your view on pass rushers in this draft, CK? I like Chubb a lot, but I'm not sure he's going to be an elite pass rusher. Doesn't seem to be that elite type in this draft or am I wrong?

As much as I like Barkley, I think the team can get a good back a little later although he's certainly someone who could be elite at the position.

11. Rolltide03

Rolltide03 FinHeaven VIP Finheaven VIP Donator

Why Barkley when plenty of other rb’s to get later? I would be mad with this pick with the playmakers on defense that will be available.

12. j-off-her-doll

j-off-her-doll FinHeaven VIP Finheaven VIP

Chubb would be ideal. If Harold Landry, Malik Jefferson, Roquan Smith, Josh Jackson, and/or Minkah Fitzpatrick excel over the offseason and test like high-end athletes, I'll like any/all. Outside of one of those, I hate going WR, but Courtland Sutton is my favorite WR prospect since 2011. Total package.

dolfan91 likes this.
  13. dolfan91

dolfan91 Starter Donator

One RB that intrigues me is Auburn’s Kerryon Johnson, he’s a well rounded runner, who could be a steal in round 2 or later.

14. SF Dolphin Fan

Hey J-off-her-doll....Interesting that you mention Sutton. With the way Parker is playing I wouldn't rule out wide receiver. The team could use a consistent #1 type. Parker may get there, but how long do you wait?

I like Chubb a lot, but wonder if he's a good enough pass rusher to take top 10? This doesn't appear to be a good year for pass rushers, which is too bad because Miami needs one.

Jackson and Fitzpatrick are top 10's in my book. I think the Dolphins would have to consider Barkley as well.

j-off-her-doll likes this.
  15. j-off-her-doll

j-off-her-doll FinHeaven VIP Finheaven VIP

Parker's struggles certainly make Sutton a more realistic option. With a good OL and running game, I don't think you need an alpha WR - like Sutton or what Parker is supposed to be. But, if you don't (current situation for Miami), a true alpha will open up the rest of the offense. Sutton's quickness for his size is very impressive. He makes cuts like a smaller, lighter WR. Despite being bigger, he's much quicker than Parker.

If Chubb declared for the 2017 Draft, I would have agreed that his pass rush is not top-10 worthy. Based on 2017, it's definitely good enough. He just has to show that he's a reasonably good athlete, which I expect to be the case. He reminds me of Jared Allen and also a little of Joey Bosa. I think he'll do alright on the jumps and 40, but I expect him to do really well in the agility drills and solidify his top-10 spot. I remember watching the 2016 Combine, and Bosa had a bad start to the day - running slow, not jumping well, and people started talking about him falling outside the top 10. Then he destroyed the 3-cone. It was a "There it is" moment. As good as he was at Ohio St., it would have been almost unthinkable for him to lack an elite trait. I feel the same way about Chubb, but we'll see.

I'm good with Barkley, and I think he should fit what Gase wants to do with his RB's - outside zone, catching the ball out of the backfield, etc. For most teams, I'd prefer Guice, but Barkley looks like a better fit in Miami. Fitzpatrick will probably have one of the best Combines of the class, and I'm curious to how Jackson does. He reminds me of a longer Casey Hayward - also a little of Asante Samuel.

16. jlfin

jlfin old pro

It’s amazing how many of those holes get smaller when you have an elite QB guiding your team.

SF Dolphin Fan and Snoop like this.
  17. SF Dolphin Fan

That's true. I think Tannehill is slightly above average. The team can win with him. But, Miami may be in a position to get someone with more upside in this draft.

Elite? That is the question. Is there an elite qb in this draft? I know there are 4-5 that will be drafted in the first round, maybe as many as four in the top 10.