2018 NFL free agents: Dolphins risk making gigantic mistake with Jarvis Landry | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

2018 NFL free agents: Dolphins risk making gigantic mistake with Jarvis Landry

DKphin

Club Member
Reaction score
landry2.jpg

Pretty much every comment that comes from Jarvis Landry or the Dolphins while a potential new contract is in negotiation is nothing more than posturing as one side tries to save a little money and the other pushes for as much it can get.
But there’s one statement that resonates. It’s something Landry said on the final day of the season, and the Dolphins know he’s right.
“I want to be here,” he said. “If not, I’ll find a way to be successful elsewhere.”
He will be successful elsewhere. Count on it.
Landry’s career is off to a great start, and he’s only 25. He’s going to put up many more excellent seasons. The only question is whether the Dolphins are smart enough to make sure those happen in their uniform.
Ultimately, it seems highly likely Miami and Landry will reach a deal that works for both sides, and the team still has the franchise tag and transition tag in its back pocket if necessary. But it should never come to that. It shouldn’t have even come to this.
The Dolphins need Landry more than he needs them, because there should be a line of attractive suitors for him on the open market. He’s going to get his money whether it’s here or, as he said, elsewhere. It’s far less of a certainty that Miami will be able to find another Landry.
http://dailydolphin.blog.palmbeachp...k-making-gigantic-mistake-with-jarvis-landry/

My only issue on the Landry thing is - if he is such a "team guy" they why hold the Dolphins over the fire. If he sees we are close to being good if not great, they why not stay take a little less (say 10-12 million range), use that "extra" money he would get to get more/better players? If his true desire is to win championships and make Miami great again, I would think that money would be a small in comparison.

Landry will be in a Bears uniform next year.

After what they went through this last year they are going to be more than willing to pay for the #1 WR on the market.

After the Bears release their bums they will have close to 80 mil in cap room, and Landry is the perfect slot receiver for young Mitch Trubisky.

Kevin White continues to lurk and Meredith played OK when healthy, and they may bring back Inman, but they have nothing like Landry to help a young QB.

Their only real challenger may be the Colts and Josh McDaniels, who is intimately acquainted with Landry and his skill set. Both teams are loaded with cap but the Colts just have holes everywhere to deal with.

You guys have to know that the hidden tampering is always going on, right? I'm sure Landry's agent is well aware of the other teams that are willing to pay.

The Bears have a very strong defense and some nice pieces coming back; it wouldn't be such a bad destination for Landry.

all that matters is guaranteed money. what did Stills get? Add another $15M and call it a day

all that matters is guaranteed money. what did Stills get? Add another $15M and call it a day
Hes not better then Stills though. Why should he get more? Stills was our best WR. Just cuz you catch 100 balls doesn't make you better. Hartline had good statlines when he was here. Do you want him back? At a big Salary?

Hes not better then Stills though. Why should he get more? Stills was our best WR. Just cuz you catch 100 balls doesn't make you better. Hartline had good statlines when he was here. Do you want him back? At a big Salary?
thank you for saying this. I have been saying all season that Stills is the better all around receiver. I think letting Landry walk will have the same impact that the Lions had when Calvin Johnson retired. Sure they signed Marvin Jones, but it forced them to more evenly distribute the ball. We won't find one receiver to replace him but we can replace him in the aggregate. Get a tight end to catch balls in this offense and get the other receivers more involved along with the running backs, and you will have a far more balanced offense.

thank you for saying this. I have been saying all season that Stills is the better all around receiver. I think letting Landry walk will have the same impact that the Lions had when Calvin Johnson retired. Sure they signed Marvin Jones, but it forced them to more evenly distribute the ball. We won't find one receiver to replace him but we can replace him in the aggregate. Get a tight end to catch balls in this offense and get the other receivers more involved along with the running backs, and you will have a far more balanced offense.

I strongly disagree. Trey Quinn in the 4th and Randall Cobb after he is released, and it's, Jarvis who?

I strongly disagree. Trey Quinn in the 4th and Randall Cobb after he is released, and it's, Jarvis who?

I have mentioned Randall Cobb as a possible replacement but my point is that no one person is going to replace that production. In fact, I don't think Gase 1 receiver to replace that production. I am of the opinion that he would prefer a more balanced offense that isn't as predictable.

This offense needs more chunk plays, more Stills, Grant and Parker targets and less Landry targets. It's not Landry's fault that he's the recipient of so many screens, it's not his fault he plays in a 10 yard box, thats his game, thats who he is as a WR. Landry cannot consistently line up outside, it's a limitation. You can't pay limited players top 5 money at their position, it's a straight up bad strategy...

“ The Dolphins need Landry more than he needs them”

I think after all the debating, I think this sums up why we should pay the man what he wants..

I’m just not that confident that we can find his equal, and we’re just not good enough to lose him, we simply can’t afford to lose him with our qb coming back.

Revised offer...5/65 mill.

I want Jarvis back but not "at all costs" and not at "a pay whatever he wants" - If he walks we can and will replace his production.

My biggest issue is that Jarvis Landry comes off as a me me me player with no leadership qualities. He needs to mature... I think he will but he should have taken that step last year and taken the Offence under his wing and dragged Cutler to a better record as best he could but instead he didn't put in the work and got called out by his boss and got him and the other star on the team ejected in the last game of the season in a game we could have won.

Just my 5 cents on Landry.

Back
Top Bottom