2018 NFL free agents: Dolphins risk making gigantic mistake with Jarvis Landry | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

2018 NFL free agents: Dolphins risk making gigantic mistake with Jarvis Landry

Was a big fan of Landry at first but his act has grown old.... You all see "fire and passion" and I see a highly insecure immaturity. Landry is a very good player but will never be elite and probably knows it. His insecurities show by his passive aggressive tweets trying to draw attention to himself. Good riddance buddy Stills is gonna look so good playing in the slot for an Adam Gase offense. Gase will also be able to open up the full potential of his offense by finally being able to have his type of guy in the slot

I'm honestly sick and tired of the Landry debate. I'm ready to move on and I hope the team moves on and we start running a more balance offense where we get all the weapons involved in the game plan. I'm tired of the 3 yards passes to Landry on 3rd and 11

Ozzy rules!!

“ The Dolphins need Landry more than he needs them”

I think after all the debating, I think this sums up why we should pay the man what he wants..

I’m just not that confident that we can find his equal, and we’re just not good enough to lose him, we simply can’t afford to lose him with our qb coming back.

Revised offer...5/65 mill.

You should post here more frequently, even if I disagree with you on this one.

We don't want to find his equal. That's the point. This offense is ridiculously regulating, with one guy squirming through gaps within a 10 yard frame. Sure, it looks clever when it works. Screen passes look clever also, which is why the typical fan has an overboard fascination with them.

We have to give Tannehill a chance. I'm not his biggest fan but with Gase there is more opportunity for him to succeed, given motion and wrinkles similar to what we saw late season. But it's not going to be maximized without sufficient rushing attempts, or with the same stagnant route tree with little #14 influencing wimpy throws that deserve to go elsewhere...risking actual success.

Kenny Stills is an improving player. There are too many lulls. I'm convinced he is capable of a much higher volume role, if asked and demanded. Those 20 yard downfield darts will be fun. And once you're forcing the defense to respect them on a regular basis, other avenues open up.

I was afraid of changing the logo. I knew what Mike Dee was likely to deliver. I'm not afraid of changing this offense. There simply isn't much downside.

So the site endorses doing a good job drafting and letting guys walk once they’re good and overpaying to lock up FA pickups? Sounds like a winning franchise philosophy!!

So the site endorses doing a good job drafting and letting guys walk once they’re good and overpaying to lock up FA pickups? Sounds like a winning franchise philosophy!!
Bro I hear you but this team has got to start to get smart on not over paying players. Perhaps that is this year with a tough decision on Landry.

I feel like one of the biggest mistakes we’re making with Landry is looking at last season as the focus. He averaged 4 more YPC with Tannehill, who will be his QB next year, than with Cutler. He was obviously handcuffed by piss poor QB play last year.

I feel like one of the biggest mistakes we’re making with Landry is looking at last season as the focus. He averaged 4 more YPC with Tannehill, who will be his QB next year, than with Cutler. He was obviously handcuffed by piss poor QB play last year.
Yes bro but what number a year do you say okay and above that we need to let you go find the best deal?

This is becoming way too much talk....go look at Diggs who was drafted in round 5 or Kupp who was just drafted this past draft in round 3 then tell me if Landry deserves Devante Adams money.

Yeah the debate in many ways comes down to risk aversion and allocation of resources.

Do you think the best use of resources is to stay firm with a guy who is a good slot receiver that you have some issues with... for $15mil against your cap, or to let him walk, spend that $15mil elsewhere, and allocate a draft pick on another slot receiver who may or may not pan out? That's the debate.

If I'm the Dolphins, I look real hard at a kid like Braxton Berrios from right here in South Florida. What's the draft grade the gurus have him on? 3rd? 4th round? That kid can play, I know that. And if you listen to people around the UM football program, his football IQ is through the roof. I'm rolling the dice on that and spending some of my $15mil annually on an all-pro guard (Norwell is on the market, boys) and saving some dough to get my cap situation nice and sorted.

I don't believe that Adam Gase needs a slot receiver like Jarvis Landry. He's had Emmanuel Sanders and Wes Welker in the slot in Denver, and both were very productive for him. I think the team can roll the dice in the draft -- where slot receiver has been one of the easier positions to reliably fill -- and get similar production for 1/15th of the cap hit.

To me, the best argument for keeping Landry is that he's tough. That it's just hard to tackle him. It hurts to tackle him. Guys don't like to tackle him and they feel it afterward. That does add value to the offense when you're throwing him the ball 8 times a game.

But you can also get that same value out of a running back or tight end, and those are both positions where we should be looking for exactly that kind of player.

Meh, Jarvis' antics are getting old. Understandably he wants to get paid. But he's posting passive aggressive hidden messages on social media like a 12 year old who just discovered Twitter.

We paid a high price for Carroo. Let's use him.

Who on this board saying that they want to over pay for free agents? The team has done that but I don't recall anyone here being happy about it. Also, just because the team made mistakes on giving out some bad deals doesn't mean they should keep doing it. Maybe it's time for them to learn not to make the same mistakes again.

Ozzy rules!!

I’d use money that we were going to give Landry and sign a TE and someone like Allen Robinson or Sammy Watkins. They won’t demand huge money like that

Offense improves vastly

My only issue on the Landry thing is - if he is such a "team guy" they why hold the Dolphins over the fire. If he sees we are close to being good if not great, they why not stay take a little less (say 10-12 million range), use that "extra" money he would get to get more/better players? If his true desire is to win championships and make Miami great again, I would think that money would be a small in comparison.
He did that last year taking less and they used it to pay Cutler. So my question to you and others and if he agrees to play for 10 million instead of 15 million would you be ok if he just played 10 games instead of 16. Look ya need to flip the switch put yourself in the same shoes as Landry. Say you work in a salaried position with no over time but with a big bonus if you reach certain incentives. You work at a place you like etc, you go to collect your bonus of a cool million and the company says hey you want to keep your job we are going to give you 600000.00 instead. Meanwhile accross town their rival is willing to give you a million and a half up front just to sign with them. What would you do as a loyal employee.

Back
Top Bottom