2018 NFL free agents: ESPN ranks Dolphins’ Jarvis Landry top wide receiver | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

2018 NFL free agents: ESPN ranks Dolphins’ Jarvis Landry top wide receiver

DKphin

Club Member
Reaction score
pro_bowl_football_52395.jpg

Somebody’s going to want Jarvis Landry badly enough to pay big money for him. If it’s not the Dolphins, it’ll be another team. Probably a few of them.
In ESPN’s ranking of the NFL’s top 50 free agents this year, Landry was ninth overall and No. 1 among wide receivers. He is the only Dolphins player on the list, which isn’t surprising since most of the team’s top players are signed through at least the upcoming season.
http://dailydolphin.blog.palmbeachp...nks-dolphins-jarvis-landry-top-wide-receiver/

Because he is. Everyone calling him “replaceable” and “just a slot receiver” are incorrect IMO. He’s a great all around football player. Can catch, run, block, play ST. He’s worth the money he wants. We won’t pay him because we used up too much dough on guys like Kiko and Branch. Shame.

I agree royal shank but even without the bad cap signings like Kiko and Branch, the Fins should not overpay for him. He's not Antonio Brown or Julio Jones. They need to find a palatable number.

The thing with Landry is I don't see him getting a good contract and stop working hard like some do. I see him still putting in 100% week in and week out.

I hope they find a way to keep him.

I agree royal shank but even without the bad cap signings like Kiko and Branch, the Fins should not overpay for him. He's not Antonio Brown or Julio Jones. They need to find a palatable number.

The thing with Landry is I don't see him getting a good contract and stop working hard like some do. I see him still putting in 100% week in and week out.

I hope they find a way to keep him.
Completely agree that the guy will continue to run a high motor even after his pay day. I don’t want to pay him $15mil but I’d pay him $13mil. If he really leaves over $2mil that would be a shame.

Because he is. Everyone calling him “replaceable” and “just a slot receiver” are incorrect IMO. He’s a great all around football player. Can catch, run, block, play ST. He’s worth the money he wants. We won’t pay him because we used up too much dough on guys like Kiko and Branch. Shame.
Brother I Like Landry as a player, however this team needs to have a limit and stick to it. We can't keep giving out huge contracts. It has to start somewhere. Branch was hurt and I believe Kiko will be better with better players around him. I wish him the best on his new team except when he plays the Dolphins.

Last edited:
Brother I Landry as a player, however this team needs to have a limit and stick to it. We can't keep giving out huge contracts. It has to start somewhere. Branch was hurt and I believe Kiko will be better with better players around him. I wish him the best on his new team except when he plays the Dolphins.
Do you think he’s definitely a goner or is there a chance he takes our offer?

Because he is. Everyone calling him “replaceable” and “just a slot receiver” are incorrect IMO. He’s a great all around football player. Can catch, run, block, play ST. He's worth the money he wants. We won’t pay him because we used up too much dough on guys like Kiko and Branch. Shame.

Let's not get crazy. Nobody playing a game is worth 15 mil per..... but i digress.

He'll get his money.... but don't mistake someone's willingness to pay stupid money as an indicator of that person's value. Don't forget Byron Maxwell got stupid money and he couldn't amount to a hill of beans outside of that scheme in Seattle.

Regardless of the money Branch and Kiko got, Landry is absolutely not worth $15M a year. My ****ing nana in a wheelchair could average 8.8 yards per catch.

He might be worth the money he wants and he might not, the Dolphins don't seem to think he is worth 15 million and they tend to pay their players well, some would say even overpay. The Phins seem to have drawn a line in the sand and that's not a bad thing, everyone's so confident that Landry is getting this 15mill this upcoming season...........we'll see.

Being a slot receiver isn't as niche as it was in the early 2000's. Many teams are starting to go to the 3 wide as their "base" formation.
Now, I don't think the Dolphins should sign him to his current salary demands but going 3 wide is a staple of this offense and well he is the best WR we got. Stills is a close #2 and who the hell knows about Parker.

Think the Dolphins will play it like Vernon, like him hit the market and see if another team pays him with a brinks truck.
And I think a team will do it, probably one with a QB on a rookie contract and cap space to burn.

Regardless of the money Branch and Kiko got, Landry is absolutely not worth $15M a year. My ****ing nana in a wheelchair could average 8.8 yards per catch.
That was this year. What about being no 2 in the league in RAC? Whatever - we retain the wrong guys (Branch and Kiko) and let the right ones walk. He is as asshat so there’s that and I have to believe that is factoring in here. Gase needs to figure out how to deal w tough or odd personalities.

Shocker....

Fins let their best players walk while signing FA's for extra cash. Should of locked him up when we had the chance, before the FO pissed him off and now he's relishing in his true worth.

The Pro bowl dodge ball game photo sold me on his worth.

This is why the tag-and-trade idea is not as far-fetched as many on here would have you believe. The trick is gauging his market entirely behind the scenes. If there is one, you can totally make a deal that nets a 2. However, if the front office has already an idea of what some teams will - and will not - give up, then letting him go with no immediate compensation is the way to go.

For my money, I'd rather us double up on TEs this year and go to a 12-personnel base package (there are several potentially great tight ends in this draft that so far are flying largely under the radar, not to mention a few deceptively good free agent TEs).

But that's just me...

Back
Top Bottom