2018 NFL free agents: Miami Dolphins a fit for Jimmy Graham or Trey Burton? | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

2018 NFL free agents: Miami Dolphins a fit for Jimmy Graham or Trey Burton?

DKphin

Club Member
Reaction score
jimmygraham.jpg

The biggest splash signing would be former Miami Hurricane football/basketball player Jimmy Graham, who was not as productive in Seattle as he once was in New Orleans. Graham would likely flourish more with Gase than he did as a Seahawk.
But Graham is 31 years old and has played eight NFL seasons.
Trey Burton, 26, and a former Florida Gator, had 37 catches in 2016 and 5 touchdowns on 23 catches this season.
Burton tossed a memorable touchdown pass to Nick Foles in Philadelphia’s recent Super Bowl win. At the right price, the former undrafted free agent could be the ideal late-bloomer plucked at just the right time.
Of course, projecting what he may be able to do as a starter could also result in overpaying.
http://dailydolphin.blog.palmbeachp...lphins-a-fit-for-jimmy-graham-or-trey-burton/

based our past, the younger, cheaper player would be the way to go. Kind of like how Thomas was developed by Gase (tongue in cheek on that one).

Burton, a solid guard and re-sign Landry.

Then the draft can focus on defense early and often. Maybe Guice if he's there in the 2nd, which I've seen in some mocks.

Burton is a good athlete all around, but im not sure how polished he is.....

Would feel a lot better about it if he saw more time as a 1 receiving threat.....

Plus he will cost because of TE needy teams across the league....

The Dolphins have to stop bringing in big name players who's best years are behind them. Jimmy Graham is a perfect example, big name, big rep, big money, and then gives the team little or nothing like Julius Thomas or Timmons. Just get younger player who are ascending and if you draft and groom a player in your system, keep him.

Draft a TE in this draft and double up if your not sure. There's some very good players coming out that can help teams in a hurry.

The Dolphins have to stop bringing in big name players who's best years are behind them. Jimmy Graham is a perfect example, big name, big rep, big money, and then gives the team little or nothing like Julius Thomas or Timmons. Just get younger player who are ascending and if you draft and groom a player in your system, keep him.
Agree - no more has been’s or nearly has been’s. Start developing your own talent and plug certain slots w veteran FAs. Don’t try to build your identity on the backs of older FA guys.

Burton is the sort of TE that I can see Miami pursuing. I think it's near certain that Julius Thomas will be cut and so we are probably in the market for a TE. Zach Ertz gets all of the attention in Philly and he is terrific but Burton could probably do more if given a lot more opportunities. He strikes me as an emerging talent who becomes a free agent at the right time for Miami.
For what it's worth, I wouldn't seek Jimmy Graham. He has been a very expensive disappointment in Seattle and while he is still a good big target, I think that he will probably be expensive and he comes with some risk. I would also be tempted to invest a decent pick in the Draft for a TE eg Troy Fumagalli, Gesicki or Goedert.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom