2018 Off-season changes | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

2018 Off-season changes

Csonked Out

Club Member
Reaction score
This is early but the teams play lately is depressing me so I wanted to do an off-season plan by position

QB- I have never been a huge Matt Moore fan as he is not the most football smart guy in the world and struggles with audibles at the line of scrimmage. I don't really want to pay big money for the back up so a guy like Chase Daniels would be fine with me

RB- I am ready to move on from Damien Williams, personally I don't think he provides enough in the running game. I have a big man crush for Royce Freeman and would also like to see us get a guy like Jerick Mckinnon from the Vikings.

TE- Troy Fumagalli out of Wisconsin please, could be had in the 2nd or 3rd. Also, I still am intrigued by Luke Wilson. It is time we invest a draft pick to get a productive player at this position

WR- Tannehill changes the dynamic of this group as his deep ball opens everything up. I don't want to see any changes here.

Offensive line- I like James and hope Tunsil will show improvement over the last half of the year, Jesse Davis is also a keeper as he is an effective guard and tackle. Is this the year we finally replace our center? If so, Billy Price out of Ohio State is at the top of my list. A backup center like John Sullivan would not be a bad idea here either. I am undecided on our guard situation until I see Larsen Play. If Larsen shows up than it isn't as much of a need. Also, Andre Smith intrigues me at RG.

DL- We seem set on the DL, having our 5th and 6th round rookies show so much promise certainly helps. These last 8 games are important for Jordan Phillips to even be on the team next year IMHO.

LB- Getting our rookie MLB back next year will be huge and TImmons has shown well so far. I would be looking to use our extra 4th round pick to draft Timmons replacement though as he isn't getting any younger

Secondary- Our Strong Safetys are covered with both Jones and Mcdonald and I am personally over Michael Thomas. He is a great special teamer but we have a few younger guys that are also very good at it and dont cost 1.8 million. Just please find us a true free safety. CB we have invested heavily in and have good depth going into next year. Cole Reyes out of North Dakota is an intriguing late round option at Safety.

I don't see us as big spenders this next year but we need to improve our depth beyond our starters. We have drafted well the last 2 years and honestly aren't to far off. I could honestly see us adding 5 players via the draft directly to our offense, we shall see how it all plays out.

I'm a Tannehill fan but we need to draft a QB no later than the 3rd round depending on who's there. Moore is just not the guy to replace Tannehill if he goes down for more than a game or two. I'm not sold on Howard yet and we don't know if Lippett will be back 100% healthy so I'd draft a corner. I agree that we need to draft a TE at last that has a real chance of being our seam TE. As far as the O-line, we need a new cenetr and at least one guard.

Ozzy rules!!

Matt Moore
Jay Cutler
Nate Allen
Stephone Anthony
Jermon Bushrod
Jakeem Grant
Matt Haack
Mike Hull
Bobby McCain
Koa Misi
Mike Pouncey
Julius Thomas
Michael Thomas
Alterraun Verner
Damien Williams
Sam Young
Pretty good list but Anthony,Hull(ST's) are not getting cut imo.........and Gase seems to really like Williams and McCain. As far as Thomas, he just had his best game so if he keeps it up he might be back thought I'd love to draft a TE in the 2nd round

Ozzy rules!!

McCain had been doing good last few games. I really like to see our WR,s like this in 2018 Josh Gordan, Landry, Stills. Trade Parker for a 3rd and move on.

These would be my offseason priorities:

1) Fix the damn OL once and for all. That means replacing both Pouncey and Bushrod with better players. We'll see how Larsen does, and Asiata might help too, but I see us getting at least two new starters next year.
2) Find a better Plan B at the QB position. No more Moore as your backup. We need someone with upside who Adam Gase can develop.
3) Draft a new starting RB and TE.
4) Try to find upgrades at the slot corner and FS positions.
5) Re-sign Hayes, keep Timmons, and get more depth for the front 7.

Last edited:
Blow up the whole interior of the OL, I want new starters at guard and center next year, draft a QB within the first 2 rounds. Add another DT, Da'ron Payne or Vita Vea would be excellent additions. We're also gonna need a starting RB.

Blow up the whole interior of the OL, I want new starters at guard and center next year, draft a QB within the first 2 rounds. Add another DT, Da'ron Payne or Vita Vea would be excellent additions. We're also gonna need a starting RB.
Give Larsen a chance yet, he could be a good one and if we draft a QB in first or 2nd round I will be so so pissed.....

McCain had been doing good last few games. I really like to see our WR,s like this in 2018 Josh Gordan, Landry, Stills. Trade Parker for a 3rd and move on.
Not likely. Landry wants a ton of money which we don't have and then you want to add another WR that would want a lot of money too and can not be trusted. No thanks. We've had enough head cases to take on another one.

Ozzy rules!!

Give Larsen a chance yet, he could be a good one and if we draft a QB in first or 2nd round I will be so so pissed.....
Larsen has always been pretty much a back up. He might do good but I'm not counting on him to be an all pro all of a sudden when he's never even being a starter. As far as a QB, hard to find good ones after the first 2 or 3 rounds

Ozzy rules!!

Larsen is a nobody. And why would you be mad, we ain't winning **** with Tannehill.

QB - Tannehill plus a 2nd or 3rd round QB.
HB - I'm fine with Williams as a 3rd down back, he is decent receiver and block...just can't hit a hole to save his life. We need a legit vet though.
TE - Would like Fasano back, Julius Thomas finally showed up this week...if shows up the final 8 games I think we are fine next season.
WR - re-sign Jarvis and we are set
OL - James back definitely, Tunsil is decent at LT. Jesse Davis is good even if it's just as a backup. Pouncey is done injuries have taken his game. Giving Bushrod $3m was a waste. Rebuilding the interior line should be #1 priority
DE - if we can resign Hayes we are set for one more year
DT - Phillips has played more consistent since his return from injury Godchaux was a steal, above average player. Think we are fine here
LB - with McMillen back we are solid, just need depth
CB - we need a solid vet, hopefully Howard and Tillerson improve plus getting Lippett back makes us look good
S - starters are set for the next three years, we need a backup so Thomas is not playing
K - Parkey was an upgrade, needs to hit XPs though
P - Haack needs competition
LS - Denney is a long snapping god, someone perfect cloning for god sakes.

Whether you’d like to see changes to the WR corps or not, changes there will be. Landry will not be here next year.

Not likely. Landry wants a ton of money which we don't have and then you want to add another WR that would want a lot of money too and can not be trusted. No thanks. We've had enough head cases to take on another one.

Ozzy rules!!

What I don’t get is if the team really doesn’t have Landry in the long term plans (which it kinda seems that way) why did you not trade him at the deadline?

Franchising him will command a ton of cap so not seeing that, maybe Mike T wants to go with trade him later or get the comp pick route game.

Good effort Czonk- basically aligns with a lot of my thoughts as well, which I have also already posted. Sucks were already on to 2018 in most of our minds

Back
Top Bottom