2018 quarterback speculation thread | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

2018 quarterback speculation thread

VBCheeseGrater

Not Quite A Shredder
Super Donator
Club Member
Reaction score
From insidethepylon.com

http://insidethepylon.com/nfl/teams...8/15/tannehills-injury-impact-2018-qb-market/

Ryan Tannehill’s Injury Could Have a Major Impact on
The Miami Dolphins were in a tough situation last week. Franchise quarterback Ryan Tannehill partially tore his ACL, and recently decided to undergo surgery, ending his 2017 season. Despite having a capable backup like Matt Moore, the Dolphins decided to fill the need left by Tannehill’s injury externally, signing Jay Cutler out of retirement and away from the FOX broadcasting booth. The deal was for one year worth $10M with the potential to earn an additional $3M in incentives.

Re: The article speculates that Tannehill could end up in Denver....The Joseph connection is an easy jump to make, but seems feasible if neither of the guys in Denver show anything special this year. Elway is not afraid to go get his man.

Last edited:
We have had a large amount of Tannehill v Cutler and 2018 qb threads over the last few weeks. IF you want to have this discussion please have it here

We have had a large amount of Tannehill v Cutler and 2018 qb threads over the last few weeks. IF you want to have this discussion please have it here
18104639.gif

Interesting article. Smart play for Miami is letting tanny play at the 2018 number and if he medically can't do it anymore moving on after the season.

Although if I'm tannehill I'd welcome a move to Denver and that fit.

From insidethepylon.com

http://insidethepylon.com/nfl/teams...8/15/tannehills-injury-impact-2018-qb-market/

The Joseph connection is an easy jump to make, but seems feasible if neither of the guys in Denver show anything special this year. Elway is not afraid to go get his man.

I see no speculation. I see no controversy. If, yes there are if's, Tannehill's surgery is deemed a success and his progress by Jan is on track, there will be no early round QB and no resigning of Cutler. If, OTOH, the surgery is unsuccessful or progress is poor with little hope of improvement, this thread should be revisited.

I see no speculation. I see no controversy.

Certainly no controversy, agreed there, but no speculation?? Im not sure theres a more accurate term for predicting landing spots for 2018 season QBs at this point. Straight up guessing, perhaps.

Edit: my OP was edited by the mods because i quoted way too much of the article (lesson learned, sorry mods)...but the speculation part comes from the author placing Tannehill in Denver in 2018...which i originally included in the OP...hope that clarifies.

If Denver offers a 1st they can have him.

Certainly no controversy, agreed there, but no speculation?? Im not sure theres a more accurate term for predicting landing spots for 2018 season QBs at this point. Straight up guessing, perhaps.

Edit: my OP was edited by the mods because i quoted way too much of the article (lesson learned, sorry mods)...but the speculation part comes from the author placing Tannehill in Denver in 2018...which i originally included in the OP...hope that clarifies.

I'm going by speculate = guess, with little evidence. Yes, there are other definitions. In this case, there IS evidence.Assuming Tannehill returns (and recent similar surgeries suggest he will), I see no "guessing" needed. HCs seldom (rarely?) walk away from a starter who performed well in the previous year. He'll be back.

The smart play is drafting a QB and letting Tannehill start in 2018. Then make a decision.
Absolutely......You have to give Tannehill the shot next season, Cutler is not the long term answer although I do think he will perform well this year. Draft a QB next year(100% in agreement) but giving up on Tannehill at this time I think would be a mistake.

I'm going by speculate = guess, with little evidence. Yes, there are other definitions. In this case, there IS evidence.Assuming Tannehill returns (and recent similar surgeries suggest he will), I see no "guessing" needed. HCs seldom (rarely?) walk away from a starter who performed well in the previous year. He'll be back.

No point in us getting too deep into semantics on a football forum, so i'll just say that I agree with you - I believe the most likely scenario is that Tannehill returns.

Back
Top Bottom