Rashad Jones $5.5 in cap loss if cut
Branch $2M
Stills $3.5M
Alonso $3,5M
Tunsil $4M
Macdonald $3M
Harris $6M

Cutting Suh saves $4M but $22M cap hit.

I'm not saying we should cut these players, but these salaries with no cap savings, in a year Suh gets $26M and Tannehill gets $20M, shows a renegade mentality of spending. When you look at the dead money above, it just makes you crumble - over $100M

I like going to a web site called OverTheCap.com which shows our salary cap situation. Looks like we have a little over $14 million in cap space (2018), but it shoots up to $62M in 2019 and $102M in 2020. Our GM’s and Capologists kind of mortgaged away next season.

Yeah that is where I got the info

It is so imperative we cut the players to give us savings and dont extend Suh.

Not that this thread is pointless, but why would you show a list of players where maybe only one of them has a realistic chance of being cut which is Kiko. not one of the other players will be moved unless its a trade, and I only would think McDonald or jones is tradable. With that being said, would you mind listing other players that will realistically be gone next season?

Not sure what the issue is here, two of those guys were recent first rounders, the others signed last year and we already knew they were awful contracts, impossible to cut. Suh is the only one and that was a previous GM.

I'm ok with the Stiils deal. Tunsil and Harris is pretty much the first round deals but I agree with all the others were not good deals

Ozzy rules!!

I dont think tanenbaum has anything to do with the guys we have picked up the last couple years. Hes nothing more than the errand boy essentially. Gase and co tell them who to get and he finds a way to get it done. I really dont think he has any say on who we pick up.

So you all are ok w the front office?

You start this thread as if to suggest the Miami Dolphins are in a unique position relative to the rest of the league.
The thread is pointless without comparative analysis to other teams.

Every random thought that pops into my ****ing brain: The official thread of the movie.

My goodness this front office needs to be fired:
Rashad Jones $5.5 in cap loss if cut
Branch $2M
Stills $3.5M
Alonso $3,5M
Tunsil $4M
Macdonald $3M
Harris $6M

Cutting Suh saves $4M but $22M cap hit.

I'm not saying we should cut these players, but these salaries with no cap savings, in a year Suh gets $26M and Tannehill gets $20M, shows a renegade mentality of spending. When you look at the dead money above, it just makes you crumble - over $100M

Rashad Jones, Andre Branch, Kenny Stills, Kiko Alonso, TJ McDonald, and Charles Harris were all from last offseason and Tunsil was drafted in 2016. This is how contacts work, there is a penalty for cutting a player one year after signing them to a contract. That is great for the players.

Not that I didn't like TJ, but I still don't get giving him that extension before seeing him play alongside Jones in the regular season.
Wasn't like we got a sweetheart deal from signing him early.

that list doesn't make your point about tannenbaum, our cap person/situation, the front office, or the coaching staff.

Back
Top Bottom